• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Forza Horizon 4 |OT| Seasoned to Perfection

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully that's only for 100% completion, which is only for bragging rights. You can easily get all the rewards by just doing the weekly solo stuff, maybe a weekly trial, and one adventure per month.
That recently changed, you used to need 100% to unlock the prize cars. Also they had an epic car for this one just gone.

And obviously I won it because after winning the first round, everyone dropped out and left one poor sod behind.

Oct 25, 2017
Trials was still a pain because too much god damn quitters. Ranked isn't as bad as I thought. That 30 second ghost window is really good and only need 1 adventure to be ranked.

Just completed an Adventure, and I gotta say deactivating collisions at the start is a game-changer! Once people have had the chance to spread out a bit there's so much less fuckery in sharp turns, it's just so much less frustrating. My team ended up losing the Adventure but I'm not bummed at all, because I finally feel it was fair.

Oct 27, 2017
Just completed an Adventure, and I gotta say deactivating collisions at the start is a game-changer! Once people have had the chance to spread out a bit there's so much less fuckery in sharp turns, it's just so much less frustrating. My team ended up losing the Adventure but I'm not bummed at all, because I finally feel it was fair.
They deactivated them? Awesome news!

Mar 28, 2018
I don't post in OTs as much as I should and haven't posted in this one in quite some time but had to pop in and ask a question. Is the Reaping the Rewards Achievement bugged for anyone here? I made a 5 Lap Blueprint for The Goliath last night and completed it with my one of my Lamborghini FE's that has a credit boost and did not get the Achievement. Looking it up and it seems to have been bugged for some while others say it popped when they did an exact 3 Lap race. Has this been discussed here?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't post in OTs as much as I should and haven't posted in this one in quite some time but had to pop in and ask a question. Is the Reaping the Rewards Achievement bugged for anyone here? I made a 5 Lap Blueprint for The Goliath last night and completed it with my one of my Lamborghini FE's that has a credit boost and did not get the Achievement. Looking it up and it seems to have been bugged for some while others say it popped when they did an exact 3 Lap race. Has this been discussed here?
I never had that problem. I did a 3 lap race with a Vulcan when I got it iirc. I forget if getting certain achievement were discussed here.

I actually enjoy random racing online now, but I doubt I'll do it much. The 30 second ghost window makes much more sane.

Damn I'm struggling on these expert championships this week.
That community rally championship was real rough until I was able to get a car tuned to my liking. That first race requires grip and acceleration in spades. I ended up using an upgraded hoonigan Cosworth with a bit of tweaking to improve the handling.

Second race I thought was much easier. I was able to find a rhythm driving the straights and then braking hard for the sharp turn.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Microsoft released "Forza Street" on Windows 10. I thought "huh, maybe this is like that weird Forza Apex, some sort of prototype for future forza games".

Nope, its some super weird mobile (??) sort of game but running in Windows? Wat? Completely bizarre, everything based on essentially touch type features (click, release, etc to race), the visuals are super awful, I just can't figure out why they put this out. Sure, I guess if you wanna put out a mobile game in a market flooded put out your weird f2p game and quietly shut it down six months later but taking all the time and effort to make this a Windows 10 app... why...