• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
anyone else having issues with being kicked out of an online session after almost every race? After a race and returning to the openworld, i have to pause and select Play Online. I have also been disconnected in the middle of a forzathon which was annoying :\

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey era, new at the game, how do I properly drift? Lol why would I break with A VS L? I want to get batter at driving

And how do I progress through the game, influences and street races? I want more cars, unlock other game features like online etc xD lol

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
A very nice haul tonight.

forzahorizon41086d55.png

forzahorizon415dlcm2.png

forzahorizon416pfex1.png

All within 30 minutes, mostly through unlocking wheelspins with skill points, plus a few that I didn't screenshot, like a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the seasonal championship rewards, while the money is ok, feels like more fun getting cars and wheelspins.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Route Creator is hilarious if you intentionally make messy checkpoint systems for the AI the fuck over itself. I've made an urban track where there's a part you have to drive twice, except at the end of a straight you go left or right depending on what part of the lap you're on. This with the fact I placed a checkpoint on the start/finish line (since you effectively go over that line as part of the track but not just at the end of the lap) makes the game go bonkers. First of all, you start the race and the game tells you right away you missed a checkpoint. And then you and perhaps one other driver are the only ones who will take the correct route, every other AI will fall in an endless loop of respawning to the previous checkpoint and thus generating a giant train of "ghost cars" appearing, speeding up, only to disappear and teleport back. If I tune it right, I could create a track where there's a constant barrage of AI cars practically blocking a path with you having to time your passage between the disappearing cars to go through. Frogger 2.0.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
the one on the construction site, inside the concrete ring and on top, so difficult to reach

In general, all the boards you have to jump something to get to can be solved eventually by using the rewind function. I think the worst one for me was the one at the airfield where you have to make a massive jump with a great deal of precision, or the one where you have to drive through a concrete ring first and then smash into a board on top of a cargo container. Both of those also involved copious amounts of rewind, but it took a lot of the stress out.

(You'll hate me for this but I think I got the board you're talking about first try. A stroke of dumb luck, I was shocked. Don't remember the car, sadly.)

neotheone

Oct 30, 2017
In general, all the boards you have to jump something to get to can be solved eventually by using the rewind function. I think the worst one for me was the one at the airfield where you have to make a massive jump with a great deal of precision, or the one where you have to drive through a concrete ring first and then smash into a board on top of a cargo container. Both of those also involved copious amounts of rewind, but it took a lot of the stress out.

(You'll hate me for this but I think I got the board you're talking about first try. A stroke of dumb luck, I was shocked. Don't remember the car, sadly.)
funny thing is i had no problem getting the ones you are talking about

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
That one is pissing me off too.
if u do get it, please let me know how u did it
There's a gully nearby that's part of the "track" that runs around that place.

You start off a bit round the corner then head straight for a mound of earth that acts as a perfect ramp into the pipe.

Abuse rewind to find the perfect speed and angle.

I used a Mini, for style mostly, I'm sure you can do it with any Rally-ish car.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I seriously hate free roam rush in online, I wish there was a mode without it. Give us 5 events where it's just pure racing.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I love it, it's probably my favorite race mode online (I can 100 % see why someone looking for straight-up "real" racing would frown at it tho)

I personally just hate how I'm sort of forced to go through the woods and all and not follow the path. And then when I do it, I manage to fuck it all up where I just end up getting last.

I just really love straight racing, following that path.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I love it, it's probably my favorite race mode online (I can 100 % see why someone looking for straight-up "real" racing would frown at it tho)
I personally just hate how I'm sort of forced to go through the woods and all and not follow the path. And then when I do it, I manage to fuck it all up where I just end up getting last.

I just really love straight racing, following that path.
I love regular racing in single player, but freeroam rush is a welcome respite from the fuckery that comes with it in MP. And using the roads is actually a perfectly valid strategy depending on the car type.

SPCTRE

Oct 25, 2017
I love regular racing in single player, but freeroam rush is a welcome respite from the fuckery that comes with it in MP. And using the roads is actually a perfectly valid strategy depending on the car type.
I like the seat-of-your-pants, oh shit oh shit oh shit moments when you're going through a dense section of forest at breakneck speeds

but again, I can see why that's not everyone's cup of tea (sometimes it can get very random)

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I like the seat-of-your-pants, oh shit oh shit oh shit moments when you're going through a dense section of forest at breakneck speeds

but again, I can see why that's not everyone's cup of tea (sometimes it can get very random)

For me it's too random. Eventually everything devolves into "you win if you manage not to hit a tree" unless you stick to the roads, but it takes a lot of experience with the map to know if that's going to work for a given route or if you have to take a shortcut. Partially this is because sometimes the overland "shortcut" is actually a giant fuck-off mountain you can't climb, and as soon as you realize this your race is done, you lost, forget it. You can't tell this just from looking at the tiny route map.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they calculate gamepass users in that?

After saying that the dev seemed to distinguish that there's a ton of players who bought the game and many who are playing through Game Pass. Unless he misspoke (which is possible on a large stage in front of tons of people), he seemed to be quite specific about the fact the game is the best SELLING entry of the series so far. Of course, that can mean multiple things, for example I doubt FH4 surpassed FH3's lifetime sales in 2 months, but it could be selling at a faster rate than other Horizon games which would still make his statement true. Hopefully they'll put out some proper data down the line.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a maximum limit on Mixer influence? For some reason the last few times I've started the game, I haven't been getting the usual Mixer influence countdown, my driver level hasn't changed at all, and I don't get any new wheelspins. Mixer, for its part, is still showing influence being collected and the level drops back to 0 when I enter the game.

EDIT: Never mind, the next time I logged in, I lost some of my Forzathon progress but Mixer influence was registering properly again. Not sure what's going on but probably server weirdness?

Last edited:

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Seems that way, I got that too.

Been playing a bit of Team Adventure for the first time. I get the frustrations with it but it's quite fun. Kind if wish there was a better system for missing checkpoints or they were wider, the reset is pretty hard to come back from.

Anyone got any recommendations for cars to use?

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Seems that way, I got that too.

Been playing a bit of Team Adventure for the first time. I get the frustrations with it but it's quite fun. Kind if wish there was a better system for missing checkpoints or they were wider, the reset is pretty hard to come back from.

Anyone got any recommendations for cars to use?

4WD cars for the freeroam stuff, or at least something that drives okay on dirt. For races, it's pretty much up to you. One thing I noticed about the A-class races is lots of people like using the Hot Wheels Boneshaker car, so if you just want a quick pick you could always do that. But really, lots of cars can be competitive, it's up to your driving style and how you tune the car (or what tune you grab online), really. I've won races using the tuned Ford Focus they give you at the very beginning of the game, for example.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a maximum limit on Mixer influence? For some reason the last few times I've started the game, I haven't been getting the usual Mixer influence countdown, my driver level hasn't changed at all, and I don't get any new wheelspins. Mixer, for its part, is still showing influence being collected and the level drops back to 0 when I enter the game.

EDIT: Never mind, the next time I logged in, I lost some of my Forzathon progress but Mixer influence was registering properly again. Not sure what's going on but probably server weirdness?
I'm getting a bit of this too. I know there's a considerable drop-off once you hit a particular Mixer level after you first start doing it, but I don't know if there's any drop-offs after that. I hope not, it's the only way I've found to semi-consistently earn money without grinding for skills and buying/up-skilling that '82 Porsche.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a bit of this too. I know there's a considerable drop-off once you hit a particular Mixer level after you first start doing it, but I don't know if there's any drop-offs after that. I hope not, it's the only way I've found to semi-consistently earn money without grinding for skills and buying/up-skilling that '82 Porsche.

I think it was just a glitch on my end or a server issue. I'm now getting Mixer influence and gaining levels/wheelspins at the same rate I was before. There was just a weird period where I seemed to get 0 progress on all those things for a session or two.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was just a glitch on my end or a server issue. I'm now getting Mixer influence and gaining levels/wheelspins at the same rate I was before. There was just a weird period where I seemed to get 0 progress on all those things for a session or two.
I put mine down to the same. But there's definitely a slowdown in wheelspins once you hit a certain point, though. But I think it only drops once, now I'll get just under 1 wheelspin/hour, about 8 over a 12 hour period. That's just with some crappy Android mobile plugged into USB power, sitting there with the Mixer app open 8)

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Just wondering if someone minds helping me with my last achievement for the base game? Just need the Tortoise and the Hare achievement for completing a PvP Showdown in a D and X class car. Would greatly appreciate the assist :)

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a dufus. Quick youtube guide and I've got it.

Last edited:

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Well done.

Did all the qualifiers for the ranked and all its shown me is how shocking the economy of this game is 10 events and I probably only earned 400-300k. How do they expect you to buy any of the expensive cars?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Am I missing something with the weekly challenge? I've e-drifted like 100 times in a RS200 but the counter still says 0/20.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Wall riding in the online races is shockingly bad. I can't believe they haven't fixed it or it's even there in the first place.