• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Do the summer (winter, etc) events just change over to 5k, 20k, 50k rewards if you already have the items? Thats all I see as rewards now for all 3 summer events, and there doesn't seem to be a PR event either.

Looking forward to DLC 1, while I really enjoyed FH4 for 2-3 weeks after that the dropoff seems to be extreme for me in how much it retains my interest. While the season stuff sounds interesting on paper I'm not really sure its been that great.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Do the summer (winter, etc) events just change over to 5k, 20k, 50k rewards if you already have the items? Thats all I see as rewards now for all 3 summer events, and there doesn't seem to be a PR event either.

Nope, the events this season were all just for credits, not items. And no, there wasn't a Trial event or PR stunt this season. But at least we got class-linked championships back.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about the new seasonal championship rewards. I appreciate that they're all credits-based, but the payout seems so small. And it's going to be like this for the next 12 weeks?

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I'm not sure how I feel about the new seasonal championship rewards. I appreciate that they're all credits-based, but the payout seems so small. And it's going to be like this for the next 12 weeks?

They said the championships would have a 3.6M prize pool, so if you're winning 100k/championship x 3/ week, that's what it comes to after 12 weeks. Of you do the championships in both SP & MP (co-op or vs), you can double that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
They said the championships would have a 3.6M prize pool, so if you're winning 100k/championship x 3/ week, that's what it comes to after 12 weeks. Of you do the championships in both SP & MP (co-op or vs), you can double that.

Hmm. I feel like the average payout for a super wheelspin had to have been at least 100k. So really this just eliminates the randomness of the reward but doesn't actually increase it at all. Ah well.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if the championships can have the selection of matchmaking or convoy to do the coop and pvp.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I feel like the average payout for a super wheelspin had to have been at least 100k. So really this just eliminates the randomness of the reward but doesn't actually increase it at all. Ah well.

Lucky you... The average payout for my super wheel spins is 3 pairs of boots. I'll gladly take the payout.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
God the NSX handles like ass. On the plus side the last patch finally fixed the startup issues I had on PC.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Why does team adventure keep docking me points when I'm a top finisher on the winning team?

I just lost 11 points. Around a week or two ago I was docked ~33 points (mind, I'm at a point where I'm not being rewarded such a high point total). I've seen it randomly switch players between teams multiple times now, but this is particularly annoying.

Also, apart from reporting players have the devs made any mention of possibly penalising players who consistently and blatantly ram your car, push/sideswipe you or make several attempts to run your car off the road with various tactics?

Much of the online play remains abysmal with shameful drivers.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mirrors my experience with Ranked pretty well:

It's a hard thing to resolve when you make a racing game where there's no real damage systems, which is essentially what arcade racers should be at all times. Whether you have cars off walls, slight penalties for touching the wall (I think PGR3 slowed you down to almost a halt if you tried riding the wall), you can't do a whole lot to avoid people abusing the arcade side of the races. Ramming into a 90 degrees corner's wall at 360 and instantly slowing down instead of needing, say, 150 metres of slowing down and then taking the corner will always be more effective, and the moment you can't recover from such a crash because the game docks you like 30 seconds for it, the casuals will drop the multiplayer races altogether. People ram like crazy even in games like Codemasters' F1 titles to avoid having to brake properly, I'm not surprised Forza Horizon (in ranked, especially) becomes the ideal playground (heh) for cheesy tactics.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone?

Is this a known issue?

Why does team adventure keep docking me points when I'm a top finisher on the winning team?

I just lost 11 points. Around a week or two ago I was docked ~33 points (mind, I'm at a point where I'm not being rewarded such a high point total). I've seen it randomly switch players between teams multiple times now, but this is particularly annoying.

Also, apart from reporting players have the devs made any mention of possibly penalising players who consistently and blatantly ram your car, push/sideswipe you or make several attempts to run your car off the road with various tactics?

Much of the online play remains abysmal with shameful drivers.

I just completed another team adventure, finishing 3rd, 2nd and then 1st in what was three straight wins for our team... yet the game subtracted ~25 points from me.

Clean, fast racing with skill chains yet I'm losing points after a team win. How can this be possible?

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone?

Is this a known issue?

I just completed another team adventure, finishing 3rd, 2nd and then 1st in what was three straight wins for our team... yet the game subtracted ~25 points from me.

Clean, fast racing with skill chains yet I'm losing points after a team win. How can this be possible?

If you have a video capture, please send it me or submit a support ticket and let me know the ticket number so we can look into this.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the house that unlocks skill songs probably like 40 game hours ago but I can't get a single skill song at any time. What the hell?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I should even bother saving up $$$ for the last castle. There are so many cars that are expensive as fuck in this game.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
What are skill songs?

Unrelated, but for the story events (like British Green and Fastest Limo) will those cars in the event use your current tune if you tune that car ahead of time? A couple of those "levels" I have legitimately no idea how to make up the time difference with the cars as given.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are skill songs?

Unrelated, but for the story events (like British Green and Fastest Limo) will those cars in the event use your current tune if you tune that car ahead of time? A couple of those "levels" I have legitimately no idea how to make up the time difference with the cars as given.
You can just drive in a straight line in most of the races, there are no checkpoints.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
You can just drive in a straight line in most of the races, there are no checkpoints.
haha, I had that thought but in free roam a lot of my "shortcuts" end up taking longer so I thought that might not work so well. I will give it a shot though for some of the stubborn ones. Some of them I was like a solid minute slower than the top leaderboards so I figured there was something I was missing because I'm only reasonably bad.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've been playing on and off since launch and still have shit all money in the grand scheme things. The economy in this game just sucks and not being able to sell off all these cars you don't want without using the AH is lame.

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I won the Aventador FE just before in a Wheelspin. I saw that all the ones on the AH have min bids of 1-1.5mill with max buy outs at 20mill. Yet when I go to list mine, I can only max buy out at 600 000 with bids starting at 50k.

Did they nerf the value of the car, or is the AH glitched? Any reason I can't go higher then 600k for a buy out?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I can't beloeve how many issues I've run into with this game. Used to not be able to find ranked team adventures, now I've been waiting 5 minutes for a unranked team adventure. What is this? What the hell is going on?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
haha, I had that thought but in free roam a lot of my "shortcuts" end up taking longer so I thought that might not work so well. I will give it a shot though for some of the stubborn ones. Some of them I was like a solid minute slower than the top leaderboards so I figured there was something I was missing because I'm only reasonably bad.

Season can make a huge difference, but you maybe already knew that. Some of the events seem like they'd be next to impossible if you don't do them in the summer or dry days in spring/fall. Also, there's at least one Laracer event where in order to get three stars, you basically HAVE to take a shortcut--and not just the obvious one either. (There's also one challenge in British Racing Green that I'm pretty sure you can do legit but is just way, way, WAY faster if you take the fairly obvious shortcut.)

You can't tune the cars beforehand, as far as I'm aware.

SPCTRE

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I should even bother saving up $$$ for the last castle. There are so many cars that are expensive as fuck in this game.
I am skipping the castles in favor of, well honestly I'm not buying any cars either so I'm not sure what I'm saving my cash for D:

Edit: yet another season where I already own all the cosmetics in the Forzathon store :/

Forzathon store the new Xûr?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
4 million right now. Probably had about 10 million all up since I've been playing although it's not that much since there's so much else out lately.

After how many hours? What level are you? I took some screenshots way back, and this was when my total winnings (not counting the garage value) were at around 10 million:

forzahorizon4_047glc8y.png

This is now:

forzahorizon491oi85.png

I'm not swimming in money, and I'm still saving up for the last castle, but I can't really complain.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
The skill points - car perks - wheelpsins loop is a great way to get some quick money and xp. I do it every so often and I have bought every house in the game and have about $5M. I am also level 350ish.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
I need to go farm up some skill points. I try to use a new car at least briefly each day I play, and I end up using points faster than I'm earning them even if I'm not unlocking half the perks each time. Also I need to get a better idea of what to expect from each car because it's basically 100% surprise each time for me :P

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I need to go farm up some skill points. I try to use a new car at least briefly each day I play, and I end up using points faster than I'm earning them even if I'm not unlocking half the perks each time. Also I need to get a better idea of what to expect from each car because it's basically 100% surprise each time for me :P

Same! It is one of the reason I really like the Seasonal/Weekly stuff. They make me try out different cars and that is my favorite part of the game really.

I rarely spend many points on cars I am not going to really use much, it is not really worth it otherwise. Luckily farming those points is pretty easy and quick.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Yo, is Forza Hub not working for anybody else? The last two days I've got "Forza Hub not available. Forza Hub is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." when trying to open it. I've unistalled and reinstalled it.