• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
news.xbox.com

Forza Franchise Heading to Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

This May marked 15 years since we released the first Forza. Forza Motorsport was born from the team’s passion for cars and games. Over the years, we came to see Forza as a community centered around cars, competition, and creativity. As the Forza franchise has expanded, so has the importance of...

There's never been a better time to play Playground Games' Forza Horizon 4. Now optimized for the Xbox Series X, players will experience higher fidelity graphics and faster performance as they explore beautiful, historic Britain and drive hundreds of the world's greatest cars in native 4K Ultra HD at 60fps. Get behind the wheel faster than ever with Quick Resume and dramatically improved load times. With Smart Delivery, the Xbox Series X update is a free download for all Forza Horizon 4 owners and Xbox Game Pass subscribers.

ProjectRochelle_XStore_HeroSlotAsset_1920x1080.jpg

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't watch the stream, was there any mention of this coming to PC/Steam as well?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't already? I only have it on PC, but just assumed this was already a thing on console.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can't wait for this. While there are a few games I do want an Xbox Series X for, I honestly would've been content with playing this on console at 4K60.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I sadly can't understand HDR in my PC, so I've been playing this without HDR at 1440p/60.

But man, 4k/60 + HDR makes me giddy of excitement.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nice. i've been playing it on PC but will continue playing on Series X since i'm leaving PC gaming behind.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I normally don't play racing games either, except for mario kart with the family. But Forza Horizons 4 was an exception for me. Put in a good 20 hours, and there is still so much I didn't do.

I raced a train and that was awesome.
Yeah...horizon 4 was the first racing game I have played in years and it was killer.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Niiiice. Best racing game this gen gets even better. They should really include the expansion packs in Gamepass too.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would Microsoft do without Forza. What a series. Love Horizon 4!

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The HDR is what really blew me away of how much better FH4 looked playing on pc when I got my OLED.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
This has me thinking: One downside to Series X enhancements is that I have less of a desire to play these games right now.

I've also forgotten what details, if any, there are for games that are not specifically enhanced but will play on Series X (Xbox, 360, or One). I'm catching up on the Assassin's Creed series. On Unity and I wish the load times were better and maybe the framerate/resolution could be enhanced without a specific patch.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can they make the game look more beautiful though ? :0

I wish they would release some footage, RIP my eyes whenever they do. I assume they're going to show it off in August fingers crossed. This and Gears 5 should be a treat.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
How can they make the game look more beautiful though ? :0

I wish they would release some footage, RIP my eyes whenever they do. I assume they're going to show it off in August fingers crossed. This and Gears 5 should be a treat.

I hated picking between 4K and 60fps. This is going to be amazing never mind pushing everything else higher as well. Eyes will melt.

Avenger

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
I hope we get more PS5 and XSX news like this regarding past titles. Seem to be in the dark besides Gears and now Forza.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
This has me thinking: One downside to Series X enhancements is that I have less of a desire to play these games right now.

I've also forgotten what details, if any, there are for games that are not specifically enhanced but will play on Series X (Xbox, 360, or One). I'm catching up on the Assassin's Creed series. On Unity and I wish the load times were better and maybe the framerate/resolution could be enhanced without a specific patch.

Framerate should be rock solid (though not 60, that would require a patch or unlocked framerate) and load times will definitely get cut to a fraction.

Resolution won't automatically improve, except games with dynamic resolution will spend a lot more time (possibly 100%) in native.

HDR will be added to every game at OS level.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Not going to lie, I hate having to pick between 60 fps and 4k (though, i have to say with my setup and screen size to distance ratio, 60fps is a much more noticeable upgrade than 4k) but most of all I hate the awfully long load times. It's what keeps me from going back to FH4 more often.

broderm

Jun 15, 2020
dramatically improved load times

It's all that matters
. This game is already gorgeous but good god, the loading times made me buy a external SSD for the Xbox One X.