• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This was by far the highlight of the conference for me.

Seeing that they put the modular buildings in is just... so good. I'm so glad I got the Ultimate Edition now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing. It's Hot Wheels expansion but with a toy that isn't totally lame.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks so damn good. I thought I was gonna play the 20 or so new games on the Pass next week, guess not.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Need to know more about map, cars and buildings. Looks like there's some degree of customisation, like adding buildings to the map?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I totally see the appeal and the overall fun nature of this expansion, but man... they managed to disappoint me in a lot of ways with Forza Horizon 4 after putting 100+ hrs into Forza Horizon 3.

Will hold a bit more judgment for when we see actual gameplay in a few days.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I was skeptical about the Hot Wheels expansion, and I ended up loving it. LEGO wouldn't have been my first choice, but I am optimistic - Playground has a track record of knocking this stuff out of the park.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
InsistentOrderlyDairycow-size_restricted.gif

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is a dream. I can't wait till next week.

It's getting lots of flak from Forza gamers apparently. Pretty narrowminded if you ask me. Hot wheels was also great.

Where have you seen this? I honestly can't believe it considering the Hot Wheels expansion from Horizon 3 was so universally loved.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
As long as the map is interesting like the hot wheels one, I'd be in for a fun diversion
it's big DLC 2, so included with it.
Perfect, that is what I thought but thank you for the confirmation. As I said I was all in regardless, just means I am now all in with no additional expense incurred, which is always preferred. It's been awhile since I played as well.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was amazed the crowd moved in the frame skip lego way or did I imagine that.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped for this. I absolutely loved the Hot Wheels expansions and this looks to be just as good if not better.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The Hot Wheels expansion and this one are so much more fun than Snow Area™ or Desert Area™ or whatever it is that DLC for games like this usually are.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy I bought the Ultimate Edition. This really has been one of the best games of the generation.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Looks good. Fortune Island was terrible though if it was meant to be the equivalent of Blizzard Mountain.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That terrible feeling when you realize you completely wasted your money on a truly awful season pass

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why you never buy content sight unseen LOL.

Not for me AT ALL, but I get that some people will love it.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is cool and all, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.
I LOVE the Hot Wheels expansion and still play it now and then! They really captured the toy series' aesthetic and translated it into a great expansion. It was a little "out there" for Forza but ended up being probably the most fun of any Forza expansion so far.

Lego, however, is a series better known for building things, not racing cars or tracks. It's everything.
I get that there are Lego cars, I grew up with Lego City playsets, but this mostly looks like Lego versions of real cars racing on a (mostly) real road with Lego locations here and there (which I assume are not fully destructible, I only saw them knocking over trees and fences as you can normally in the current game). I only watched the trailer on my phone so far though.

I don't know, I'll have to wait and see. The expansion pass is paid for already anyway.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Have they explained how this works in the world? Obviously, you can drive LEGO cars in the Forza world but at some point they show a lego world? Have they converted the map in to LEGO?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Have they explained how this works in the world? Obviously, you can drive LEGO cars in the Forza world but at some point they show a lego world? Have they converted the map in to LEGO?

Like the other Expansions it's a completely separated map with all of the content gated off from the rest of the game. Looks like the Lego map is going to be a mixture of realistic materials and Lego-made objects (like in most other Lego games), with many of those Lego-made objects being actual sets modelled in-game. For example this screenshot shows a bunch of the Creator Expert Modular Buildings in the background:

D8qNgoVW4AA7ivf.jpg

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the official forums are a hive of vitriol

This has gone way to far. A d it's time to clearly send them a message that this can't going on. Take every legal option (without attacking, offend etc the PR person's, dev's etc) to force them to a real response to that and the release of a complete roadmap what's left to come.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I mean what else could they do? They're not going to add massive game-changing features until Horizon 5 so I don't know what you could have been expecting?
The hotweels expansion added a new map with elements not in the main game, like loops, half-pipes, boostpads and other stuff. This just doesn't look like it changes as much as that did and that one was already pretty controversial at the time. This just seems like a lamer version of that, and I say that as someone who is a fan of Lego. They really just shouldn't include these Lego/Hotweels/whatever expansions in the expansion pass.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I mean what else could they do? They're not going to add massive game-changing features until Horizon 5 so I don't know what you could have been expecting?

Still looking for them to make some real upgrades to the weather system, think we'll have to wait for FH5 for that. For how much they frothed about "seasons" pre release the weather effects are very underwhelming.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
I love Lego, but I'm not feeling this expansion, I would have preferred an expansion to the main landmass. Treasure island should have been on the other side of those two bridges that go nowhere.

I'll give it a try since I own the Ultimate Edition, but for the future I'll know not to buy any more ultimate editions of FH games.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It seems fun enough from the trailer, but I Hot Wheels was definitely the more interesting expansion.

Still, I'll give it a crack and hope it has some fun.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched the first expansion, so I'm going to be busy this week catching up. It just looks like a lot of dumb fun. LEGO is great.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If MS and PG wants to pursue these Forza spinoffs they should do it separately instead of trying to shoehorn them into main Forza Horizon games. This should have been a separate stand-alone game for $30-40 and no one would mind that, there wouldn't be any of the "backlash" (aka frustrated fans just voicing their legitimate opinions).

I can totally understand Forza fans not liking this, and people making "no fun allowed" posts here are acting like children. If you don't have fun playing FH and you need expansions like Hot Wheels or Lego to have fun with FH then maybe these games aren't for you. Why should long time fans be punished for supporting Forza all these years and buying Ultimate Editions with completely random expansions like these.

This will be instant meme in Forza community for years to come, that's for sure. This is PG's "don't you guys have phones?" moment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand a lego expansion here.

The hot wheels was great. But LEGO world and LEGO cars?