• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Vivaldi - Four Seasons haha

-YqziNokvxrlMP2dDMLcFk6clbiFpafxuslM6ABhtGc.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/97j1j9/horizon_4_soundtrack_leaked/

Someone made a Spotify list of most songs.

https://open.spotify.com/user/jlfgaming/playlist/5PkNSRODWEvFIp4u8mHZXH?si=e65uCh8-TCSsRjQecudzXQ

The Killers - Run for Cover is great for me. One of my favorite songs. Will be great to drive with it.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I've loved all the Horizon games, but the soundtracks are always the weakest part (outside of some decent tracks in the first game). Wish they were more varied. Also assume the need for an E rating holds it back to an extent. Wish they'd add Spotify integration the way 3 had with Groove.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Pretty weak list, really hope they have some way of adding your own music like you could in FH3 with Groove, that feature was amazing.

R27

Oct 27, 2017
Are they trying to beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider as the most leaked game?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That's a good list.

I've always adored the FIFA games for their playlists which includes more 'indie' musicians. Hope Forza will do the same, first list looks good but a little AAA to me.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I spy a few Odesza songs.

Looks good so far to me.

I've loved all the Horizon games, but the soundtracks are always the weakest part (outside of some decent tracks in the first game). Wish they were more varied. Also assume the need for an E rating holds it back to an extent. Wish they'd add Spotify integration the way 3 had with Groove.

Huh, on the contrary I think the Horizon games have some of the best soundtracks in gaming.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, on the contrary I think the Horizon games have some of the best soundtracks in gaming.
Obviously going to be subjective and based on musical taste. For how important music is to driving/driving games though, the soundtracks always seem super limited and ignoring large segments of their player base and what they'd like to listen to while playing.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Obviously going to be subjective and based on musical taste. For how important music is to driving/driving games though, the soundtracks always seem super limited and ignoring large segments of their player base and what they'd like to listen to while playing.

What would you like to see?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Awesome selection.

I see my potential GotG incoming. Will be a tough battle between Rainbow Six: Siege, Halo Wars 2, Spider-Man and Forza Horizon 4.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Because Groove died.

No Spotify integration? ;(

No, which is a god damn shame.

Sure you could just play it in the background, but it's also a shame that Spotify isn't as brillant implemented on Xbox as it is on PS4.
On PS4 background music and music in general , only, gets automatically muted and replaced with the song from Spotify when you play it, it feels like the songs are in the game itself, just great, on Xbox, this doesn't happen, it's just playing over everything and when I remember it correctly, you even can't control the audio volume via mobile app, for some odd reason, cause you can when connected to PS4, but when connected to Xbox, the volume bar just disappears in the app. :/

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Why would they take the feature away where you can add your own music? That was great.

I quite like the soundtrack in the OT post, but I too am one of those that never thought much of the soundtrack outside of the very first Horizon game, which is incidentally still my favourite one after the series started to go 'playground-ish' from Forza Horizon 3 onwards...

There's a rather glaring lack of music genres as well.

Unless Playground Games eventually implement something, the lack of custom songs or Spotify integration is going to dock the game down a notch/point for me.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
What would you like to see?
More/better hip hop and rock selection, classic rock, metal, synthwave, jazz, basically anything.

If the excuse is that they want it to fit their festival vibe, that kinda goes out the window considering the classical station. See no reason not to include more genres.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
More/better hip hop and rock selection, classic rock, metal, synthwave, jazz, basically anything.

If the excuse is that they want it to fit their festival vibe, that kinda goes out the window considering the classical station. See no reason not to include more genres.
Classical music is a reference to the development studios history.

PGR used classical music also and many Devs from Bizarre went to Playground.

Still, as long as you can put your own playlists in, meh!

Edit: Wait that's gone? Not meh, that's annoying!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they confirmed it as one of the first things that there won't be a Groove alternative, I think right after E3.

And Groove itself is dead and already deactivated in FH3.

Hopefully they'll support Spotify or anything they have app integration for, but my expectations are low.

evanswolves

Oct 27, 2017
Really? That's interesting, would like to test that, any special folder the music has to go into?
Just stick it in your Music folder on there (or make one if you dont have one)
If they took out the paid sub thing for Groove then fair enough, but not to be able to use your One Drive music is just weird

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The first game had the best soundtrack. Even as a guy who desperately wants some metal in the game, I really enjoyed the variety.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yes, they confirmed it as one of the first things that there won't be a Groove alternative, I think right after E3.

And Groove itself is dead and already deactivated in FH3.

No way... Being able to play music of my choice was amazing in Forza Horizon 3, I'm gutted if this is the case. I hardly touched any other radio station after I unlocked the Groove station.

On PC they could have way of playing songs that you have on your drive, to name a few examples:
Rockstar does for all GTA games since GTA 3, and Maxis does this for the Sims games, Metal Gear Solid V also does this.

Groove still works with songs you've uploaded to your OneDrive storage, I use it all the time.

Oct 27, 2017
Really? That's interesting, would like to test that, any special folder the music has to go into?

If I recall correctly, you have to put it in a playlist (I think you might have to do that in the Groove app itself), and select that in the game's options menu. It's a bit fiddly and unintuitive, but it does still work, as I was playing Horizon 3 a few weeks ago with the custom songs I'd set up a while back.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
I know Queen of the Stone age and Beethoven. That's all I know from that list. Obviously you can't please everyone.

Oct 26, 2017
I only listen to classical music in Horizon games so thus far, none of this does anything for me with the exception of M83's Kim and Jesse

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad Hospital now seems to be a series staple, would love to see Anjuna Deep, Bedrock, Defected or V Recordings at some point too.
Kendrick Lamaar, Sza, Octave One and QotSA, so it looks like I'll be enjoying this one (not that I haven't enjoyed the previous soundtracks).