• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Just how?????
sixdq937e9n11.jpg

Fantastic shot.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Come Reign, Come Shine.

That's good.

My entries.
  • Too much of a good Spring.
  • Seasons to race your Autumnobile
  • A Season for every Autumnobile
  • For all the right Seasons
  • You don't want to miss a Spring
  • The Winter takes it all
  • See you on the Summer side
  • The Spring you love most

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to playing this, but after the intro stuff, there is no sound in the actual race

I'm on PC and get that too. Lots of people on the Forza forums have mentioned it.

I tried the fixes such as checking the sound enhancements in the windows 10 sound properties but it didn't work. I get some cut scene audio, no gameplay audio.

I will have to check this is fixed before I buy this game.

I had this when my PC audio settings were set to 7.1 but after switching to stereo I got car and music audio back.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Well, since the new Nvidia GPUs turned out to be a bit whatever, did anyone post 4k high/ultra/extreme benchmarks for a 1080ti? I'll be looking for one of those in the coming weeks. Since the benchmarks are all pics it's unfortunately kind of hard to search for them.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 |OT| - The Weather is Fine

Forza Horizon 4 |OT| - The Four Seasons

Forza Horizon 4 |OT| - There is a Season for Everyone

Forza Horizon 4 |OT| - The Real Seasonal Driving Simulator

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I had this when my PC audio settings were set to 7.1 but after switching to stereo I got car and music audio back.

Mine was already on Stereo but I managed to get the gameplay audio to work by checking those audio enhancement boxes in W10 settings and restarting.

Don't know any other game that requires that. This is the fix the devs tweeted out although restarting was needed.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Well, since the new Nvidia GPUs turned out to be a bit whatever, did anyone post 4k high/ultra/extreme benchmarks for a 1080ti? I'll be looking for one of those in the coming weeks. Since the benchmarks are all pics it's unfortunately kind of hard to search for them.

You can play on 4k extreme and ultra everything but I had to use 2xmsaa for 60fps. If you want higher fps than 60fps you need higher than an i5 as mine is struggling in comparison to the peoples machines that are using an I7 as theirs were showing much higher so the game uses threads really well.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
You can play on 4k extreme and ultra everything but I had to use 2xmsaa for 60fps. If you want higher fps than 60fps you need higher than an i5 as mine is struggling in comparison to the peoples machines that are using an I7 as theirs were showing much higher so the game uses threads really well.

Ooh, sounds good! I have a i7-6700k so it certainly sounds like I should play this on my 4k TV.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
mfaa doesnt work under dx12 AFAIK. you can enable transparency supersampling tho. that works great. perf hit can be stiff depending on just how much foliage tho

Oh alright I had no idea if that's the case, I completely forgot about MFAA until someone mentioned it in this thread. I tried MFAA out and it seemed to work in FH4, I had the feeling the wing of the Senna was way less aliased than normally with 4xMSAA @ 1080p but that might have been placebo.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh alright I had no idea if that's the case, I completely forgot about MFAA until someone mentioned it in this thread. I tried MFAA out and it seemed to work in FH4, I had the feeling the wing of the Senna was way less aliased than normally with 4xMSAA @ 1080p but that might have been placebo.

i tested it quite a bit in FH3 and i couldnt see any visual difference and performance was identical. i tested it quickly in FH4 and perf was identical and aliasing didnt seem lessened.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
i tested it quite a bit in FH3 and i couldnt see any visual difference and performance was identical. i tested it quickly in FH4 and perf was identical and aliasing didnt seem lessened.

Didn't know this game supported MFAA. Any artefacts caused by using it and any image quality improvements? I think I used it on FH3 but looked the same.

Seems like I just had a placebo effect then, I'll try again this evening but I would go with what the others say and seemingly it doesn't have any effect then, sorry about that.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
It's really sad seeing all of the achievements for the full game pop up in my feed (from reviewers and influencers)

28th can't come soon enough.

Oct 26, 2017
On Xbox One X:

What are the differences between performance and quality? Graphically speaking , I mean

Played performance last night and I think it will be my go to mode . Going to be a hard decision

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
On Xbox One X:

What are the differences between performance and quality? Graphically speaking , I mean

Played performance last night and I think it will be my go to mode . Going to be a hard decision

Digital Foundry did a nice video on it,

Seems to be very much a preference thing. I have always played Horizon games at 30fps so I am gonna go for the full 4k experience on the X for now. The demo looked amazing in quality mode and ran very smooth.

Oct 26, 2017
Digital Foundry did a nice video on it,

Seems to be very much a preference thing. I have always played Horizon games at 30fps so I am gonna go for the full 4k experience on the X for now. The demo looked amazing in quality mode and ran very smooth.

Thanks for the link!

Agree about the 30. Have hundreds of hours logged into 2 and haven't lost sleep over FPS there and this is a series where the scenery is just as important as the cars