• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I keep ABS on. After playing with and without I didn't feel turning it off was necessary and it is convenient to not have to fiddle with the menu when I want to drift. Also got an S7 in a wheel spin and this thing has been a revelation. Granted, I lost control at the end but it has been incredibly fun sliding around everywhere with it.

That said, I wish money wasn't so hard to come by. I am saving up for the house that gives you double Horizonthon points. I have about $3million but those Ferrari's are soooo tempting.

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else not able to download the latest update from the Windows Store?

In the store I get the error code 0x80070015 which can mean anything and everything according to my quick search and the latest Windows updates from a few days don't work as well, but there I get the error code 0x80240034, which seems to mean the download is just not available.

I can't really tell if that's some fuckery from Microsoft or if it is on my end?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What did the last patch do?

Really annoying that one of the Spring championships was locked to one expensive car that I didn't even want.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I think these Spring races are the first thing I've been really frustrated by in Forza 4. It just feels like there's nothing I can do to beat them. I'm not driving terribly, the AI just flies past me until I'm in 4th or 5th no matter what car I use or which series, and it's pretty clear no amount of perfect driving would catch me up. I'm obviously just missing something entirely but no clue what it is. It sucks because it feels like there's something on the line even though I know I'll have the change to get those things randomly later or maybe earn them another time, but when I have limited time to play and I use it up trying to figure out something with no clues... I dunno. It's lame.

Edit: I tried turning the difficulty down a notch and it's exactly the same spacing. I'm clear ahead of the pack behind me but 1st-3rd place are 10 seconds ahead. I rage quit a game for the first time in years. It literally doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game because nothing I do changes anything.

With the 3-star drift challenge, I got it after a couple hours after having not tried one before, by trying different cars and learning and tuning and such. Even if I thought the challenges are dumb, at least it felt like I made progress. These races are terrible though.

Last edited:

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
Also, don't tune it to the max possible. I basically kept my Caterham stock (just race tires and widened) and I was able to win all the races with not too much trouble.

Btw, anyone check out the new painting options yet?

I just grab the highest rated tunes and it really makes the events so much easier. I prefer the challenge without tuning against expert drivatars but the events in this season seemed more aggravating.

SPCTRE

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else not able to download the latest update from the Windows Store?

In the store I get the error code 0x80070015 which can mean anything and everything according to my quick search and the latest Windows updates from a few days don't work as well, but there I get the error code 0x80240034, which seems to mean the download is just not available.

I can't really tell if that's some fuckery from Microsoft or if it is on my end?
did you try flushing the Windows Store cache? that seems to help with some of these issues for some people

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-store-cache-may-damaged

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side I'm really glad we've gone back to class restrictions on the championships.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone on pc getting issues with the lately? I seem to be having more stuttering than usual. It's throwing me off when i race.

Dzidza1978

Oct 30, 2017
Guys I need help with achievement Tortoise and Hare, I have done the part with driving D class, now I need someone do drive D class while i am in X class, anyone willing to help?

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I need help with achievement Tortoise and Hare, I have done the part with driving D class, now I need someone do drive D class while i am in X class, anyone willing to help?

You just need to do one drag showdown in D class and another in X class. It doesn't matter about the other players. It's a much easier achievement than it seems.

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
So I don't actually bother posting much but it's that time of year and I'm feeling generous, I just upgraded to a Xbox One X and got the Horizon 4/ Motorsport 7 white edition, I already own both digitally anyway so I'm giving both away, whoever wants them the first to reply gets them, just reply with the title or hell if you want to be greedy and get both do it, I'm not sure if it matters or not but these are UK codes.

And also I know it's probably the wrong thread but I have plugged the X in it recognised my external hdd told me my settings are backed up and will be applied and it and it will now apply any updates, I am now stuck on the it's time to update screen with the spinning circle for 45 minutes, should I leave it or pull the power?

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
And also I know it's probably the wrong thread but I have plugged the X in it recognised my external hdd told me my settings are backed up and will be applied and it and it will now apply any updates, I am now stuck on the it's time to update screen with the spinning circle for 45 minutes, should I leave it or pull the power?

Any internet activity on your network?

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Do you just want Motorsport 7 if so it's yours, and as for the Internet I just plugged the Ethernet cable that was in my S straight into the back of the X, there is no issue with my internet connection.

Yes.

I meant, if there is still activity on your network let the console be, if internet shows no activity I say maybe try a reboot.

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I meant, if there is still activity on your network let the console be, if internet shows no activity I say maybe try a reboot.

I will PM you the code now and how do I tell if the X is showing activity it's just literally stuck on a spinning circle it has not even got the download applyikg update screen yet.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
There is a constant bug that I am experiencing. Every time I start the game and finally able to drive my car, i cant press start or anything nor am i getting skill points when drifting.

What helps most of the time is leaving the game and gong somewhere else on my xbox and then opening the Forza game again.

This is weird and frustrating, it happens every time I restart the game.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
There is a constant bug that I am experiencing. Every time I start the game and finally able to drive my car, i cant press start or anything nor am i getting skill points when drifting.

What helps most of the time is leaving the game and gong somewhere else on my xbox and then opening the Forza game again.

This is weird and frustrating, it happens every time I restart the game.

I have had this happen a couple of times. The one thing I noticed both times was that I started trying to hit start to open the map immediately on leaving the festival/home. I think that was freaking out my game. It might be nothing though.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
What do we need to do for the second part of the summer weekly challenge? The text says "Jostle your way to the front of the pack and with your Super GT car." Chapter progress is 0/10. Wtf does that mean?

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
So I don't actually bother posting much but it's that time of year and I'm feeling generous, I just upgraded to a Xbox One X and got the Horizon 4/ Motorsport 7 white edition, I already own both digitally anyway so I'm giving both away, whoever wants them the first to reply gets them, just reply with the title or hell if you want to be greedy and get both do it, I'm not sure if it matters or not but these are UK codes.

Do you have FH4 still?

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to have an issue getting disconnected from Forzathon live events, it's bloody annoying. My most recent one was about 5 seconds before we'd have finished Round 3.

This is a recent issue.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Also the Life of the Party achievement isn't tracking properly for me (and others online). Mine's stayed at 80% complete and I've done about 4 events since. It's my last achievement too.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I just had this happen to me. Also on the Round 3

I think their servers are a bit wonky. For the last few days I've had to open the menu and join Horizon Life instead of it joining automatically like it used to. That also coincided with the random disconnects I was getting too.

Yesterday evening, it started automatically joining again and I had no disconnects and also managed to get my final Life of the Party achievement.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I got an Xbox One X on Friday with this and Forza Motorsport 7 included.

Wow, is all I can say. I loved FH3 but this game is something else. It's virtually perfection.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
not sure why but every time I try playing online ranked, it never finds me a game. So I stopped trying and just play unranked.