• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
IIegonq.png

JUjIyzF.png

Q1NnKpc.png

djHlN7w.png

fQytEW2.png

Playgod Games <3

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I have one issue with Forza horizon 4 that hopefully someone can clear up for me. I want to love the game but since you can end up last place in every race and still unlock everything relatively easily, the game lacks a sense of progression and challenge. I love the world, the driving mechanics,the graphics everything feels so polished but I can't find the purpose of doing all these races

The purpose is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Set the challenge to what you enjoy. It's not a looter shooter, if you don't enjoy the driving then it's not for you.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I have one issue with Forza horizon 4 that hopefully someone can clear up for me. I want to love the game but since you can end up last place in every race and still unlock everything relatively easily, the game lacks a sense of progression and challenge. I love the world, the driving mechanics,the graphics everything feels so polished but I can't find the purpose of doing all these races
Think of it more as an open world driving game rather than a racing game.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing expansion! I am not that much into racing but as part of Game Pass I play FH4 from time to time, but now bought this DLC and having a blast! And the level of details, even if they are "just bricks" is crazy.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I played this for 3 hours straight with a smiley on my face. The intro is so joyful.

(Then I spent an hour trying to break records on the race track :') )

Aug 17, 2018
Would like to play it because forza horizon 4 is amazing, but they recently censored a lot of music post launch without the ability to disable it, so they wont get any cent from me until they fix this. It annoys me so much to hear this censored music that I have no plans of playing this game at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand why some people are disappointed by this being the theme for a DLC pack.
As long as they are being reasonable in their disappointment they should be heard.

Developers should disclose the contents of season passes before roping people into buying.
While there is a level of buyer beware, there's no reason for people to get overly defensive either. The "fool me once" Horizon 3 talk isn't realistic. A lot of people only bought an Xbox in the last 2 and a half years since that game came out and not everyone knows everything about the series they play.

I love the idea of the LEGO expansion. I've got it installed and ready to play. But I can understand why it's a different proposition when compared to the Fortune island DLC.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Howd you start the DLC as don't see an option when on pc version of it (have downloaded it but not appearing in game for me.

Nevermind just wasn't detecting it but has now

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I was just starting up the game after a while and you guys weren't kidding about the music censoring thing.

They didn't even censor anything offensive but just some random words here and there. This has to be a mistake, right?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
you can actually see the serial number on the bricks, goddamn.

translucency effects look amazing.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wonder what kind of deal MS cut with WB Games and TT for this.

It's silly but I do like it all the same.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
It's absolutely insane how good FH4 looks, especially on a PC with 5K and 8xMSAA and everything maxed out. The fidelity is just next level. Sometimes I just stop and can't possibly figure out how incredible next gen Forza games will look. This expansion is also right up there with Blizzard Mountain for me as the best expansion in a Forza game. I'm absolutely loving this. But I have a question about the Lego stubs... as in, is the game using POM for that effect, or is each stub fully rendered in geometry? Because if not, it absolutely looks convincing.. and if so.. that's a ton of polygons right there alone.

Simply incredible looking.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just starting up the game after a while and you guys weren't kidding about the music censoring thing.

They didn't even censor anything offensive but just some random words here and there. This has to be a mistake, right?

They literally censored the line "All you want is to play at playing God" in Never Say Die by CHVRCHES removing the word God.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not even the worst one. They censored the word "high" in Fake it till you make it, which is like half the refrain. The song is basically ruined.

I guess the LEGO license forced them to censor the songs but it would have been better if they removed the ones with any questionable lyrics and brought some new songs into the rotation instead. I'm afraid to check out the rock/metal radio now.

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Welp, I finishef the Goliath and did most things but now Im officialy done with FH4. Dont care about the yacht. Didnt expect much of the dlc but felt underwhelmed nonetheless .They couldve done much more with the Lego license. Why not build your own cars/house and avatar. Maybe they wrent allowed to or couldnt because of time constraint, who knows but it felt really lacklustre.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sooo into this expansion. I keep trying to find excuses to play it when I'm in the middle of other stuff. Just got my
McLaren
and there's no signs of stopping yet.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
When I see something like this, I almost have a hard time imagining what Playground will pull off with next generation hardware. The visuals are just phenomenal (and it plays wonderfully in that "somewhat simmy arcade" category).

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy how they implemented weather and daytime features as actual gameplay elements related to progression - but I'll stop here because I don't want to spoil it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Hey all, if any of you are creating videos featuring the LEGO expansion then check this out. We are on the lookout for great content for our next Forza Monthly show so get involved if you can!

ZfR6vN2.jpg

Welp, I finishef the Goliath and did most things but now Im officialy done with FH4. Dont care about the yacht. Didnt expect much of the dlc but felt underwhelmed nonetheless .They couldve done much more with the Lego license. Why not build your own cars/house and avatar. Maybe they wrent allowed to or couldnt because of time constraint, who knows but it felt really lacklustre.
Eh. It's not that type of game. It would be cool, though. Also, what a cool way it would be to introduce car destruction physics into this game XD. But hey, that's not the game they're making, even if customization and destruction are key parts of the lego experience. This is a Forza game first and foremost. It's the right decision to stay true to the roots of the franchise and the tech they use. And hey, maybe that stuff can come in the future.. but building a block simulator isn't exactly the easiest thing to shoehorn into a racing-adjacent game lol. (Then again.. Nuts and Bolts was pretty good.... lol)

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
There are plenty of events in the game that requires you to win or place higher against harder opponents in the weekly playlists.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
There are plenty of events in the game that requires you to win or place higher against harder opponents in the weekly playlists.

You get more rewards if you do place higher as well so you unlock stuff quicker. It even suggests to you if your winning races to easily to try upping the difficult, I love the little details like that, its a really well polished well designed game.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can understand why some people are disappointed by this being the theme for a DLC pack.
As long as they are being reasonable in their disappointment they should be heard.

Developers should disclose the contents of season passes before roping people into buying.
While there is a level of buyer beware, there's no reason for people to get overly defensive either. The "fool me once" Horizon 3 talk isn't realistic. A lot of people only bought an Xbox in the last 2 and a half years since that game came out and not everyone knows everything about the series they play.

I love the idea of the LEGO expansion. I've got it installed and ready to play. But I can understand why it's a different proposition when compared to the Fortune island DLC.

Uh no one was roped into buying. You don't have to preorder DLC sight unseen with no idea what it is and in fact I think you're pretty stupid if you do. I didn't buy the DLC until now, I've swooped and bought the double pack of both expansions for £28. I waited to see what they were and then bought them. Crazy right?

Oct 27, 2017
Uh no one was roped into buying. You don't have to preorder DLC sight unseen with no idea what it is and in fact I think you're pretty stupid if you do. I didn't buy the DLC until now, I've swooped and bought the double pack of both expansions for £28. I waited to see what they were and then bought them. Crazy right?
Sounds like they're roping in stupid people. Which they shouldn't do.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
So are there only 3 LEGO cars you can unlock with this? My one complaint about this DLC is that all the races/events are not 100% lego. But for a $15 dlc pack I'm not too upset about it.

Completely unrelated and more of a tech issue with the game...when I resume playing after putting the Xbox to sleep, audio doesn't work half the time and I have to restart the game. Is this a known issue?

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like they're roping in stupid people. Which they shouldn't do.

I hate asshole business practices, but I can't see how Playground are to blame here. People have the option of buying the ultimate day one with the DLC packs bundled but you certainly don't have to and the game isn't designed to give you a worse experience if you don't, and it doesn't bully you into buying sight unseen. It's your choice if you want to take a punt. I bought the base game day 1 for £39.99 and now I've bought the DLC bundle for £28.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, feels kinda wierd to get full 60 dollar game for free and have to pay for small dlcs when you dont own the game but i guess they have to make money somehow.

The Microsoft games aren't leaving the service, and if for some reason they were (eg. the license expires for the cars/music), by the time that happens (no less than 4-5 years) you can pick it up for dirt cheap before that date arrives. When it happened with Forza Horizon 2 (the delisting) they gave it away to all Live Gold subscribers, and others could find a copy for sub-10$ for a while.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
The Microsoft games aren't leaving the service, and if for some reason they were (eg. the license expires for the cars/music), by the time that happens (no less than 4-5 years) you can pick it up for dirt cheap before that date arrives. When it happened with Forza Horizon 2 (the delisting) they gave it away to all Live Gold subscribers, and others could find a copy for sub-10$ for a while.
Yep, i think its awesome for xbox players but i play on the pc where the catalouge isnt really that large so i dont keep my sub active, just subbed once and played fh4 and gears 4. Probably gonna get it down the line when its cheaper.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, i think its awesome for xbox players but i play on the pc where the catalouge isnt really that large so i dont keep my sub active, just subbed once and played fh4 and gears 4. Probably gonna get it down the line when its cheaper.

Fair enough, the service only officially launched on PC so there's definitely grounds to cover still. It already has 100+ games, among others: Sea Of Thieves, Horizon 4, Gears 4, Void Bastards and Metro Exodus, but clearly it's a tentative list and it will be expanded with time.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I dont even own Horizon 4, that and 3 are the only ones I've never purchased but due to Gamepass I've been playing 4 since last year and I bit the bullet and bought the Lego expansion and its awesome!!! I expected more cars but I'm having a blast.

Microsoft, pretty impressive, you've made me buy an Expansion pack for a game I dont even own!