• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you need easy drifts, just jump into very fast car and start jumping around with the car sideways on one of the areas with hills and few obstacles. It's supereasy to connect multiple drifts lasting an eternity. The loading screen displays stats and I have some 1.5km drifts as well for example.

Oct 27, 2017
They're going through some upcoming Car Pass and reward cars; list from GTPlanet:

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 LE

DS A DS 3 Racing

Ferrari GTC4Lusso

Hoonigan Ford RS200 Evolution

Hudson Hornet

Lamborghini Jarma S

MG TA Midget

Morgan Aero GT

Mosler MT-900S

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played the demo last night... this game in 4K HDR is bonkers... flat out the most gorgeous game I've ever seen.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk: does anyone actually care about the Hoonigan brand? Like, I realize this is some kind of co-marketing deal with Ken Block or whatever, but boy are they shoving the Hoonigan stuff down our throats.

Pretty sure it says Ultimate or E-drift. Guess only Ultimate works, I'll have to look up how to actually do ultimate drifts because I always play with no UI.

Ultimate Drift or Ultimate E-Drift. Basically, it's saying that any kind of drift is fine as long as it's an ultimate one. (I'm guessing the wording is "Ultimate Drift or E-Drift," which I imagine is where the confusion lies.)

I found this pretty easy; just find an open field somewhere and drift in it. One of the more mindless dailies, I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Been neglecting this game. Tried it out on my 4K TV but couldn't get HDR in Windows to kick on.

Anyone else who is still low level want to group up for some racing next week? Upcoming free time means I can finally enjoy some vehicular shenanigans (besides going all Mad Max in GTA online).

My XBL name is same as on here :)

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
all but one car missing for car pass. (The MT900S requires co-op trial)
Forza_Horizon_4_Unreleased_Cars_December_12_2018.png

also new photo mode features
FmzZVQK.png

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to buy Edinburgh Castle, and that's all she wrote! Just in time for Fortune Island, too.

also new photo mode features
FmzZVQK.png

Sure, but will they finally let you move the camera higher than 10 feet off the ground? I'm gonna guess no, sadly. It's the one thing I want most, either that or an actual drone photo mode so I can move the camera where I want it!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming this will be playable in about 7-8 hours, the usual timeframe for season changes, right? I already downloaded the expansion pack btw.

TechMaster

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else have this problem when starting up FH4?

I'm playing on the X, the game launches fine, welcomes me back and into the driving part of the game, but once I start driving around I get no skill scores or am able to access the map screen or menus for a good few mins - eventually if I wait long enough them menus start working.. very odd

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Anyone else have this problem when starting up FH4?

I'm playing on the X, the game launches fine, welcomes me back and into the driving part of the game, but once I start driving around I get no skill scores or am able to access the map screen or menus for a good few mins - eventually if I wait long enough them menus start working.. very odd

I don't have that problem. But I do often have a problem with audio if I return to the game after the Xbox has been off and the game suspended. My Xbox system sounds will work, but there will be no sound from the game so I have to restart it.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Real talk: does anyone actually care about the Hoonigan brand? Like, I realize this is some kind of co-marketing deal with Ken Block or whatever, but boy are they shoving the Hoonigan stuff down our throats.

I actually think it is really cool. I have been watching The Gymkhana Files on Prime and it is a really cool behind the scenes look at how they created Gymkahana 10. I love being able to take those cars out in Horizon and hoon around like I am Ken Block. The Hoonitruck and the Hooonicorn V2.0 are both fuckin awesome cars to drift around in.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched 30 seconds of the stream, digging the style. Since the DLC is out in a few hours I'll just wait instead of getting more "spoilers" out of it.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
So... the expansion is installed, but no update for the main game and no sign of how to get access to the island. Would certainly be nice if they actually did put up a start time or something like that, given that it's already past 7 pm CET.

Edit: And of course it needed a hard reboot for the Xbox to finally admit that there is an update after all. Because of course thinking that should be recognized without one is foolishness. Gah.

Last edited:

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
The treasure chests feel like an elegant solution to complaints a out the in-game economy. It amounts to giving players more money, but there's a challenge and in-game explanation for it. I like it.

Mc Kane

Oct 31, 2017
Took a few shots with the new photo mode, loving the update to it.

If I had one complaint, it's the fact that I want those improvements in FM7 now! :p
More seriously, I understand they're two different games but I really wish there was feature parity on stuff like that.

9958ac9a-4ebe-4247-9sqec1.jpeg

f94123f6-c247-4814-akpi8p.jpeg

552cf820-e826-4417-bhvebj.jpeg

a199c06a-b7f8-4d04-agvimb.jpeg

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
The treasure chests feel like an elegant solution to complaints a out the in-game economy. It amounts to giving players more money, but there's a challenge and in-game explanation for it. I like it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'll never understand why proper weather/storms are never in the base game but in the expansions. They've been doing this since Horizon 2.

Mc Kane

Oct 31, 2017
Don't forget the option to go higher as well!

One thing I noticed is that you can't take pictures with braking light on anymore, it's removed as soon as you switch to photo mode.

55288712-608a-453c-8iuexh.jpeg

bae8da5b-607b-4e98-9uqfad.jpeg

534b5e94-5096-4a93-9bcdyj.jpeg

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone using a G920? Any luck with oversteer since the patch? Still feels really bad for me :(

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Wow I messed up spending 5m credits on the house that gives you double Forzathon points. I didn't realise the difference between the expansion pass and ultimate edition upgrade was only $10. I thought you saved more than that forfeiting the car pass, VIP and other stuff but turns out you you don't. The pricing for all things separately makes no sense.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any properties to buy on the Fortune Island? When I restart the game I always end up in my house in Great Britain, I then have to warp to Fortune Island. Two loading screens gets annoying fast.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Where are the impressions brehs? I'm probably just going to get the UE upgrade now and try it out. Should have just bought it from day one...

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any properties to buy on the Fortune Island? When I restart the game I always end up in my house in Great Britain, I then have to warp to Fortune Island. Two loading screens gets annoying fast.
No properties. However the treasure hunt u do allows u to easily win $10mill which u can use to buy the castles in the main area.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
So is it safe to say that there will be seasonals to do on the main land and also Fortune Island from now on? Awesome, more oppprtunities for credits so I can afford more shit.