Forza Horizon 4 |OT| Seasoned to Perfection

Oct 27, 2017
I like doing cross country events in totally inappropriate cars & class. D class old classics, B class hot hatches.

In other news, every time I start doing drifting zones, I start hating this game.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a mid s1 class rallying hot rod because why not. Also made a very low speed drifting austin healey mkiv sprite. I appreciate making cars out of their comfort zone.

It might be man. I'm not great but if you want any tips or anything, send me a message on Live.

Anyone watching this new stream??

New wheels coming and the ability to paint certain sections of the wheel. Fuckin awesome.

Also added advanced options to the regular paint now too. You can paint different sections different colors now.

Can skip the first race and bulk add dlc cars.

Also adding the ability to paint calipers soon.

New stories coming and the Seasonal Championships are being updated and changed.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
New wheels coming and the ability to paint certain sections of the wheel. Fuckin awesome.

Also added advanced options to the regular paint now too. You can paint different sections different colors now.

It's almost embarrassing how excited I am for all these new painting options. Being able to apply materials and paint specific sections of a car, (as opposed to awkwardly masking them off), has been a long time coming. I still remember the good ol' days of paintable calipers in FM2, and had all but given up hope that they'd return.

Oct 27, 2017
The new painting/materials options look really good. Finally we can detail and paint cars in a more simple and obvious manner.

I only do a little painting - more of a re-sprayer than an artist - but these new options mean I'm likely to paint all my favourite cars.

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to find a car that I can drift with is impossible the 1974 Toyota Celica GT was the best and arguably the easiest drift car in FH3 but it is not in FH4 :(

Trying to do that Forzathon challange is not going to happen and I don't have the funds for that Alfa P3.

Oct 25, 2017
I just used the Formula D cars since that's what they were made for. Although I have to say...the E46 without AWD drivetrain swap is very oversteery it's basically a drift car, even on racing slicks.

Oct 26, 2017
I just used the Formula D cars since that's what they were made for. Although I have to say...the E46 without AWD drivetrain swap is very oversteery it's basically a drift car, even on racing slicks.
I have tried them all and even the Viper that most seem to do well with but I just cannot get the feel of it, I have the E46 I will give that a go tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
I have tried them all and even the Viper that most seem to do well with but I just cannot get the feel of it, I have the E46 I will give that a go tomorrow.
I have mine at full S1 900 and it does take some throttle control and handbraking to get right. Find a good amount of power on it to get it to drift but not so overly powerful like my 740ish HP I believe I have right now.

Oct 25, 2017
It might be man. I'm not great but if you want any tips or anything, send me a message on Live.

Anyone watching this new stream??

Can skip the first race and bulk add dlc cars.

New stories coming and the Seasonal Championships are being updated and changed.
I forgot about the stream. Did they mention specifics about Season Championships. I've taken a break from the game... Making championships better would pull me back

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished the last drift zone and at the end I got... nothing. Not even an announcement on the radio or something. How the hell do they have all these cosmetics and they they didn't even give you a T-shirt or a hat or something, anything, for doing all the zones.

Anyway, I made my own fun with those and decided it would be a great opportunity to try new cars so I did a different vehicle for each zone. I uploaded all the videos here, usually with a failed attempt or two included first to show that it isn't super easy and you shouldn't be demoralized if you are struggling. I also used the rewind feature on the last three because I just got in a "fuck this" attitude by the end of it even though I could have swapped the car and had more success. My personal favorites for drifting were the 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z for on the road and the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 for off-road. The Chevelle was given AWD. It still slides around everywhere, but it feels more controllable.

Oct 25, 2017
It's maybe not the best place to post this but the FH3 threads are pretty much dead ... but is there any way of getting email alerts about upcoming Forzathons (or even when they start) ? I am missing 2 barn finds in FH3 which are only contained in Forzathon events and I keep missing them (I fire it up every few months).

I'm usually not the completionist, but I like doing the Barn Finds and its bugging me that it is always at 18/20 because those last 2 are locked behind Forzathon events :/

Oct 25, 2017
I like doing cross country events in totally inappropriate cars & class. D class old classics, B class hot hatches.

In other news, every time I start doing drifting zones, I start hating this game.
I wouldn't go as far, but like in other chapters it once again feels like the least consistent of modes. On some runs you put one wheel onto the gravel and you suddenly get no points whatsoever, on other you can cut like half the path and still you're fine. Also the slow drift zones are never fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished the last drift zone and at the end I got... nothing. Not even an announcement on the radio or something. How the hell do they have all these cosmetics and they they didn't even give you a T-shirt or a hat or something, anything, for doing all the zones.

Anyway, I made my own fun with those and decided it would be a great opportunity to try new cars so I did a different vehicle for each zone. I uploaded all the videos here, usually with a failed attempt or two included first to show that it isn't super easy and you shouldn't be demoralized if you are struggling. I also used the rewind feature on the last three because I just got in a "fuck this" attitude by the end of it even though I could have swapped the car and had more success. My personal favorites for drifting were the 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z for on the road and the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 for off-road. The Chevelle was given AWD. It still slides around everywhere, but it feels more controllable.
yikes, that's... anticlimactic

Oct 26, 2017
It's maybe not the best place to post this but the FH3 threads are pretty much dead ... but is there any way of getting email alerts about upcoming Forzathons (or even when they start) ? I am missing 2 barn finds in FH3 which are only contained in Forzathon events and I keep missing them (I fire it up every few months).

I'm usually not the completionist, but I like doing the Barn Finds and its bugging me that it is always at 18/20 because those last 2 are locked behind Forzathon events :/
I didn't think there were any Barn Finds behind Forzathons.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for Expert mode on these spring season races, with the super cars? I did really well in the winter ones vs. expert, and I want the patrol uniform, but I'm struggling to get even 4th in the spring races.

Oct 25, 2017
It's all about the tune in my experience.
Also, don't tune it to the max possible. I basically kept my Caterham stock (just race tires and widened) and I was able to win all the races with not too much trouble.

Btw, anyone check out the new painting options yet?
That was kind of my thinking, I think my two cars I have purchased and tuned are the Senna and the Aventador, I tried one at max tune and the Senna pretty modest, but I get clobbered in both. I think I need a "lower end" super car :P

That was kind of my thinking, I think my two cars I have purchased and tuned are the Senna and the Aventador, I tried one at max tune and the Senna pretty modest, but I get clobbered in both. I think I need a "lower end" super car :P
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about a different race. I can't remember what I used for that race but it was definitely a "lower tier" super car.

You all see this yet?

Man, that old school Honda Civc is gonna be awesome. The first two cars are so close the cars I want, it is almost mean. I just want the Superleggera and the 600LT!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I keep ABS on. After playing with and without I didn't feel turning it off was necessary and it is convenient to not have to fiddle with the menu when I want to drift. Also got an S7 in a wheel spin and this thing has been a revelation. Granted, I lost control at the end but it has been incredibly fun sliding around everywhere with it.

That said, I wish money wasn't so hard to come by. I am saving up for the house that gives you double Horizonthon points. I have about $3million but those Ferrari's are soooo tempting.

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else not able to download the latest update from the Windows Store?

In the store I get the error code 0x80070015 which can mean anything and everything according to my quick search and the latest Windows updates from a few days don't work as well, but there I get the error code 0x80240034, which seems to mean the download is just not available.

I can't really tell if that's some fuckery from Microsoft or if it is on my end?

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I think these Spring races are the first thing I've been really frustrated by in Forza 4. It just feels like there's nothing I can do to beat them. I'm not driving terribly, the AI just flies past me until I'm in 4th or 5th no matter what car I use or which series, and it's pretty clear no amount of perfect driving would catch me up. I'm obviously just missing something entirely but no clue what it is. It sucks because it feels like there's something on the line even though I know I'll have the change to get those things randomly later or maybe earn them another time, but when I have limited time to play and I use it up trying to figure out something with no clues... I dunno. It's lame.

Edit: I tried turning the difficulty down a notch and it's exactly the same spacing. I'm clear ahead of the pack behind me but 1st-3rd place are 10 seconds ahead. I rage quit a game for the first time in years. It literally doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game because nothing I do changes anything.

With the 3-star drift challenge, I got it after a couple hours after having not tried one before, by trying different cars and learning and tuning and such. Even if I thought the challenges are dumb, at least it felt like I made progress. These races are terrible though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Also, don't tune it to the max possible. I basically kept my Caterham stock (just race tires and widened) and I was able to win all the races with not too much trouble.

Btw, anyone check out the new painting options yet?
I just grab the highest rated tunes and it really makes the events so much easier. I prefer the challenge without tuning against expert drivatars but the events in this season seemed more aggravating.