• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
In Forza Horizon, since the first game, there are these "barn find" rumors that pop up randomly while playing the game. These will tell you to search a certain part of the map until you find a barn with an old beat up car in it. The car will then sit in your garage for a while until the mechanic has fixed it up, at which point you can pick it up and drive it.

In Forza Horizon 3, playground games had you search for 15 of these. There are 15 total, so you have to find all 15 for the achievement.

Unfortunately, for many people it would not track correctly. Sometimes during certain events they'd get one, and it wouldn't improve. However, sometimes they'd do each barn find one by one, and nothing would improve anyway, even if they were just in free roam. For a few people, the barnfinds available in the DLC allowed them to still get to 15. But for others, even that did not work. And of course I shouldn't need to mention that no one should have to pay for an achievement to work. And again, for many people that didn't work either.

The only workaround, apparently, was an extremely long and involved process involving going offline, deleting local saves, playing the game until you get a barn find, deleting your local save, going online, etc. A long process. But that was the best people had.

It was never fixed.

It appears part of the issue is that different parts of the restoration process for the car triggered progress. So for one car, finding it counted, for another, restoring it would.

Well you'd think Playground would have fixed this achievement, or just made it so the game would check if you had that car in your garage. But nope.

Okay well maybe it's just too hard to fix. Kind of unacceptable, but whatever. It's just too hard to fix.

So why on earth would they make the exact same achievement in the next game??

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...---Antique-Restorer-Achievement-Bugged.aspx?=

Like are you actually serious?

I have not played Forza Horizon 3 yet. I purchased it this summer, but was busy with Destiny 2. Currently playing through the 360 version of FH2, but as someone who has spent a lot of time playing these games to earn all the achievements (1500/1500 for FH1, 2000/2000 for FH2 on XB1), this puts a huge stress factor on this game, and doesn't really make me want to get FH4.

Like at all. Really not motivated to get the game at all. And I love these games...

The whole fun of these games for me is pursuing 100% completion stat, at least on the achievements. The fact that playground couldn't have just required you to get, idk. 7 of the cars, if they were that incompetent at coding an achievement, is just bizarre. If you can't fix it, why the heck are you putting it in the next game?

Ridiculous, Playground and Microsoft.

Oh also apparently support is closing tickets for this since it's a "known issue," but it is not listed under known issues and has not been addressed in plans for patches.

I feel pretty helpless here too. It's an achievement, so idk how I could really get a lot of people on board with the issue, so it'll probably just fade away. It's ridiculous and incompetent of them to leave it like this, but what can you do? Ugh.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not what you want to hear OP, but its just an achievement. It seems way healthier to me to not put so much weight into it.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
FH4's barn finds achievement is fine but has seasonal finds. Tracking works pretty well tho

Some people had issues because they would glitch the game or whatever to get the seasonal ones. But there are many people in that link and other forums reporting they did everything normally, without skipping seasons. They have 15 barn finds marked as complete in game, but the achievement counter on their xbox or PC does not count it. A LOT of people are stuck at 93%. Fewer but still many people are stuck at levels that are not appropriate to the amount of cars they have found. 3 cars but only 11% listed. Etc.

Also apparently some people are having their app and xbox report different numbers, commonly 80% on the xbox and 86% on the app. Some even had an update, and this got boosted to 93%. Of course the number of cars of people who have 93% seems to vary. Some have 14/15, appropriately, others have 15/15, and the update still has them at 93%. For most people, however, this has not seemed to work at all anyway.

And again, this issue existed in FH3, where there were no seasons, and was never resolved. I saw a thread saying 2 years later, it has never been updated or anything, meaning this isn't just a system level thing where the xbox is stubborn updating your achievements because of their over engineered mess of an achievement system. The game is just buggy. For a lot of people.

Given my next game in the series will be FH3, I'm pretty concerned. Forza Horizon is the only series I have 100%ed beyond 1000G that I know of.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not what you want to hear OP, but its just an achievement. It seems way healthier to me to not put so much weight into it.

I get it, but this honestly just stresses me out more. Like, in the end, sure, I can go on without it. I've gone on without 100%s and acheivements before. But it's frustrating. I say it's more stressful because, for that reason, idk how Microsoft is going to get pushed to fix it, and it'll just get ignored.

I wish the bugs in the game were more major and affected progression. Then they'd have to fix them, and probably would. But it's an achievement, and given they didn't fix FH3's achievement though, I don't have a lot of hope.

I just don't get why, if they couldn't be bothered to fix it last time, why they would just put the exact same achievement in the next game. Just blows my mind I guess.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people meant to have unlocked this yet? I thought this would pop next season when the Spring barn find appears.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I think you're overly obsessed with this and this is coming from someone who loves trophies. Judging by your responses this is not healthy for you.

I know it's cliched but it's just a fucking number that some developer arbitrarily put in. It's not worth having your health suffer because of it.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I have had zero problems yet but it sucks to hear that others are. I did have that problem in Forza Horizon 3 and it kind of drove me batty but I always assumed that it was just an issue of me playing the game solely on PC because Microsoft doesn't seem to really care all that much about their PC ports

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're overly obsessed with this and this is coming from someone who loves trophies. Judging by your responses this is not healthy for you.

I know it's cliched but it's just a fucking number that some developer arbitrarily put in. It's not worth having your health suffer because of it.

I know I'm come off that way with a lot of things, but honestly I'm fine. It just really bugs me. Have have some real OCD issues, but I control them fine. As I said before, I've had plenty of games I couldn't 100%, and I live just fine without them. I've decided to take that approach with Destiny 2 as well recently too.

I'm just really verbose. Apologies if I sounded panicky. I'm just a little ticked off since I had no idea bout this, and the sheer stupidity of the situation that could have been helped kinda gets to me. That's really what it comes down too. I think the smallness of the issue as well as the fix is part of what gets me. They had a pretty simple fix but decided to not do anything about it. Idk. It's a pet peeve of mine I guess.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I have had zero problems yet but it sucks to hear that others are. I did have that problem in Forza Horizon 3 and it kind of drove me batty but I always assumed that it was just an issue of me playing the game solely on PC because Microsoft doesn't seem to really care all that much about their PC ports

I'm worried about this too, since at the moment I don't have an xbox one anymore (I'm a lil poor). I plan on getting one in the future, but idk. Given there is a really long involved fix that involves an xbox one for FH3, I'll go ahead and play it and use that fix on a friends, or my own once I can get an X, if worst comes to worst. (Idk how you would do the fix on a PC).

But FH4...I'm not sure. Not a lot of people have mentioned if they are on PC or Xbox explicitly, although it is clear this is happening on Xbox.

At any rate, I was going to probably play FH3 pretty soon and then FH4 right after that to get with the live event stuff.

.....Now I think I'll not.

And man maybe I'll be totally fine. Who knows. I have horrible luck with this kind of thing, but hey maybe it'll work out. But this really sucks for those who it broke for :/

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I think in general that the amount of buggy achievements on the Xbox One is disappointing. I can't remember it happening ever on the 360 but I'm missing "unmissable" story cheevos after completing Arkham Knight and Darksiders 2 Deathinitive and Dandara and Darksiders 2 have achievements with absolutely zero completion rate and won't trigger even when people fulfil the conditions. Another recent one that broke for me was not being awarded for an SSS combo in DMC4 and I must have done it 20 times. I feel it has happened frequently.

Feels like MS must have made achievments harder for the developers, or maybe in some cases it depends on the connection to the servers. Either way, this is sadly not a rare thing. You'd think a highly rated first party game like Forza Horizon would have better quality control though, even if this didn't happen to me personally.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think in general that the amount of buggy achievements on the Xbox One is disappointing. I can't remember it happening ever on the 360 but I'm missing "unmissable" story cheevos after completing Arkham Knight and Darksiders 2 Deathinitive and Dandara and Darksiders 2 have achievements with absolutely zero completion rate and won't trigger even when people fulfil the conditions. Another recent one that broke for me was not being awarded for an SSS combo in DMC4 and I must have done it 20 times. I feel it has happened frequently.

Feels like MS must have made achievments harder for the developers, or maybe in some cases it depends on the connection to the servers. Either way, this is sadly not a rare thing. You'd think a highly rated first party game like Forza Horizon would have better quality control though, even if this didn't happen to me personally.

Yeah, it's a first party game. It's a big part of why I took a break attempting to get achievements on MCC.

I don't know what they did to change the way achievements were done, but it must be related to the whole windows store thing. Whoever they have designing this stuff needs to be fired. It's hopelessly over engineered from what I've read. Microsoft is a software company and they put this ridiculous bs in constantly.

I wish they'd get back to being more focused with things working, rather than cool crazy new features people really don't care about. It's a horrible philosophy.

I remember reading back when Destiny 1 came out on Xbox One, people wouldn't get achievements for days, because the game would have to contact the servers, then go back to the game, then like back to the servers, and then send it to your xbox account, or whatever in this way overextended game of telephone. And many achievements must have simply gotten lost because some people still didn't get the achievements they were earning. Read this a couple years ago.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
All these syncing issues and cloud issues and being online to play (initially) bit them in the ass even with achievements 5 years later. It's the way they built their infrastructure initially around the XB1's so called "vision". That's why they bug out.

Also every game worth 1000 kinda devalued the whole thing I've always thought. Even shittty small games had a meaninglessly huge 1000/1000 just to up people's score. Kinda defeated the purpose of going for more coveted achievements when someone else could just up their number with easier titles. It kinda made them fee less important than they were i thought. Not that they were worth much to begin with but felt more special last gen i thought. The glitching just makes it even worse and less likely to pursue them.

I mean I'm not saying trophies are much different but after having used both for over 10 years I much prefer them. Something better in collecting different valued trophies for challenging milestones in games versus just a large number tacked onto your profile which could seems like it could be from anything. I like the tier and level system way more.

Glad I moved back to Sony after 360. That's all I'll say. Reading this kinda thing years later with a gamerscore of 390k from Xbox 360 and just ditching that profile 4 years ago, I don't regret it one bit.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That wouldn't matter, as people are having it bug sometimes even only 3 cars in.

From the link:
That's true but the trackers are generally even bugger than the unlocks.

I'm not sure anyone can confirm there is a genuine problem until next week when everyone should have the achievement legitimately unlock.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
It's pretty bad that they've left a known bug like this in for so long. Since it's tied to their achivement system.

But well, at least it is just tied to an achivement, and not to the players ability to obtain all barn-finds.

As long as you know you've got them all, that's enough for me. But I definitely see how this must be annoying for those looking to score all gamerpoints.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
That's true but the trackers are generally even bugger than the unlocks.

I'm not sure anyone can confirm there is a genuine problem until next week when everyone should have the achievement legitimately unlock.

That doesn't address FH3. Though. And it's the exact symptoms. Forgive me if I don't have a lot of hope.

It's pretty bad that they've left a known bug like this in for so long. Since it's tied to their achivement system.

But well, at least it is just tied to an achivement, and not to the players ability to obtain all barn-finds.

As long as you know you've got them all, that's enough for me. But I definitely see how this must be annoying for those looking to score all gamerpoints.

See but I wish it was this way, because then this would raise all hell and they would have to fix it. I sincerely doubt they would ignore a bug that massive.

All these syncing issues and cloud issues and being online to play (initially) bit them in the ass even with achievements 5 years later. It's the way they built their infrastructure initially around the XB1's so called "vision". That's why they bug out.

Also every game worth 1000 kinda devalued the whole thing I've always thought. Even shittty small games had a meaninglessly huge 1000/1000 just to up people's score. Kinda defeated the purpose of going for more coveted achievements when someone else could just up their number with easier titles. It kinda made them fee less important than they were i thought. Not that they were worth much to begin with but felt more special last gen i thought. The glitching just makes it even worse and less likely to pursue them.

I mean I'm not saying trophies are much different but after having used both for over 10 years I much prefer them. Something better in collecting different valued trophies for challenging milestones in games versus just a large number tacked onto your profile which could seems like it could be from anything. I like the tier and level system way more.

Glad I moved back to Sony after 360. That's all I'll say. Reading this kinda thing years later with a gamerscore of 390k from Xbox 360 and just ditching that profile 4 years ago, I don't regret it one bit.

I definitely gotta agree, especially on the 1000/1000 thing. And I'm still baffled they don't really have a good way to display how many games you've "platinumed." And the "diamond" feature is...neat, but since it's never displayed anywhere...who cares. Microsoft's handling of xbox achievements this gen has almost made me lose interest in them. It sucks.

After having played a lot of playstation this year I gotta agree. I have like 31 completes on 360, and a bunch on xbox one. But PS4 I can show off those platinums and 100%s. The score is kind of lame though. I wish they had score like xbox.

Basically no achievement system right now really feels satisfying to me as a big fan of them right now. These ridiculous bugs lately don't help. At least trophies work for the most part.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
I get where you're coming from. If you're into achievements/trophies there really is nothing worse than glitched achievements. Especially if they are time consuming to complete.

It's actually surprising to me how many games have issues with achievements. I still have yet to play Mad Max, and that's mainly because of one major glitched trophy that you can only tell if it's glitched on you by the end of the game.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I get where you're coming from. If you're into achievements/trophies there really is nothing worse than glitched achievements. Especially if they are time consuming to complete.

It's actually surprising to me how many games have issues with achievements. I still have yet to play Mad Max, and that's mainly because of one major glitched trophy that you can only tell if it's glitched on you by the end of the game.
Glitchy achievements happen on Steam too? Or just consoles? They seem to happen much less on Sony I noticed compared to Xbox. But they still happen. Latest Tomb Raider has a collectible trophy that is glitched and if you've spent hours scouting for collectibles this can be highly annoying.

I think now that I've got a good pc I'm gonna spread my time with getting trophies and steam achievements. About 80%PSN and 20% Steam. I've decided only go for achievements on Steam with games that aren't available anywhere else.lnon games if really genuinely enjoy like Falcon PC only stuff.

I like going for trophies and achievements. Enjoy the metagame and the sense of accomplishment on challenging ones.

What bugs me is the lack of unity on pc games with achievements. My understanding on Steam is not every game has them? And if you're not playing on Steam platform then that same game won't have them. Then there's the whole MS Store thing where Xbox achievements will only unlock if you bought a MS game like Cuphead on their store. Too many combinations and fragmented ways so I'd rather stick to Steam.

I might play a few of those Xbox play anywhere games with my old 360 Profile on Xbox on pc too I guess. Certainly not paying for Live though. Don't really like MS anymore

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Like, in the end, sure, I can go on without it. I've gone on without 100%s and acheivements before. But it's frustrating.

I always find it fascinating to read achievement drama stories. Achievements are cool, but they shouldn't be that important to anyone. Still, sure, there should be no significant bugs in any game, and that includes achievement bugs. That's not the only achievement that's bugged, driving down all the roads unlocked for me while I still had two roads left (I eventually managed to find all of them), and I'm pretty sure that I did the drag strip in a hot hatch thing, but the achievement did not unlock.

Chettlar, don't forget to submit your feedback here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I might play a few of those Xbox play anywhere games with my old 360 Profile on Xbox on pc too I guess. Certainly not paying for Live though. Don't really like MS anymore

Yeah I went with Cuphead on PlayAnywhere for this reason. Used microsoft points to help pay for it too, which was a plus.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Totally unrelated but:

Go to Microsoft rewards with your xbox account. You can daily earn points. Just remember to do them every day. There are three super duper easy "tasks" every day averaging 30-60 points or so total. Then you just search using bing on a browser, a couple with Edge, and some on mobile.

The quick way I get my bing searches (lol) on PC is to search bing news, then just click all the sub categories there. It does make me actually use bing and read the stories sometimes though lol. Edge just always opens up to it now, and it's basically all I use Edge for.

For mobile, what I do is just pull up the bing app, type in 20 random characters, then just delete one character and then search, and then delete another character, and then search. This is time consuming the first time, but the next time you boot up the app, it will have you at the latest search you did yesterday, so I just go back back back back back.

That said this has made me start using bing for searching sometimes lol. The bastards. I just do the above methods because they ensure I get all my searches because I'm paranoid.

It's just a little thing I do every day, and it's allowed me to save a lot of money if I allow it to accumulate. Buy a small DLC I kinda want but don't want to spend money on. Help make FH3 more affordable since I'm not super well off financially atm. That kind of thing.

If you don't find yourself buying a lot of Microsoft things, you can still use points for other gift cards. It's just usually Microsoft credit is the most cost effective for your points. Also it's microsoft/xbox credit, if you do do that, so you can use it, after a couple months to pick up an xbox one controller if you so desire.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I'm worried about this too, since at the moment I don't have an xbox one anymore (I'm a lil poor). I plan on getting one in the future, but idk. Given there is a really long involved fix that involves an xbox one for FH3, I'll go ahead and play it and use that fix on a friends, or my own once I can get an X, if worst comes to worst. (Idk how you would do the fix on a PC).

But FH4...I'm not sure. Not a lot of people have mentioned if they are on PC or Xbox explicitly, although it is clear this is happening on Xbox.

At any rate, I was going to probably play FH3 pretty soon and then FH4 right after that to get with the live event stuff.

.....Now I think I'll not.

And man maybe I'll be totally fine. Who knows. I have horrible luck with this kind of thing, but hey maybe it'll work out. But this really sucks for those who it broke for :/

For what it is worth I have found that this game is actually more stable on my PC than it is on my Xbox One S.

Well I have not run into any bug that she men's or glitches on either platform, the Xbox One S version has crashed about 3 times now compared to only once on the PC version.

This is actually a drastic change from Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 7, both of which crashed repeatedly on PC until several troubleshooting methods were applied.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Whoever they have designing this stuff needs to be fired.

I think you should simmer down with this shit.

It's a shame there's a persistent fault with FH3, especially given it's status as a flagship series.

That said, it's an achievement that is only bugged for some people. In the wider scheme of a devs priorities it's pretty minor.

If you really dig achievements I can understand the frustration, but to allow the possibility of a bugged achievement (which is currenrly unconfirmed) affect your desire to play the most recent entry in a series you ostensibly enjoy seems way over the top. But you do you.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked mine, so far it is tracking correctly, 5/15, 33%. Post this on the games official forums, I am sure it can be fixed.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's awful that they have reintroduced the same bug without fixing it.

But OP if "the whole fun" of a game is getting 100% achievements then the pursuit of gs is getting in the way of just enjoying what you play.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I agree.

Like I get it's an issue and their Forza Rewards Program has also failed to track some things sometimes as well, but calling them incompetent over this is just going too far and devaluing everything else they have done.

Like, I've got it worse here. Forza Rewards started August 2013 and tracks everything you do in Forza, including Forza 2 Achievements...including the achievement for using the Auction House...

...they shut the Auction House down in March 2013, before people knew this Achievement would be needed.

So for many people who love using Forza Rewards, the most they can get is 14,990/15,000 because of the Achievement they cannot obtain no more.

But you just get on with life, maybe write about it a few times. Not call them incompetent over it. That's rude.

EDIT: They even managed to delist DLC and it not affect the Forza Rewards either:

One additional note regarding Forza Rewards: Based on player feedback we have removed Token- and DLC-based milestones in Forza Rewards going forward, instead choosing to focus on feats that reward time invested in the game. Related, we have decided to retroactively reward maximum reward points for DLC and Token-based reward feats for players who have played each title. For example, if you played Forza Horizon 2 the DLC/Tokens feat scores will be automatically be maxed out. This will go for all Forza games you have played.

But still nothing to retroactively give it out for Forza Motorsport 2.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's awful that they have reintroduced the same bug without fixing it.

But OP if "the whole fun" of a game is getting 100% achievements then the pursuit of gs is getting in the way of just enjoying what you play.

I need goals to pursue or I have a hard time enjoying things. This doesn't have to be achievements, but often is. I just don't operate that way. For a racing game, since I'm not the biggest car guy, there's not a lot of goals I could care about. I very, very, very rarely play a game with zero regard for any kind of goal. I just don't enjoy that.

I am not going to throw myself from a bridge if this isn't fixed, but I'd rather not attempt something only to find that the goal is inobtainable either. It's a really awful feeling. And little easy fixes and are bullheadedly consciously thrown aside just happen to be like, one of my biggest pet peeves. Specific I know.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

It's a shame there's a persistent fault with FH3, especially given it's status as a flagship series.

That said, it's an achievement that is only bugged for some people. In the wider scheme of a devs priorities it's pretty minor.

If you really dig achievements I can understand the frustration, but to allow the possibility of a bugged achievement (which is currenrly unconfirmed) affect your desire to play the most recent entry in a series you ostensibly enjoy seems way over the top. But you do you.

I am not saying people should be fired because an achievement was messed up.

It's more that Microsoft has been pursuing a really shoddy philosophy in regards to software recently, and I don't believe those people should be running things because theyve made it clear they don't intend on fixing things. Instead it seems clear they are keen on forging on making new features, leaving thousands of unlucky customers with no solutions to problems with basic functionality.

Achievements have been broken since 2013. Windows store has been broken forever. Windows 10 has had severe issues never resolved for it's entire lifetime to an unusual degree. Every update breaks something for tens of thousands of people that may or may not get resolved for one person or the other. I should not have to use my software with this fear. That is ridiculous for a company of that size and legacy and speciality.

There's a point where, personally, I feel this stuff ought to catch up with you. Every single one of these problems has persisted for years upon years with mere bandaid fixes that leave thousands without solutions. It's unacceptable for a company this size. Many, many other companies handle store fronts and achievements and purchasing and syncing etc. just fine. If you continue for years to do nothing about problems like these, then I'm sorry but you should probably not be the one running these things at let someone more capable do so, and the systems involved need to be overhauled by someone else. I am not suggesting harm or total unemployment to these people. But it is irresponsible for Microsoft to ignore these issues. It tarnishes their brand severely.

But this was an entirely separate topic and has nothing to do with FH3 and 4 achievements.

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Just to be clear, you are fretting about all this and haven't actually experienced the bug yourself yet? Just the possibility of experiencing it is wigging you out?

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, you are fretting about all this and haven't actually experienced the bug yourself yet? Just the possibility of experiencing it is wigging you out?

Is it so impossible that I'm also annoyed for those experiencing it and want to raise awareness, as well as provide the perspective of someone like me who's interest is dampened by viewing this silly incompetence and poor decision making by the developer?

Like, an issue doesn't have to directly affect me for me to be annoyed by it. Come on now.

Oct 28, 2017
Getting all the achievements is part of enjoying a game to its fullest. As someone who's played FH4 to completion, getting all the cheevo's is the only thing left appose to just racing online (I could say that just about every other video game over the past 15 years). Also in this instance those achievements are tied to progression, like the cars in barns. So to people saying the OP isn't truly enjoying the game because he's letting achievements get in the way are just being ignorant and snobs. Like it or not, its an important part of playing video games to its fullest and having bugged ones that developers don't acknowledge can a real bummer for people like me with OCD. Its especially annoying when its a game that is only under one service for achievements (XBOX LIVE), you'd think they would have tested them all. For me personally its not the barn finds, its the "Seasonal PR Stunt" achievement that is bugged and appears to be for allot of players.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I for one am glad they made it easier to get the achievement for discovering all the roads. Mine unlocked at 529/531. I have found the 530th road since then, but still not the last one. In some cases only a tiny portion of the dirt road may be missing and also the winter map doesn't make it easy to look for missing roads.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I feel your pain. We really need to be able to report and give feedback on achievements/trophies. Such a brilliant idea in that achievement/trophy idea thread.

The way it is now, it's literally impossible to get help from a developer, because they don't read their forums or support tickets, when it comes to this stuff and it's really sad.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Like I get it's an issue and their Forza Rewards Program has also failed to track some things sometimes as well, but calling them incompetent over this is just going too far and devaluing everything else they have done.

Like, I've got it worse here. Forza Rewards started August 2013 and tracks everything you do in Forza, including Forza 2 Achievements...including the achievement for using the Auction House...

...they shut the Auction House down in March 2013, before people knew this Achievement would be needed.

So for many people who love using Forza Rewards, the most they can get is 14,990/15,000 because of the Achievement they cannot obtain no more.

But you just get on with life, maybe write about it a few times. Not call them incompetent over it. That's rude.

EDIT: They even managed to delist DLC and it not affect the Forza Rewards either:

But still nothing to retroactively give it out for Forza Motorsport 2.
I am collecting the rewards forever now, and I am also missing the Auction House achievement. Other than that I almost have 100% on most games and it is also part of my enjoyment, call it personal achievement.

The FH4 Barn Find achievement is bugged for me as well and I am actually kind of pissed, I don't feel like playing the whole game again because PG isn't getting their shit together.

I will monitor the situation and I really really hope they gonna fix this.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
FH3 has a stuttering issue in free roam. FH4 has the same thing, even worse sometimes when connected to Horizon Life. They've been ignoring the issue. Multiple reports filed, posts on the forum by tone of people, yet it's not even listed as a "known issue". Great developer, and great games, but absolutely shameful post launch support.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel your pain. We really need to be able to report and give feedback on achievements/trophies. Such a brilliant idea in that achievement/trophy idea thread.

The way it is now, it's literally impossible to get help from a developer, because they don't read their forums or support tickets, when it comes to this stuff and it's really sad.
It's Playground's fault for not caring, most devs react to normal e-mails or (even better) to comments about bugs & problems left on social media sites.

Nov 1, 2017
I understand your OP. As much as I like to disconnect myself from Achievements/Trophies, it would drive me up the wall if something prevented me from attaining a legit 100%.

In one instance, I just need a single trophy to Platinum WipEout Omega Collection. The issue? It's online-only, for a mode no one plays (combat mode). At least I can sit knowing that it's still technically attainable though. :/

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think the real issue is that there were these same problems in Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7, these have not been fixed or some of them were but they have shown up again like the Forzathon events not keeping track of the players progress.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's not an ERA thread if you don't have the OP saying someone should be fired over an achievement bug.

Apparently I'm ignorant and/or a snob for saying this.

I literally did not fucking say that at all, and clarified it in my last post. That was a separate topic someone else brought up about Microsoft's abysmal achievement system.

The horrible buggy achievement system is definitely a factor here, but my main problem with the achievement is with the person at Playground who decided to put in the same buggy achievement when they couldn't be arsed to fix it the first time, or at least change the requirement to be fewer barn finds for it to unlock to give some players experiencing the bug, some grace. I have not suggested anyone at Playground get fired over this single achievement. Instead, I hope they patch the achievement, and then do not repeat it for Forza Horizon 5. I think that is pretty reasonable.

So yes, you are ignorant.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am glad they made it easier to get the achievement for discovering all the roads. Mine unlocked at 529/531. I have found the 530th road since then, but still not the last one. In some cases only a tiny portion of the dirt road may be missing and also the winter map doesn't make it easy to look for missing roads.

This, if intentional, I will give them unrelenting praise for. Great change.