• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
So, Forza Horizon 4 is in the Steam sale. Is it worth going for the Ultimate Edition over the Standard Edition?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
good price, but you could also just wait til FH5 comes out now. (even though there is a series 37 update coming with a Vuhl Mexico track car coming in FH4)

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all - think I'll probably bite :) I'm a Brit who now lives in Australia, and I've got Forza Horizon 3 already, so it feels fitting to buy it.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've started playing this a little bit over the last week and I've started to find the map a bit overwhelming. Any tips on what to tackle first? Also is there a way to only show certain types of events?

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
I've started playing this a little bit over the last week and I've started to find the map a bit overwhelming. Any tips on what to tackle first? Also is there a way to only show certain types of events?

Tackle whatever you like - I dislike certain types and events and haven't really played many of them because they aren't to my taste. Do the types of races and activities you like and the world will open up with more stuff as you go along. There isn't really a set progression path or optimal path imo, you kinda make of it what you like. I personally liked to tackle the story missions whenever they first came up since it's a nice change of pace.

You can go into the map and select Filter to limit what type of events/waypoints are available.

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
Weird. I don't remember seeing a filter option there.

It should list the button at the bottom of the map - depending on how far you are, it might be locked out until you reach a certain point where true free roam is opened up. I don't think you have to get onto the Horizon Roster (i.e. complete all the seasons the first time through) but I might be mistaken.

The only crappy part of the map filter is that it isn't permanent, you'll have to reset it constantly.

Deleted member 3190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should list the button at the bottom of the map - depending on how far you are, it might be locked out until you reach a certain point where true free roam is opened up. I don't think you have to get onto the Horizon Roster (i.e. complete all the seasons the first time through) but I might be mistaken.

The only crappy part of the map filter is that it isn't permanent, you'll have to reset it constantly.
So how do the seasons progress? I was kind of surprised that when I booted up the game the 2nd night that it was just automatically progressing from Fall to Winter.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
The next update will also be the final update with new content for the game. After this, it will cycle back through previous seasons. Given how long FH4 has been supported for, I'm fine with this, only a few months to go before FH5 launches too.

Deleted member 24021

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
543.png

65756.png

lSt1P.gif

Last edited:

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up a Series X last week, basically because of the FH5 E3 announcement blew my mind, and I am absolutely stunned at how FH4 performs and looks on it. I have it installed on my PC as well but the quick resume feature on Series X is just amazing.

The next update will also be the final update with new , content for the game. After this, it will cycle back through previous seasons. Given how long FH4 has been supported for, I'm fine with this, only a few months to go before FH5 launches too.
I'm sad about this news but it had a good run. Man, I was really hoping we'd get the Delorean, maybe they'll bring it back for FH5 and hopefully most of the cars will make it to FH5.

I kinda hope they have some kind of celebration in the last few weeks with some of the Pre Order cars available again since I missed a few last year that were in the Forzathon Shop and i'm sure there's lots of new players with FH4 being on Game Pass and on Steam now. Maybe they'll be in the backstage since they are continuing it? No big deal either way since they are just tunes of cars I already have but i'm a bit of a completionist.

Looking forward to checking out the Super 7 high stakes mode and what it's all about. I can wait to see what they do with this in FH5 with the tools being improved and more assets to plop so we can make some really cool tracks and stunts for people to try.

Oct 28, 2017
I managed to buy a Ford Capri FE from the auction house, in case any one else is looking for a way to acquire it that seems to be a viable option now. I just cashed out the 20 million buyout - wasnt gonna let the auction slide and they all had the same BO. The seller I bought it from had 4 up for sale, I dont know how they did that. All in stock condition, no tunings or anything.

Checked again yesterday and there was one more up for sale. Maybe a good time to look for it now since people might want to clear any stock they have before 5 arrives.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hm started this game today. One of the games I was looking forward to most being new to Xbox, but its OK so far...

The sense of speed is not really there?

Also low-key forgot this is actually a last gen game, but got reminded of it by the loading times haha 😄 hope FH5 is better in this regard

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to buy a Ford Capri FE from the auction house, in case any one else is looking for a way to acquire it that seems to be a viable option now. I just cashed out the 20 million buyout - wasnt gonna let the auction slide and they all had the same BO. The seller I bought it from had 4 up for sale, I dont know how they did that. All in stock condition, no tunings or anything.

Checked again yesterday and there was one more up for sale. Maybe a good time to look for it now since people might want to clear any stock they have before 5 arrives.
They were a prize on a seasonal playlist at one point so maybe the seller was able to buy a bunch on the AH from people that didn't know better.

I am really close to Horizon Superstar to get my own Ford Capri FE but I don't really have the energy to try to do paint jobs and share that stuff. Everyone else's looks so much better and it's so time consuming when I just want to get out of that menu and get racing.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
They were a prize on a seasonal playlist at one point so maybe the seller was able to buy a bunch on the AH from people that didn't know better.

I am really close to Horizon Superstar to get my own Ford Capri FE but I don't really have the energy to try to do paint jobs and share that stuff. Everyone else's looks so much better and it's so time consuming when I just want to get out of that menu and get racing.
you can just keep sharing and then unsharing a paint and you'll get it. It's the blueprint one that's the most time consuming

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hello. Fresh to Xbox person here, not having owned one since the OG way back. I always knew I'd want to play FH though, I've long regarded it as THE flagship Xbox title nowadays ahead of Halo. When I got my AccessAllXbox this week, I noted that FH5 was there for pre-load, and I pulled both 4 and the pre-load down, fully intending to play one for a bit and then swap over.

But then I discovered this was set in Britain, and I'm all on board for my totally correct left hand driving right now! Game looks phenomenal, so I'm not clamouring for "next gen version" right now.

Radio Stations are a bit middling... I've just googled that Hospital Records are present, however I don't remember seeing that when I sifted through. Bass Arena "should" be what I'm in to, but I feel like they need to crib a whole lot better from the world of dance music than what that offers. Nothing as good as Francois Kevorkian selecting on Grand Theft Auto 4 here!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Radio Stations are a bit middling... I've just googled that Hospital Records are present, however I don't remember seeing that when I sifted through. Bass Arena "should" be what I'm in to, but I feel like they need to crib a whole lot better from the world of dance music than what that offers. Nothing as good as Francois Kevorkian selecting on Grand Theft Auto 4 here!
I think in 4 you get more radio stations by purchasing houses (you can check what each house unlock by going there), but I think you need to find the house first to be shown on the map (only a couple are not near roads).
You may unlock radio stations just with progression, but it may be in FH3 (which is set in Australia).

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the radio stations are available all the time. It's only the cabin in the forest that gives you the skill song (x10 mutliplier for skill stuff).

kwangomango

Nov 19, 2020
I know the release notes say otherwise but did SSAO get enabled in the last build on Series X?

I hadn't played for a couple of months but buildings, wall and tree textures seem more realistic now with better lighting/shadows.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
www.resetera.com

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Rápidos y Furiosos OT

👩‍💻 Developer: Playground Games 📀 Publisher: Xbox Game Studios 🎮 Platforms: PC (Steam, WinStore); Xbox One (retail, XBL); Xbox Series X|S (retail, XBL) 🏷️ Price: $59.99/€59.99/£49.99 or your regional equivalent* (standard edition); $79.99/€79.99/£64.99 or your regional equivalent* (Deluxe...

Anyone planning a club? :)

Last edited:

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Were is the option to change between quality and performance in this, on series x? I cant find that in settings?
I believe this option was removed on Series X as a part of the patch that they released, details here:

www.eurogamer.net

Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox Series X and S is upgraded in key areas but downgraded in others

Forza Horizon 4 isn't just one of the best Xbox exclusives, it's also one of the greatest racing games ever made. A cou…

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Doing seasonals for the first time since before numbered seasons were a thing. Apparently to get 80% completion in a season you HAVE to do multiple online things, and doing ranked online adventure sounds like hell based on prior experience, so fine, playground it is.

Five rounds of reasonably well contested matches that I don't really want to do but is still not bad because at least I'm not spinning my wheels in the mud for seven minutes like in Horizon 5. Game ends, we win, and... game FREEZES ON ME. Sound still works fine and I can hear some kind of countdown beeps (presumably to do with inactivity?) but it runs out and nothing. Restart the game: didn't get credit for the playground completion, still at 76%.

Dear god, why is every Horizon game broken this week? I came to Horizon 4 to get away from how broken 5's online is!

EDIT: oh fucking goddammit to fucking hell what the fuck

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Did the update jack something up and start giving 0xp for "skills" in every race or is it just me?