• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
InsistentOrderlyDairycow-size_restricted.gif

Come on, this looks fucking awesome!

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I'm new to FH4 and Forza in general but I think this looks really good, and I'm definitely excited.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Some of you fuddy duddies are showing your ass. Horizon has never been serious and after Hot Wheels I don't know what else you would have expected.

I think the edgiest post I've ever seen in my life was "At least I'll be at a metal festival when this trash comes out".

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If MS and PG wants to pursue these Forza spinoffs they should do it separately instead of trying to shoehorn them into main Forza Horizon games. This should have been a separate stand-alone game for $30-40 and no one would mind that, there wouldn't be any of the "backlash" (aka frustrated fans just voicing their legitimate opinions).

I can totally understand Forza fans not liking this, and people making "no fun allowed" posts here are acting like children. If you don't have fun playing FH and you need expansions like Hot Wheels or Lego to have fun with FH then maybe these games aren't for you. Why should long time fans be punished for supporting Forza all these years and buying Ultimate Editions with completely random expansions like these.

This will be instant meme in Forza community for years to come, that's for sure. This is PG's "don't you guys have phones?" moment.
That's the most ridiculous thing I read in the past 30 days or so. The hyperbole is strong with this one.

The "Forza Community", lol. What about the average gamer who just wants to have fun and has no clue about niche Internet communities yelling at clouds? Come on dude. Overall response is very positive and as a season pass owner I'm pretty excited for it. Also, it has a fucking big appeal for parents who might be on the fence about subscribing to Game Pass and have kids claiming for more LEGO content.

Your post sounds like you take the Horizon series too seriously. You're complaining about "random expansions" in a game where you race against hovercrafts and fighter jets. Come on now.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
How does DLC work with game pass? Can I buy the DLC but not the game?

Just started playing FH4 again on my One S, after accepting the fact that the game runs like garbage on my more than capable PC for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing to me, and is exactly the kind of expansion that I love.

Quite frankly, anyone who is angry about this is the kind of no-fun person that I don't want to even interact with.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
How does DLC work with game pass? Can I buy the DLC but not the game?

Just started playing FH4 again on my One S, after accepting the fact that the game runs like garbage on my more than capable PC for some reason.

Yes, you can buy the DLC without owning the game. You get a discount with Game Pass too.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the most ridiculous thing I read in the past 30 days or so. The hyperbole is strong with this one.

The "Forza Community", lol. What about the average gamer who just wants to have fun and has no clue about niche Internet communities yelling at clouds? Come on dude. Overall response is very positive and as a season pass owner I'm pretty excited for it. Also, it has a fucking big appeal for parents who might be on the fence about subscribing to Game Pass and have kids claiming for more LEGO content.

Your post sounds like you take the Horizon series too seriously. You're complaining about "random expansions" in a game where you race against hovercrafts and fighter jets. Come on now.
I'm Ultimate Edition owner and please outline where exactly my post was hyperbolic or ridiculous or unreasonable in any way? If anything, your reaction to my post is needlessly hyperbolic.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
If MS and PG wants to pursue these Forza spinoffs they should do it separately instead of trying to shoehorn them into main Forza Horizon games. This should have been a separate stand-alone game for $30-40 and no one would mind that, there wouldn't be any of the "backlash" (aka frustrated fans just voicing their legitimate opinions).

I can totally understand Forza fans not liking this, and people making "no fun allowed" posts here are acting like children. If you don't have fun playing FH and you need expansions like Hot Wheels or Lego to have fun with FH then maybe these games aren't for you. Why should long time fans be punished for supporting Forza all these years and buying Ultimate Editions with completely random expansions like these.

This will be instant meme in Forza community for years to come, that's for sure. This is PG's "don't you guys have phones?" moment.

Maybe don't buy ultimate editions then...? Like, the Hot Wheels expansion was hugely successful, there is nothing surprising about them doing something similiar again. And if the "Hardcore Forza Community" had its way then we'd be driving down Fujimi Kaido in toyotas until the heat death of the universe. No thanks, I'll take PG experimenting a bit with the expansions. Also, comparing this to the Diablo Immortal meltdown is uncalled for.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe don't buy ultimate editions then...? Like, the Hot Wheels expansion was hugely successful, there is nothing surprising about them doing something similiar again. And if the "Hardcore Forza Community" had its way then we'd be driving down Fujimi Kaido in toyotas until the heat death of the universe. No thanks, I'll take PG experimenting a bit with the expansions. Also, comparing this to the Diablo Immortal meltdown is uncalled for.
Hey there, Fujimi Kaido was awesome. Sad that it's absent from newer FM games.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm Ultimate Edition owner and please outline where exactly my post was hyperbolic or ridiculous or unreasonable in any way? If anything, your reaction to my post is needlessly hyperbolic.

I've put something like 100 hours into the Ultimate Edition and I can't wait for this expansion, so maybe try not acting like your opinion reflects that of the entire "community", eh?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I just saw the b-roll, and it looks so amazing! It's almost like a new game on the same engine. The only problem is it launches exactly on the day when I'm going away for a couple of weeks. To think that in just one year's time those problems might become a thing of the past.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe

Oh please. Did you actually type this poe-faced guff with a serious face, wearing your big-boy racing gloves?

What's particularly funny about your post is that everything you said I heard from "the Forza community" when Forza Horizon was unveiled. The pearl clutching shrieks of "serious" Forza Motorsport fans at the very idea of messing around in cars in Forza Horizon. Yet here is the "Forza community" now claiming Horizon is something to be protected. Constant gatekeeping bullshit.

It's given me a laugh anyway. I own every Forza release, Horizon and Motorsport. I'm not a racing driver. I just play games. You should try it.

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really digging it, but I still need to finish Horizon 3 and the Hot Wheels DLC. The Horizon series really has some of the best DLCs out there. Kinda makes me wish for a LEGO Racers 3, though...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look quite as interesting to me as the Hot Wheels one but goddamn i'm always on board for these dumb toy based DLCs.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh please. Did you actually type this poe-faced guff with a serious face, wearing your big-boy racing gloves?

What's particularly funny about your post is that everything you said I heard from "the Forza community" when Forza Horizon was unveiled. The pearl clutching shrieks of "serious" Forza Motorsport fans at the very idea of messing around in cars in Forza Horizon. Yet here is the "Forza community" now claiming Horizon is something to be protected. Constant gatekeeping bullshit.

It's given me a laugh anyway. I own every Forza release, Horizon and Motorsport. I'm not a racing driver. I just play games. You should try it.
Do you actually have any arguments there or just name calling and insults? Different people have different opinions. Step out of ERA bubble once in a while, reception for this new DLC isn't as positive on Youtube and Forza forums as it is here. Oh but I forgot, Youtube doesn't mean anything and game fans are always toxic, is that about right?

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I love this. Horizon is a game I enjoy with my 7 year old son, and he will be PUMPED for Lego Horizon.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

Ridiculous nonsense. Horizon isn't Motorsport. The first fucking game had you racing helicopters and jets (a completely ridiculous premise). As well as the Playground Games.

Just stick to Motorsport.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017

You should have started with "Playground Games just shot themselves in the foot".

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018

I'm sorry, who are you to decide who this game is and isnt for. Lol nobody's being punished. People shouldnt have bought the pass when they didnt know what was in it, especially when Hot Wheels already happened.
The Forza community is the one acting like children here.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you actually have any arguments there or just name calling and insults? Different people have different opinions. Step out of ERA bubble once in a while, reception for this new DLC isn't as positive on Youtube and Forza forums as it is here. Oh but I forgot, Youtube doesn't mean anything and game fans are always toxic, is that about right?

You're talking about a game that races wacky things like giant hovercrafts. The Hot Wheels expansion was also very cool and very well recieved. You;re being too serious, Serious Sam.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the lego games looked half as good as this. They just dont have lighting any where as good. This is the best looking lego game easily.