• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this issue but rewinds are unavailable for a bit at the beginning of the race and at the end of a race when you get close to the finish line

That's normal, been the case since forever ago. I'm talking about in general, so in races and in free roam. I'll mash Y and nothing will happen or I'll only get a rewind period of seconds.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Is there a glitch or something with the mixer level constantly showing on screen?

My level is just a shade over 15 million and it just stays there....doesn't move
Happens to me with the Speed Trap level whenever I do a seasonal Speed Trap. The box with the number of points just stays stuck onscreen. Only disappears if I switch between Fortune Island and the Mainland or restart.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Man the multiplayer stuff can be so infuriatingly bad, I don't know why they keep tying rewards to it since it just exposes more people to how shitty some parts of the game are. Saw the Lotus 2 Eleven is tied to a playground game seasonal event, fine maybe i'll just buy it in the AH and avoid the mess. See it listed for 140k a few times but of course its snatched up instantly so almost impossible to get that way, and some guy with tier 5 tuning or whatever just is buying them out and relisting at 20m all day.

Ok, auction house sucks as usual I'll just go play. Get into a game, after 1 round where my team lost everyone on my team quits. Ok, quit out and try again (what happens to the other team when there is no opposing team?) Cool, win one round, everyone but one person on other team quits! This is a fantastic experience so far. Get to 3 rounds, it should be over and I'll take the win, right? Nope, I guess for some absolutely bizarre reason playground games go to a full 5 games no matter what, by this time tons of people quitting so by game 4 its just 2 people on my team (the WINNING team, 3-0) vs 1 guy AFKing on the other team.

It only took 30 mins or so but it all felt like a giant vortex of suck.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, auction house sucks as usual I'll just go play. Get into a game, after 1 round where my team lost everyone on my team quits. Ok, quit out and try again (what happens to the other team when there is no opposing team?) Cool, win one round, everyone but one person on other team quits! This is a fantastic experience so far. Get to 3 rounds, it should be over and I'll take the win, right? Nope, I guess for some absolutely bizarre reason playground games go to a full 5 games no matter what, by this time tons of people quitting so by game 4 its just 2 people on my team (the WINNING team, 3-0) vs 1 guy AFKing on the other team.
This also applies to the Trials co-op races as well. Every time I do trials there's always ONE person that quits because either no in first place or not winning. I hope they don't put prizes in Trials or Games, it simply doesn't work if everyone keeps quitting on you.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
This also applies to the Trials co-op races as well. Every time I do trials there's always ONE person that quits because either no in first place or not winning. I hope they don't put prizes in Trials or Games, it simply doesn't work if everyone keeps quitting on you.

Hah, yes, I stopped doing the co-op trials after a while because of stuff like this. I wonder if they could find a way to mix the non-team MP into the mix for weeklies. For sure, the quality of the racing would be no better - a gauntlet of wall-riding and ramming. But at least it is more explicitly 'every driver for themselves', and so in-line with what actually happens.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is there really no other way to do the racing suit seasonal without buying a 10 million credit car I don't even want?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no other way to do the racing suit seasonal without buying a 10 million credit car I don't even want?

You could go for the amazing 2 for 1 deal and get a car you can use in that championship from buying either of the castles =D

I do think you can find either that Alfa or Bentley on the AH for a good few million under 10 though. Not sure about the other cars in the category. I quite like the Bentley myself.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused. Are there new events on fortune island? I see that there are on the HUB but when i go to fortune island, nothing is updated....is this a damn bug

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused. Are there new events on fortune island? I see that there are on the HUB but when i go to fortune island, nothing is updated....is this a damn bug
There really is no new events on Fortune island which is sad because they could use new ones on there. However the seasonal PR stunt still changes there.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
It seemed like there was, in essence, one in-game year's worth of non-PR seasonals on Fortune Island, and then the rotation stopped. They were *absurdly* generous rewards-wise - and that is with respect to a base-game that just throws wheelspins at you. For my part, I expected the rewards to be nerfed; halting the rotation was a surprise.

I've really been liking the community-track events. The tracks picked for those have for the most part been pretty good.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It seemed like there was, in essence, one in-game year's worth of non-PR seasonals on Fortune Island, and then the rotation stopped. They were *absurdly* generous rewards-wise - and that is with respect to a base-game that just throws wheelspins at you. For my part, I expected the rewards to be nerfed; halting the rotation was a surprise.

I've really been liking the community-track events. The tracks picked for those have for the most part been pretty good.

Which ones are those? they do them weekly?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Huh...apparently I already did those races on Fortune Island? I hope Winter has updated championships as well. I forget what car I used for the community championship.

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda sad the support for the game has become so anemic outside of the paid expansions. The time and effort put into those would be better used to add new stuff to the base game and map.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
It's becoming increasingly frustrating trying to enjoy this game when Playground Games and/or Turn 10 still aren't properly addressing some glaring issues with glitches, as well as problems with solo play and online competitive play.

In a single 24-hour period I have well over 750 miles driven in the Jaguar XJ220 (based on Forza Horizon 4's own per-car stat tracking), yet the game continues to show my tally as 0.12miles/20.00miles.

Nothing I do changes this from various types of continuous driving, to restarting both the game and my system.

So due to yet another glitch I'm unable to complete the Forzathon challenge. MANY of my driving team members have already given up on this game. I don't want to find myself doing the same, but the developers' handling of various issues often makes this seem an eventuality.

-edit-

Here is photo evidence of the car history, and the incomplete Forzathon challenge:

fh4_1dkj7o.jpg

fh4_27rk9u.jpg

Last edited:

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Have you tried switching cars? It's weird cos I got that challenge fine. Are you on X or S?

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
PC, which seems to have its own series of issues.

I've done other races and freeroam with other cars, later returning to the XJ220. I've also tried different types of extended driving sessions with the Jaguar, on-road/off-road/mixed, different tunes, and multiple laps of Goliath. Nothing works.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
It's kinda sad the support for the game has become so anemic outside of the paid expansions. The time and effort put into those would be better used to add new stuff to the base game and map.

Even Fortune Island doesn't give much extra content. I only log in once a week to do the weekly championships and mop up other tasks (I stopped bothering with Forzathon) stuff after a few weeks, as I enjoy the racing side of the game. I am purely a single player gamer who not bothered about cosmetics or skill points,

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
It's becoming increasingly frustrating trying to enjoy this game when Playground Games and/or Turn 10 still aren't properly addressing some glaring issues with glitches, as well as problems with solo play and online competitive play.

In a single 24-hour period I have well over 750 miles driven in the Jaguar XJ220 (based on Forza Horizon 4's own per-car stat tracking), yet the game continues to show my tally as 0.12miles/20.00miles.

Nothing I do changes this from various types of continuous driving, to restarting both the game and my system.

So due to yet another glitch I'm unable to complete the Forzathon challenge. MANY of my driving team members have already given up on this game. I don't want to find myself doing the same, but the developers' handling of various issues often makes this seem an eventuality.

-edit-

Here is photo evidence of the car history, and the incomplete Forzathon challenge:

fh4_27rk9u.jpg

I'm unsure why this has happened however I have seen some workarounds where changing to 30FPS might solve the problem. Could you possibly try this and let me know how it goes as we're looking into this.

Also if you're still experiencing this issue, please could you submit a ticket here

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The GaaS stuff is pretty weak, I pretty much just log in and finish it up in under 2 hours and then don't touch the game until reset. The shop cars have been terrible as well with ridiculous prices to make it even worse. I'm really hoping the second expansion is some amazing shit.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
The GaaS stuff is pretty weak, I pretty much just log in and finish it up in under 2 hours and then don't touch the game until reset. The shop cars have been terrible as well with ridiculous prices to make it even worse. I'm really hoping the second expansion is some amazing shit.

I don't understand why there aren't any championships.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
I'm unsure why this has happened however I have seen some workarounds where changing to 30FPS might solve the problem. Could you possibly try this and let me know how it goes as we're looking into this.

Also if you're still experiencing this issue, please could you submit a ticket here
Thanks, for whatever reason the switch to 30fps did work.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, I recently got the game, have driven about 4hrs in in game clock.

Has anyone finished the single player? How long does it take? I just unlocked Spring. Is it just Summer after that and the game is over? Or do I just keep going through the seasons over and over again?

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017

Has anyone finished the single player? How long does it take? I just unlocked Spring. Is it just Summer after that and the game is over? Or do I just keep going through the seasons over and over again?

You go through each season once, after which point the season is tied to what season it is for everyone, and that season lasts one week.

As for finishing the single player, eh, it's more of an endless game than something with a remotely definitive ending.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

I've basically finished everything in the base game and first DLC. Can't remember how long it took me, True Achievements says I've clicked 230 hours but it also includes a bit of online.

I'd say it depends on your skill level and if you challenge yourself to finish first on every route. Fortune Island makes it much easier to unlock all the houses, which you really need to do to be able to progress fully. One barn find is tied to a house and so is unlocking fast travel.

At the beginning seasons unlock based on races but eventually you unlock "Horizon Life" I think it's called? Αnd you join us all on a weekly rotation of seasons and a couple of seasonal championships.

Right now we're in winter, which is scientifically the best season in Horizon. If you really want, you can go to any event and use a blueprint to change the season and weather settings, so you don't need to wait to race in any season. The overworld is fixed for everyone though once you unlock it.

Without knowing your skill level I'd say you've got a minimum of 80 hours of gameplay, but if you go for all the achievements it'll take longer. I've played it pretty regularly since around November. The game does encourage you to keep coming back, so it depends on how much you enjoy that. I'm not massively into the online so I've mostly stopped playing anything that isn't Forzathon Live.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I've basically finished everything in the base game and first DLC. Can't remember how long it took me, True Achievements says I've clicked 230 hours but it also includes a bit of online.

I'd say it depends on your skill level and if you challenge yourself to finish first on every route. Fortune Island makes it much easier to unlock all the houses, which you really need to do to be able to progress fully. One barn find is tied to a house and so is unlocking fast travel.

At the beginning seasons unlock based on races but eventually you unlock "Horizon Life" I think it's called? Αnd you join us all on a weekly rotation of seasons and a couple of seasonal championships.

Right now we're in winter, which is scientifically the best season in Horizon. If you really want, you can go to any event and use a blueprint to change the season and weather settings, so you don't need to wait to race in any season. The overworld is fixed for everyone though once you unlock it.

Without knowing your skill level I'd say you've got a minimum of 80 hours of gameplay, but if you go for all the achievements it'll take longer. I've played it pretty regularly since around November. The game does encourage you to keep coming back, so it depends on how much you enjoy that. I'm not massively into the online so I've mostly stopped playing anything that isn't Forzathon Live.

Thanks for the responses SMD and TheFireman .

So in Horizon Life, I will just keep getting races and the game will just keep going forever? Was wondering if there was an actual 'end' to the game. Normally I'll play all the races in the game but not worry about the little challenages like speed traps and jumps and stuff.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the responses SMD and TheFireman .

So in Horizon Life, I will just keep getting races and the game will just keep going forever? Was wondering if there was an actual 'end' to the game. Normally I'll play all the races in the game but not worry about the little challenages like speed traps and jumps and stuff.

I mean, technically? You get maybe 2 or 3 seasonal championships a week, lately we've been getting community championships so they're not existing routes/circuits you would've seen. The single player ends how you want. You can decide if that means racing at every event, winning every event, levelling up until you rank up and start from level 1 again, getting all the achievements...up to you.

I honestly just enjoy roaming around, I've probably spent more time in free roam over the last few weeks than doing anything else.

A lot of the PR stunts are fun, I'll never get bored of the windmill jump, but others are fucking shit (Mudkickers I'm looking at you).

Honestly, just find the game you want within FH. It hasn't been as content packed as 3 but contrary to most I prefer the map so I've spent more time on it than the other Horizon games.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, they've really bumped the prices in the Forzathon shop, haven't they? First time in ages I haven't already owned both cars and, yikes. Last time the Fiesta was in the shop it was 200 points. Now it's 750.

Anyone after the Maserati might be better off doing the motorway race/Porsche credit farming technique and buying the 300S and unlocking it with skill points.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is it just me or are some of the checkpoints in the community seasonal tracks really hard to see? Basically staring at the mini map the whole time for some of them.

Wow, they've really bumped the prices in the Forzathon shop, haven't they? First time in ages I haven't already owned both cars and, yikes. Last time the Fiesta was in the shop it was 200 points. Now it's 750.

Anyone after the Maserati might be better off doing the motorway race/Porsche credit farming technique and buying the 300S and unlocking it with skill points.

I complained about the inflated prices a few weeks ago. Apparently the excuse is that a lot people have been hoarding points but of course that is awful reasoning.

Last edited:

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely agree. It's a massive kick in the teeth for new players especially and it's quite frustrating at level ~250 to suddenly have a grind thrown in after the game was flowing so well.

You need 1,750 points to buy everything in the shop this week. If you have the house and VIP buffs in place, you'd need to do the weekly challenge + all seven dailies + 23 Forzathon Lives to afford it all. I don't see how you can do that and be a functioning, well rounded human being at the same time.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or are some of the checkpoints in the community seasonal tracks really hard to see? Basically staring at the minimal the whole time for some of them.

I complained about the inflated prices a few weeks ago. Apparently the excuse is that a lot people have been hoarding points but of course that is awful reasoning.

Yup, because of those checkpoints I enabled rewind which I haven't used in years.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last night I got ready for Forzathon Live and the countdown said it was something like four hours away! Did that happen to you guys around 12 hours ago?

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are some new achievements now and of course some don't work.

The stories related ones unlocked when I opened the game at least.

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm having so much fun with this game! It's been ages since I played a racing game this much. Playground Games, thumbs up!

Is FH3 worth getting after I'm "done" with this?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm having so much fun with this game! It's been ages since I played a racing game this much. Playground Games, thumbs up!

Yes, there's a bundle with all the DLC that goes on sale from time to time so keep an eye out for it. The base game has plenty to get on with but the expansions are great fun.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I joined a public PVP Goliath 50 lap race that ended after 15 seconds and gave me nearly 5m credits so there is some version of that OG glitch/bug that lets you farm Goliath for tons of XP and money, not sure what exactly it is and not sure if Playground will ban people for it so something to be aware of.

FH3 definitely worth getting, I consider it slightly better than FH4 to be honest. The world/environment is fantastic.