• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Forza Horizon 4 |OT| Seasoned to Perfection

Nov 2, 2017
I still love coming back weekly, playing for a few hours
I mean I do like returning to the game once or so a week but that's on the back of how nice the core visuals/world design/handling is, there's really noting they've added in the weekly content that has really drawn me to play.

Oct 25, 2017
I still hate this festival playlist. It feels like busy work than letting me play how I want than anything. I wish they would scrape the thing or at least rework it so that it's doesn't have to be 50% and 100% to get the cars. Not everyone is gonna be able to do that.

edit: does the game still disconnect at the end of an unranked ffa adventure?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
SW England
I find myself torn on FH4. I love the setting. But I just find the way events are set up less inviting than FH3. What I liked about the last game was that every race location also had a corresponding championship. That means there were hundreds of events to work through. These don't exist now and they were my favourite way of playing the game.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I find myself torn on FH4. I love the setting. But I just find the way events are set up less inviting than FH3. What I liked about the last game was that every race location also had a corresponding championship. That means there were hundreds of events to work through. These don't exist now and they were my favourite way of playing the game.
Exactly how I feel. The way that FH3 unloaded events felt a bit overwhelming but with the seasons mode, they had a great excuse to introduce them gradually and keep you coming back.

Instead, the whole map feels smaller cos there's less to do and the weekly stuff just emphasises how much it's lacking after you finish all the events. It was one of my favourite games of all time up until I finished everything and now it just feels hollow. Massive shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been playing as much lately but since the festival playlist started I haven't had enough FP to buy one or both of the Forzathon vehicles. I know most of them are just cosmetic but oh well..

Really hoping the final expansion is coming soon.

Oct 25, 2017
The final expansion might be it for me, as far as regular playing. The new way they are doing it is way too driven around a "chore" feel and I just quit and haven't played since that update.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't booted up the game in a couple weeks now. I still haven't 100%'d everything of the "main game" or the DLC, but the weeklies are just not very interesting, certainly not enough to bother wasting my limited gaming time on. In a sense, I don't mind: I'd hate if I had to "hate" Forza because of a chore to go on with every week to make meaningful progress. On the other, there's just not a lot of motivation to bother with these weeklies and dailies. I'd much prefer a more linear content-adding process, in which they add a new race, event, car every now and then, which then stays in. Having remixes of the same events every week is not interesting to me. Not enough, anyway.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I love when you get a super spin and all three are just clothes :)

I still wonder why they don't add more hill climb events. It is the perfect game and setting to do it, just create some great up/downhill roads and let us go to town. Even the Fortune island expansion didn't really have any.
They've basically left it up to the community to make the rest of the events.

After I did the fucking online adventure 🙄
Condolences 😢

E: I think the update might have just borked the percentages in general. I was at 50% total completion (for 4 seasons) before the update and now I'm at 40%, and my season completion for last season is 73% even though I did everything but the Playground Games and Online Adventure.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
I didn't even bother last week but I have to say this week is looking great. Good shop cars and the Elise isn't locked behind multiplayer garbage. That and of course I have to play because Winter is the best season.

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Funny, I've had this game since early access and had no idea until last night that some production cars are wheelspin or Forzathon shop only. I was pondering how Forza 7 has the 2018 Civic Type R and how Horizon 4 seemingly doesn't...

Favorite car is RNG. It seems like it wasn't in the game quite at launch but still... Kind of a bummer to discover that the car has been available for some time and I didn't know about it because its unlock method is pretty elusive.

Oct 27, 2017
I like the co op races now, which I do. I just hate all of the duplicate cars I keep winning. You used to be able to get them and then sell them right away after a spin, I think....

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I've had this game since early access and had no idea until last night that some production cars are wheelspin or Forzathon shop only. I was pondering how Forza 7 has the 2018 Civic Type R and how Horizon 4 seemingly doesn't...

Favorite car is RNG. It seems like it wasn't in the game quite at launch but still... Kind of a bummer to discover that the car has been available for some time and I didn't know about it because its unlock method is pretty elusive.
FH4 does have it. But now you either have to wait until it rotates back in the Forzathon shop (for a large amount of FP) or Auction House.

Oct 25, 2017
Update 8:
the summer cars are:
mb gt 4 door for 50% and twin mill for 80%
autumn cars are:
599x evo and 280sl
Winter cars are:
67 chevelle and lykan hypersport
Spring cars are:
the old corsa vxr and a rabbit suit
REMOVED FREE ROAM RUSH for racing online
Layer mask for livery editor
Barrett Jackson cars coming (unsure if free or not)

Expansion 2 will be coming first half 2019

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
Removal of free roam rush? Now *that* is what I call some welcome news!

Edit: Ooh, and I see some other tweaks to go along with that...
"Drift Adventure" sounds interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Update 8:
the summer cars are:
mb gt 4 door for 50% and twin mill for 80%
autumn cars are:
599x evo and 280sl
Winter cars are:
67 chevelle and lykan hypersport
Spring cars are:
the old corsa vxr and a rabbit suit
REMOVED FREE ROAM RUSH for racing online
Layer mask for livery editor
Barrett Jackson cars coming (unsure if free or not)

Expansion 2 will be coming first half 2019
they are getting rid of free roam rush? oh hell yes.

Dec 20, 2017
As somebody who has no interest in the Online stuff whatsoever the new festival playlist just seems pointless as I don’t seem to be able to unlock the cars just doing single player stuff (not for last two weeks) after a break of a month. Unless Fortune Island has stuff and haven’t visited in a while.

As somebody who has no interest in the Online stuff whatsoever the new festival playlist just seems pointless as I don’t seem to be able to unlock the cars just doing single player stuff (not for last two weeks) after a break of a month. Unless Fortune Island has stuff and haven’t visited in a while.
It's mitigated a little by the fact that you only have to suffer through one online adventure a month in addition to the weekly single-player stuff to unlock everything.

Dec 20, 2017
It's mitigated a little by the fact that you only have to suffer through one online adventure a month in addition to the weekly single-player stuff to unlock everything.
I may have a closer look then, I enjoy doing the championships and didn’t mind doing the rival events. Will investigate further with the new monthly update.

Dec 9, 2018
Turn full damage on 👀
You know what? I'd try that mode in Horizon MP. I was never a big MP racer in Forza Motorsports 7 (just not a big MP person in general), but I regarded the MP in the game *absolutely* a waste of time, *except* where simulation damage was enabled. Sure, it didn't keep out *all* the "dishonest racers"[1], but generally when they pulled stunts, they at least wrecked themselves as well.

[1] I phrase it like that because, hey, honest mistakes are a thing, just like in real racing.

Oct 27, 2017

It honestly wasn't that bad. The hardest thing was the championship a few seasons back with...offroad buggies(?) that I found pretty much impossible to get first in each event because even if you were lucky enough to get 1st place, it was an offroad track and the "lane" was too wide to prevent the AI from overtaking. I had to settle for a series of 2nd place finishes and winning the overall series by point count instead.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I still have to do the playground shite and I can't stand it, it comes down to whether your team members actually stay in the game. As soon as you lose the first one, people bail and there's no point playing any more.

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to do the playground shite and I can't stand it, it comes down to whether your team members actually stay in the game. As soon as you lose the first one, people bail and there's no point playing any more.
Forcing the playground stuff is awful honestly.