• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
z3N4xgU.gif

83KG3h8.gif

fh4-keyinfoswjipv.png

fh4-features7ad76.jpg

seasonsn0iv9.jpg

reviewscwcls.png

fh4-metacriticpge94.png

Metacritic 92% | OpenCritic 92%

mustplay222.png
mighty-man.png

You can also check out the Review Thread for the game.

pc_version2bf5r.png

soundtracknucak.png

You can listen to the complete soundtrack of the game on Spotify.

post-launchp9d6v.png

Directlink to the Club:
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/clubs/profile?clubid=3379864441873073

Thanks to Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios for providing high-quality assets.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/clubs/profile?clubid=3379864441873073
Welcome to the Horizon Festival!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
faqsyes7.png

What platforms will Forza Horizon 4 be available on?
Forza Horizon 4 is a Microsoft Studios game and thus will release exclusively on Xbox One / Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC.

Who developed the game?
Playground Games in collaboration with Turn 10 Studios. Unlike some media outlets do, it's important to give Turn 10 Studios credit for the game, too. They are deeply involved in the development of the game - especially the engine. Playground Games is definitely the primary force behind the Horizon series though.

When will Forza Horizon 4 release?
2nd October 2018 - Early Access with the Ultimate Edition on 28th September 2018.

Is it true I can play this game on day one with Game Pass?
Yes. Forza Horizon 4 is included in Game Pass starting on its global launch - 2nd October 2018. Thanks to Play Anywhere this also works with the PC version.

How are the reviews for the game?
As of today, Forza Horizon 4 has a Metacritic of 92%. On OpenCritic the game also is at 92%. 100% of the available critics recommend this game according to OpenCritic.

What does DigitalFoundry think about the game?
Well … They love it. [4K] Forza Horizon 4: The Digital Foundry Tech Analysis - Xbox One X is Lead Platform!

Does the game have stutters on PC like the initial PC release of Forza Horizon 3 suffered from?
Initial reports point to a clear no. The PC version is much better optimized this time around.

In what way is the game Xbox One X Enhanced?
The Xbox One X was the lead platform during the development of the game. The game features two modes on Xbox One X: Quality (native 4K at 30fps with all graphical effects on) and performance (native 1080p at 60fps). Unlike similiar modes in other games, the performance mode in Forza Horizon 4 offers a solid 60fps experience.

I heard this game has "shared-world". Does this mean this is online-only?
No. Forza Horizon 4 fully supports offline play. You can choose to either enter the shared-world to always drive with real players - or just play solo with Drivatars. Even if you play in the shared-world you will still have access to feature like rewind, photo-mode and so on. And if your internet connection interrupts while being in the shared-world, the game simply switches seamlessly to offline-mode without you loosing any progress.

I heard something about a route creator?
The Route Creator is coming with the first big update to the game on 25th October 2018. Here is a video about the upcoming Route Creator feature.

I have Game Pass but want to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition content. How?
On Oct. 2, gamers who bought the Standard Edition of Forza Horizon 4 or acquired it as part of Xbox Game Pass will be able to upgrade to Ultimate Edition by purchasing the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle for just $49.99. Of note, Xbox Game Pass members get a special 10% discount on this bundle.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09...arly-with-the-ultimate-edition-release-today/

How will the Seasons work in the game?
Seasons in Forza Horizon 4 will change on a weekly basis. And they'll change for everyone playing
the game at the exact same time, so whether you're playing solo or with your friends, everyone's
having a similar experience. However, players are free to set the season they like for every single
specific racing event on the map individually.

Is there wildlife?
Yes. Deers, rabbits, sheep, chicken and many more.

Terrain deformation is in?
Yes - and it's better than ever. Mud and snow get deformed by cars, physical objects and wildlife.

Does this game feature competitive online racing?
Yes, this time around ranked competitive races made it in! Race for ranks and rewards.

Photo-mode is in?
Of course. We also have a dedicated media thread for the game.

Any other new features?
Honestly, the game is so packed with content, features and systems that it's impossible for me to include everything in one OT. From jobs the player can do to the auctions house, from Horizon cars to special body kits, from the multi-layered progression system to new customization options. Forza Horizon 4 is a game full with content, activities and progression possibilities.

Does ResetEra has a FH4 club?
Yes. Here: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/clubs/profile?clubid=3379864441873073

L1ri12D.gif

Last edited:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Great job Klobrille. You did good. Add one or two gifs to it though. Too many amazing ones out there.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think this OT used my whole data plan.
Not complaining, it's amazingly well done.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow what an amazing OT. Love this type of OTs also the banners are beautiful so is the quality. I'm really hyped!!

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome work on the OT! Cannot wait for Friday, easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Does progress from the demo carry? It's getting hard to wait until Friday

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. These large gifs are a bit resource heavy, but this shouldn't be a problem once we roll onto page 2.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
So damn excited for this game. Between this, Red Dead and Smash, I'm like set for the year. Can't wait!

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice work on the thread OP.

Picking up the Ultimate Edition on Friday. I never buy special editions for games anymore, but Horizon is the exception. Their history of DLC is so good that I'm willing to pay up front, and the extra cars are nice as well.

ahartig

Mar 20, 2018
Not sure if this has been answered, but if I am running the Quality mode on an X but only have a 1080p tv, will the graphical effects still be present? Will it still run at 60 fps with graphical effects on?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I have one burning question. How many wheelspins will I get with the roughly 2 million influence I will have acquired from Mixer pre-launch? Heh.

Amazing OT and can't wait to play this!