• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Playground doing work.

Horizon 4 is going to get a ridiculous number of players.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game not available on Game Pass, for those that had their claws ready to play that card. About the topic itself, great news. FH3 is fantastic and I can't wait to play both 4 and whatever those guys do next.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Great numbers for a game in a dying genre. FH3 is this gen's Burnout Paradise.

Last edited:

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Hoooooly shit. Never expected anywhere near that amount.

FH4 is gonna be an absolute monster

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game leaderboards sit at 7.2 million for PC and Xbox, the difference has to be demo players.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Dont see why not. Game is one of the most popular games on Xbox so it probably did well on PC also.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this one up late May and I've been playing almost daily and pumped 400 hours into it.

It's sooo good. Can't wait for 4.

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting tired of these player numbers being reported by games? Just give the sale figures.

In before but it's a gaas game, players number is what counts.

The demo is a separate entity and as far as I know not counted.

We don't know if they include the demo or not. Most likely they do.

Bungie still won't tell us how many copies Destiny one sold yet said it had 20 million players and that was including the trial. Destiny one clearly sold well but sold no where near 20 million.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Game leaderboards sit at 7.2 million for PC and Xbox, the difference has to be demo players.

Could be a difference in offline players possibly. Highly doubt they'd count a demo.

We don't know if they include the demo or not. Most likely they do.

Bungie still won't tell us how many copies Destiny one sold yet said it had 20 million players and that was including the trial. Destiny one clearly sold well but sold no where near 20 million.

Destiny Trial is the full game though.

They probably also count people that played during the Xbox Gold Free Weekend thing as well.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is Forza Horizon 3 the best reviewed racing game (that isn't called Mario Kart 8) in current gen? Or has there been one higher? It's at 91 on MC

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-3
That 4/10 review is still the best. "Bored with cars" and comparing it to Dirt Rally haha.

Forza Horizon 3 is a driving game both without direction and made by a studio seemingly – understandably – bored with cars. It isn't wholly different or worse than its predecessors, but after four years of these games, and with titles like DiRT Rally rediscovering the fundamental, basic thrills of racing simulations, Horizon 3 feels tired.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it on PC and it was worth it but man do I wish they would drop their windows store bullshit.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Best game of the gen so far. I'd imagine it will appear on Game Pass before FH4 drops and shoot up further.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I have very, very high hopes for FH4. I feel like PG is putting absolutely everything into it - pretty much everything about the game sounds like an improvement over the already excellent FH3. Seasons, route creator, character customization, public forzathons, forzathon store, shared world, more verticality, horizon stories, more visual customization, wheel-less cockpit mode, 60 fps mode on the X..... I'd say that Horizon is already the definitive racing franchise of this gen, but FH4 can take a step to become truly legendary, like oldschool NFS and GT games. Unless MS/PG fuck up with something like lootbox bound progression or some other greedy tricks ...- thankfully, even on that front, things are looking up, as T10 have backtracked on basically all of the bad things in FM7 and for the first time the Ultimate edition actually includes the expansions.