• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Turn full damage on 👀

You know what? I'd try that mode in Horizon MP. I was never a big MP racer in Forza Motorsports 7 (just not a big MP person in general), but I regarded the MP in the game *absolutely* a waste of time, *except* where simulation damage was enabled. Sure, it didn't keep out *all* the "dishonest racers"[1], but generally when they pulled stunts, they at least wrecked themselves as well.

[1] I phrase it like that because, hey, honest mistakes are a thing, just like in real racing.

Quaker

Oct 27, 2017
INq09Hg.jpg

It honestly wasn't that bad. The hardest thing was the championship a few seasons back with...offroad buggies(?) that I found pretty much impossible to get first in each event because even if you were lucky enough to get 1st place, it was an offroad track and the "lane" was too wide to prevent the AI from overtaking. I had to settle for a series of 2nd place finishes and winning the overall series by point count instead.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just dealing with the MP stuff for the festival playlist makes it pain. Especially ranked racing.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I still have to do the playground shite and I can't stand it, it comes down to whether your team members actually stay in the game. As soon as you lose the first one, people bail and there's no point playing any more.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully that's only for 100% completion, which is only for bragging rights. You can easily get all the rewards by just doing the weekly solo stuff, maybe a weekly trial, and one adventure per month.

That recently changed, you used to need 100% to unlock the prize cars. Also they had an epic car for this one just gone.

And obviously I won it because after winning the first round, everyone dropped out and left one poor sod behind.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Trials was still a pain because too much god damn quitters. Ranked isn't as bad as I thought. That 30 second ghost window is really good and only need 1 adventure to be ranked.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Just completed an Adventure, and I gotta say deactivating collisions at the start is a game-changer! Once people have had the chance to spread out a bit there's so much less fuckery in sharp turns, it's just so much less frustrating. My team ended up losing the Adventure but I'm not bummed at all, because I finally feel it was fair.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Just completed an Adventure, and I gotta say deactivating collisions at the start is a game-changer! Once people have had the chance to spread out a bit there's so much less fuckery in sharp turns, it's just so much less frustrating. My team ended up losing the Adventure but I'm not bummed at all, because I finally feel it was fair.

They deactivated them? Awesome news!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I don't post in OTs as much as I should and haven't posted in this one in quite some time but had to pop in and ask a question. Is the Reaping the Rewards Achievement bugged for anyone here? I made a 5 Lap Blueprint for The Goliath last night and completed it with my one of my Lamborghini FE's that has a credit boost and did not get the Achievement. Looking it up and it seems to have been bugged for some while others say it popped when they did an exact 3 Lap race. Has this been discussed here?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't post in OTs as much as I should and haven't posted in this one in quite some time but had to pop in and ask a question. Is the Reaping the Rewards Achievement bugged for anyone here? I made a 5 Lap Blueprint for The Goliath last night and completed it with my one of my Lamborghini FE's that has a credit boost and did not get the Achievement. Looking it up and it seems to have been bugged for some while others say it popped when they did an exact 3 Lap race. Has this been discussed here?
I never had that problem. I did a 3 lap race with a Vulcan when I got it iirc. I forget if getting certain achievement were discussed here.

I actually enjoy random racing online now, but I doubt I'll do it much. The 30 second ghost window makes much more sane.

Oct 28, 2017
Omaha, NE
Damn I'm struggling on these expert championships this week.
That community rally championship was real rough until I was able to get a car tuned to my liking. That first race requires grip and acceleration in spades. I ended up using an upgraded hoonigan Cosworth with a bit of tweaking to improve the handling.

Second race I thought was much easier. I was able to find a rhythm driving the straights and then braking hard for the sharp turn.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Microsoft released "Forza Street" on Windows 10. I thought "huh, maybe this is like that weird Forza Apex, some sort of prototype for future forza games".

Nope, its some super weird mobile (??) sort of game but running in Windows? Wat? Completely bizarre, everything based on essentially touch type features (click, release, etc to race), the visuals are super awful, I just can't figure out why they put this out. Sure, I guess if you wanna put out a mobile game in a market flooded put out your weird f2p game and quietly shut it down six months later but taking all the time and effort to make this a Windows 10 app... why...

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah, I have no idea why they would put the Forza name on such a shitty mobile title. They have been all about quality for so long now, it feels like a really dumb move.

There are MANY better options for a Forza Mobile app/game that it seems dumb to just rebrand a mediocre game.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any tips for a newbie to improve.... 10-12 place seems to be my sweet spot lol.

Not really a car guy, but it's a beautiful and chill game. Not too interested in the technicalities, I think I have it in normal and normal auto drifting, the default, I wouldn't be the guy to do all the manual stuff

But I'm hoping I can still defeat the cpu at times lol

Making turns usually means me hitting a wall or losing control of the car. Should I break with L with b, both? When I do I see everyone get farther and farther from me

Anyhow, any tips or tip videos would be appreciated

Also, how can I check previous races I've done bad at to redo them?

Thanks

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
1. Turn down the CPU difficulty all the way while you're learning car control. The game will prompt to to consider raising the difficulty when you start beating the CPU consistently.

2. Brake with the normal brake before you need to turn. Turn on the braking line assist until you get the sense of how much and when to brake. My strong advice is to find a rival event you enjoy and practice that course until you get comfy, then find another one and repeat.

3. There isn't a lot of ability to checklist the races done for inprovement, but that's mostly because you can always redo any event for more rewards.
Leaderboards are available for every event location.

As a basic tenent, use any and all assists necessary to make the game fun at your current skill level and progress at your pace.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1. Turn down the CPU difficulty all the way while you're learning car control. The game will prompt to to consider raising the difficulty when you start beating the CPU consistently.

2. Brake with the normal brake before you need to turn. Turn on the braking line assist until you get the sense of how much and when to brake. My strong advice is to find a rival event you enjoy and practice that course until you get comfy, then find another one and repeat.

3. There isn't a lot of ability to checklist the races done for inprovement, but that's mostly because you can always redo any event for more rewards.
Leaderboards are available for every event location.

As a basic tenent, use any and all assists necessary to make the game fun at your current skill level and progress at your pace.
Thank you!!

When you say normal break, do you mean Lb/trigger or ebrake? Not sure when to use ebrake, I thought that's how you drift

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
This weekly playlist asking you to win street races in an Audi S1 lmao. Have to drop difficulty all the way down. Can't do that shit in Expert.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!!

When you say normal break, do you mean Lb/trigger or ebrake? Not sure when to use ebrake, I thought that's how you drift

Normal brake. Generally speaking, you want to forget the emergency brake exists unless you're specifically trying to drift. 99% of the time you don't want to drift. Drifting is occasionally the fastest way around a corner but most of the time you want to follow the axioms of straight-line braking before a corner, then turn in, hit the apex, and only accelerate out when the car feels relatively stable.

Once you get more experienced, you may find yourself wanting to stray from these parameters and become more expressive in your driving, and that's totally fine too. But while you're learning, get the fundamentals down.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Ignore them all, put your foot down, crash into the barriers and bounce off. That's basically what every fucking online race descends into.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How do you win at these expert races? The tunes I generally use don't work well against them, is there a specific car set up or do I just need to improve my skills somewhat?

I was a bit overwhelmed at first once I finished my first horizon season, and I'm still trying to get the hang of the game. I want to get some of these rewards for the winter season but I can get the above average rewards, not the expert ones which I want more (had enough of emotes and clothes tbh)

Also, how can I make some more credits and influence? I unlocked Colossus and pretty much only race that in my 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. Trying to afford that senna mclaren and Aston Martin Vulcan FE but I can't get to that 1 million mark for the senna much less the 1.5 million needed for the aston.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Gotta say the new Drift camera for cockpit is pretty damned cool.

Even for just hooning around the world, kind of a blast and not bad in races either

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, why do these idiots purposefully wreck their team mates in team races? People that are fast enough to win, methodically dinging all of their team mates off one by one as they pass. I've met so many of these morons now. 650pts isn't enough to beat the drivatar team if the rest of us finish p8 and down so they are just wasting their own time. Or is that the thrill? They've already done the event, so they just keep entering more to ruin it for others?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Was pretty happy with the retro supercars event. I feel like the rewards are just not as good anymore for completing the seasonal championship stuff unless you do the co op one.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
How do you win at these expert races? The tunes I generally use don't work well against them, is there a specific car set up or do I just need to improve my skills somewhat?

I was a bit overwhelmed at first once I finished my first horizon season, and I'm still trying to get the hang of the game. I want to get some of these rewards for the winter season but I can get the above average rewards, not the expert ones which I want more (had enough of emotes and clothes tbh)

Also, how can I make some more credits and influence? I unlocked Colossus and pretty much only race that in my 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. Trying to afford that senna mclaren and Aston Martin Vulcan FE but I can't get to that 1 million mark for the senna much less the 1.5 million needed for the aston.

To win in PVE expert races for the seasonal stuff, you just have to use one simple trick: once you get ahead of an AI car, it will generally avoid ramming you (from behind). So once you are in first you don't need to be going at 100% speed the rest of the way, just staying in the middle of the lane always will basically prevent anyone from overtaking you. Of course you can rewind if you fuck up and get back in the middle.

The second trick is that their logic doesn't apply to you. So do whatever it takes to get into #1 spot early, AI cars will slow down around corners and you can use that to your advantage by banging into them at full speed at the correct angle so you bounce off them into the turn. It would be HORRIBLE to do this in PVP kind of racing and you are learning super bad habits but it works extremely effectively. Just crash into everyone in the first minute, get to #1, and then its easy sailing from there.

Re: credits, make sure you login every weekend to the forza rewards site and "claim" your reward, the more forza games you play the more the weekly reward. I'm at like 350k/week which adds up crazy fast. You can access the rewards via the mobile or xbox or w10 app as well
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

Other than that just racing, doing the seasonal stuff, etc ends up giving you loads of credits. You can try playing the auction house, buying high demand cars for cheap and immediately reselling them for lots more (and some let you "get" free credits by spending car points and then resell them immediately) but the auction interface is so god awful bad its really not a fun thing to do.

In the early cycle of the forza games there are tons of glitches, like in FH4 there were glitches that allowed you to farm 10m credits/hour via glitched goliath races, so a ton of people are gonna have 200m+ credits so just try listing weird design cars and stuff for 5m+ credits and maybe someone will do a pity buy.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France

With enough practice and the right tune (I can't stress enough how important tunes are, stick with 4WD cars with high launch and acceleration ratings when you're a beginner) you can win pretty easily.

For money: if the above tips seem like too much work, make sure you do the seasonal PR stunts every season, as they reward you with super wheelspins which can let you quite a bit of cash. Admittedly I have VIP which gives me 2 super wheelspins a week and I've been playing since launch, but I'm sitting at around 60 million credits having bought every house and several 1m+ auction house cars and having never used the early moneymaking glitches. 10 of those millions are from Fortune Island though.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017

One very important question. Do you drive with automatic or manual? If you use automatic you will be way slower than everyone else.
For money, most of it is going to come from wheelspins so ranking up quickly will get you more money quickly. The forza rewards thing really helps too.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
For some reason buying the season pass and installing Fortune Island has completely fixed my freeze on startup issues.

They must be announcing what the second expansion is any day now. I sincerely it isn't Hot Wheels 2 and also much more substantial the first one. Blizzard Mountain came out first last time and it was much better and bigger than Fortune Island.

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice if we could somehow pay a fee to upgrade the FH3 Hot Wheels expansion to work on FH4, but still get a separate expansion.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
How the hell do you get the bunny rabbit outfit? I am confused, it keeps saying it's stuck at 80% even though I've completed a good amount of the content for the week. I am definitely not doing PR stunts for that but it seems like they may have locked a few things behind completing a lot of the stuff I wasn't doing previously.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to mention this yesterday. All if not most of you car skill's will be resetted come with the update. DO NOT SPEND SKILL POINTS ON SKILLS UNTIL THERE IS A FIX.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
this is RetroKrystal from the Forza forum post -
RetroKrystal said:
We are aware of the issue and are looking into getting this fixed. Currently perks will restart when you exit the game. If you do spend any points for perks, you will loose these. However you will also get the perk you've unlocked. If you don't want to loose anything, I would resist from spending them untill the fix.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, does this affect all skills we've already bought or just skills we buy from now on until it gets patched?

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I must be the only one have a stack of in unused skill points, mainly as I try and drive different cars rather that sticking to the same ones.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I must be the only one have a stack of in unused skill points, mainly as I try and drive different cars rather that sticking to the same ones.

I still boost all of my cars up by spending the points. With the right combination you can earn back all of those spent points and more in a short while. If I do run out, I just go pound the dunes in the Hoonigan RS200 for a bit.