• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Well the Mixer shit isn't a very good way to level up and get money. The best I have found is to collect the perk points and then go through all your Gold/Purple/Blue rarity cars and get all the XP/Wheelspin bonuses you can. When I have about 200pts and go through, I usually end up with a number of levels and like 30 wheelspins.

I have never done those races, that sounds incredibly boring.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
They are. You're basically full throttling up and down the motorway. Not much can you do.

I am legit shocked that you guys feel like its hard to get money. I played a TON when it first came out but I haven't played it for more than maybe an hour a day for the last month or so. I don't grind any races or anything. I just do the different seasonal/dailies and then my freeway drifting, but that is it.

And I have never had a problem with money. I got the Edinburgh castle like last weekend or so and I already have like $5mil again. Not sure what I am doing that differently.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saving up money. I'm not doing anything differently. I don't even use the highway grind races that much either. But I can't wait for the championship updates. I really need that.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
So this is my first Forza game and I would say my first more sim-side racer, I don't play a ton of racing games but I'm more used to like Burnout, Xtreme G, Wipeout, etc. I like it a lot so far, but I'm curious about a few things -

• Does everyone just go more simulation-style in the difficulty over time? Should I just turn all the assists and whatnot off right now? Are there some that are better to leave on overall if I'm playing with a controller (like shifting)?
  • Is there a reason to have multiple copies of the same car? I've only dabbled into tuning insofar as I've downloaded a few custom ones, but can't you just retune the same car over and over rather than having multiples?
  • I'm playing on PC and it seems to randomly forget my video settings, doing the auto-detect thing, when I start it up - anyone else run into that?
  • Is there a recommended video or guide for tuning basics because I am not a car person in real life, at all (the few vehicles I recognize are from binging on Top Gear), so all I have to go on are the in-game descriptions of the options
  • Is the Land Rover like, really good, or is it just noob-friendly

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
After spending all this time on the challenges, just found out that the bonus for complete ting weekly and daily is 30 points. Wtf, wasn't it 100points before?

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Don't waste your money lol

How many hours have you played/grinded the same race over and over and do you have VIP? Because surely (25 million credits alone for the two castles alone) means you have played, this a lot, and I don't see how there is that many races available to give 25 million plus credits for the other houses to then amass a fortune again to not have to worry about money.
I haven't though. Bought two or three houses for super wheel spins and they made me the money back. Currently at around 4.5 million I think.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
So this is my first Forza game and I would say my first more sim-side racer, I don't play a ton of racing games but I'm more used to like Burnout, Xtreme G, Wipeout, etc. I like it a lot so far, but I'm curious about a few things -

• Does everyone just go more simulation-style in the difficulty over time? Should I just turn all the assists and whatnot off right now? Are there some that are better to leave on overall if I'm playing with a controller (like shifting)?
  • Is there a reason to have multiple copies of the same car? I've only dabbled into tuning insofar as I've downloaded a few custom ones, but can't you just retune the same car over and over rather than having multiples?
  • I'm playing on PC and it seems to randomly forget my video settings, doing the auto-detect thing, when I start it up - anyone else run into that?
  • Is there a recommended video or guide for tuning basics because I am not a car person in real life, at all (the few vehicles I recognize are from binging on Top Gear), so all I have to go on are the in-game descriptions of the options

1) I play with no assists but I would suggest to pick what feels best for you. The Horizon games are much more forgiving than Motorsports so you can get away with more. I honestly think its much more fun without any assists but slowly turn off different ones and see how you do. Go stability-traction-abs order.

2) No real reason. You can also get the perks from the dupe before you get rid of it but there is no real reason to have them.

3) No PC, no idea

4) Download ForzaTune 6 for your phone if you can and that is a great starter guide. The best thing you can do is to drive the cars and read all the information in the tuning menus, they really are helpful. There is also this great guide:

jpebxpm5nrw11.jpg

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
1) I play with no assists but I would suggest to pick what feels best for you. The Horizon games are much more forgiving than Motorsports so you can get away with more. I honestly think its much more fun without any assists but slowly turn off different ones and see how you do. Go stability-traction-abs order.

2) No real reason. You can also get the perks from the dupe before you get rid of it but there is no real reason to have them.

3) No PC, no idea

4) Download ForzaTune 6 for your phone if you can and that is a great starter guide. The best thing you can do is to drive the cars and read all the information in the tuning menus, they really are helpful. There is also this great guide:

jpebxpm5nrw11.jpg

That seems like a help quick reference, thanks for the tips too. Is ForzaTune 6 better than 7 in some way, or just cheaper?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The hell is going on...

I'm trying to earn points to buy the weekly items and I've been playing two hours straight. I've yet to get a single pop up to play a forzathon type event. WTH.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The only grinding I have done is drifting the highway to get the Perk Points. I will hang out with my baby and spend like half an hour/hour here and there getting like 200ish perk points, then I go through all my cars and buy all the wheelspins/XP options.

Just a few passes at that has got me over $10m and a shitton of levels/cars. I have a baby who is 2 months old, so trust me, I am not sitting in front of it playing for hours at at time. lol

And I also get $500k from Forza Rewards every week.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that's a thing you can do. The 200 perk points per hour thing is kind of nuts, though.

Perhaps I'll start going through all my cars and doing that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, people tend to either drop assists or increase the drivatar difficulty as they progress into the game, but really it's up to you. Because you can change the settings at any time, you should feel free to experiment with, say, turning traction control off or turning off the racing line.

Having multiple copies of the same car lets you attach a different tuning setup to each one, which you might want if there's a car you really, really like and you want it specced out for different classes or different styles (drift, rally, grip, etc.). You are correct in that you can simply save tuning setups and apply different ones to a single car as needed, but I think there are a few cases where you don't really have that option beforehand. For example, starting a team adventure, if the car you like isn't set up for the class specified, you can't select it even if you have a tuning setup that would put that car in the right class.

The PC thing where it resets your settings was a bug that was supposed to be fixed a few patches ago. If you're still running into that, though, I'm not really sure what's going on. Could be the game isn't able to write to a config file or something.

After spending all this time on the challenges, just found out that the bonus for complete ting weekly and daily is 30 points. Wtf, wasn't it 100points before?

Nope, it's always been 30 points. It's the weekly challenge that's 100 points.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this on Game Pass so I bought the Ultimate edition upgrade or whatever it's called to add all the DLC. Worth it, but wow they actually managed to make getting access to the included cars even more annoying and time consuming.

- Go to Autoshow
- Click "View all"
- Click "Sort"
- Sort by value
- Scroll to 0 CR
- Click the first free car
- Choose a custom paint job or a paint colour
- "Do you want to choose this car?" Yes
- "Look at this car!" Press back
- Press "View all" again
- Oh look, the car list hasn't saved the sort settings
- Sort by value... again...
- etc etc etc
- Repeat for every. single. car.

How?! They've had four games to sort this now, why is it still such a convoluted mess just to get access to cars you've bought?
Yes, I know - alternatively, why do I keep giving them money for said cars...

Why on earth aren't all the VIP/Car Pass cars just added straight to your garage as soon as they're available? If it's because you get to choose a custom paint job, then I'd rather they just let you do that once you choose to actually drive the car, and just add it to your garage automatically with its default paint colour to begin with.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
PaulLFC their gonna be adding a feature where you can all dlc cars in bulk so you don't have to do keep doing that process every time, come the November update.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Me and a friend, me Xbox him on PC, were trying to do races together but had no luck. I joined his server no problem, he starts a race, I get the prompt to join so I do, then the timer gets to 1 second and just stalls and boots us back to free roam. We're a little confused on what to do and I don't remember having this problem in horizon 3.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
The hell is going on...

I'm trying to earn points to buy the weekly items and I've been playing two hours straight. I've yet to get a single pop up to play a forzathon type event. WTH.

It keeps logging out and also the game keeps freezing (Xbox) since the last update.

Me and a friend, me Xbox him on PC, were trying to do races together but had no luck. I joined his server no problem, he starts a race, I get the prompt to join so I do, then the timer gets to 1 second and just stalls and boots us back to free roam. We're a little confused on what to do and I don't remember having this problem in horizon 3.

I suspect there were server issues in the past day or so, I also ran into some problems. In my case I kept getting booted from team adventures even though all the other online stuff was working fine.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this on Game Pass so I bought the Ultimate edition upgrade or whatever it's called to add all the DLC. Worth it, but wow they actually managed to make getting access to the included cars even more annoying and time consuming.

- Go to Autoshow
- Click "View all"
- Click "Sort"
- Sort by value
- Scroll to 0 CR
- Click the first free car
- Choose a custom paint job or a paint colour
- "Do you want to choose this car?" Yes
- "Look at this car!" Press back
- Press "View all" again
- Oh look, the car list hasn't saved the sort settings
- Sort by value... again...
- etc etc etc
- Repeat for every. single. car.

How?! They've had four games to sort this now, why is it still such a convoluted mess just to get access to cars you've bought?
Yes, I know - alternatively, why do I keep giving them money for said cars...

Why on earth aren't all the VIP/Car Pass cars just added straight to your garage as soon as they're available? If it's because you get to choose a custom paint job, then I'd rather they just let you do that once you choose to actually drive the car, and just add it to your garage automatically with its default paint colour to begin with.

Oh, it could be worse. I'm pretty much done with FH4 (350-odd cars, all properties, boards, etc.) so I thought I'd buy FH3 Ultimate to scratch the itch. 90+ DLC cars to be unlocked one by one in the exact same fashion. I do 10 per sitting so I should be done in just under a fortnight, but Jeeeeesus, it's rough.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, I don't know, 127hrs isn't anything to sniff at.

Haha, fair enough. And although the number is still high, its not quite really that high. Most of my time spent "playing" Forza these days consists of me pausing it for long times to change the baby, clean up vomit, change the baby again, help the wife, let the dogs out, let the cat out, feed the dog, change the baby, and then back to Forza.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, fair enough. And although the number is still high, its not quite really that high. Most of my time spent "playing" Forza these days consists of me pausing it for long times to change the baby, clean up vomit, change the baby again, help the wife, let the dogs out, let the cat out, feed the dog, change the baby, and then back to Forza.
:)

You could have styled it out and just said you left your console idling on mixer to get rep ;)

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the route and car, but 80% road.

I feel like you might actually be able to increase that percentage; I've never had the courage to test this myself more than once, but I suspect that sticking to the road is a winning strategy a lot more often than people realize. I feel like Playground was going for a risk/reward thing, asking you to decide if the less direct route will be faster than the off-road one, but in practice it ends up feeling more like everyone feeling like they HAVE to off-road it just to keep up. But the last freeroam rush I did, I stuck to roads pretty much the whole time, and ended up winning despite being in 10th or 11th place for the vast majority of the race.

EDIT: Tried a few adventures today. Actually, fuck everything I said earlier, and fuck team adventure. Dropped two leagues and probably would've dropped a third if my game didn't crash in the middle of a race because of assholes in giant trucks knocking me around a ton. There needs to be penalties for people smashing into each other without even trying to avoid one another, because this fucking sucks.

Last edited:

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I meant 7. I just forgot which was the newest. And you can use the old one. They are made "specifically" for each new Motorsports game but as a baseline, 6 would be fine.

Yeah, people tend to either drop assists or increase the drivatar difficulty as they progress into the game, but really it's up to you. Because you can change the settings at any time, you should feel free to experiment with, say, turning traction control off or turning off the racing line.

Having multiple copies of the same car lets you attach a different tuning setup to each one, which you might want if there's a car you really, really like and you want it specced out for different classes or different styles (drift, rally, grip, etc.). You are correct in that you can simply save tuning setups and apply different ones to a single car as needed, but I think there are a few cases where you don't really have that option beforehand. For example, starting a team adventure, if the car you like isn't set up for the class specified, you can't select it even if you have a tuning setup that would put that car in the right class.

The PC thing where it resets your settings was a bug that was supposed to be fixed a few patches ago. If you're still running into that, though, I'm not really sure what's going on. Could be the game isn't able to write to a config file or something.

Nope, it's always been 30 points. It's the weekly challenge that's 100 points.

Bit late, but thanks again. The video settings seems totally random, it did it like 3 times in a row and now hasn't done it for a couple days. I'd love to drive... maybe not every car eventually, but most, so maybe I'll find one to collect copies of itself.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Is there a good reason why you can't change paint jobs without fast traveling back to the festival site? Am I missing something? It breaks the immersion when I'm racing against 5 other people with the same car and identical default paint job, but who can blame them when it's such a hassle to change your appearance?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else just feel the ai on off road racing is down right unfair?

Like they are racing on tarmac whilst you are off road? These guys are uncatchable, and I'm not even on that hard of a difficulty setting.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is FH4 worth getting as purely a single player experience?

It's amazing imho. The world still feels alive because if you play connected to the Internet there's dozens of other players, Forzathon events and such populating the world. If you play offline, it's competent drivatars doing the same, and you can challenge them too like in previous games. Every event can be played solo as well with difficulty settings, assists of your liking, and you can customize your own events or make your own races with the Route Creator. I'm a big multiplayer guy but I'd argue that one of Forza Horizon's strenghts has always been how damn fun is just playing it solo. I have hundreds of hours in Forza Horizon 3 and I doubt that more than 10 were spent on the online portion.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
It is a compelling & full of video worthy moments in single player.
It is a frustrating, menus & loading filled hell scape in multiplayer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw they are talking about the 3.2 million championships on stream on Monday. Sounds interesting, and I hope they can be grinded.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
I've requested membership to the Resetera club a couple times but it doesn't seem to be going through? I'm just going through the menu and hitting "request", is there something else I have to do? Also, does everyone just use the Club or also friends on Windows (hah)?

MrPeter

Oct 14, 2018
Does anyone else just feel the ai on off road racing is down right unfair?

Like they are racing on tarmac whilst you are off road? These guys are uncatchable, and I'm not even on that hard of a difficulty setting.

Yup, I feel the same sometimes and it is annoying especially when it's the same car!

Last edited:

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
After updating to Windows 1809, game crashes to desktop after the initial splash screen.

Thank you Microsoft, once again. I wish I wasn't stuck with your shitty fucking ecosystem so I could have my fucking games work consistently without something getting fucked up after every single one of your shitty updates.

Edit: Crisis averted. I reinstalled and it's working.

Last edited: