• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does ranked work? I remember when I first started playing the game, I could never get into ranked.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
How does ranking even work? Like the more you play or what?
I think to get ranked you just have to play one or several Online Adventures, and then your rank goes up or down depending on whether you win or lose the ones you play afterwards.

I believe you only need to get a rank to validate the Festival Playlist requirement as well, so no obligation to win Ranked Adventures, only participate.

Last edited:

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
Another update: Tweet

"We are pushing the Car Mastery Skill Points bug fix in #ForzaHorizon4 today. More information coming soon on compensation plans and returning of lost Skill Points."

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, good to see quick action on this. I fell off the game a few weeks back (mainly by virtue of getting way back into Trials), and the recent updates make me want to dive back in - but not until the fix for this issue is confirmed to be out, and confirmed to have worked.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, good to see quick action on this. I fell off the game a few weeks back (mainly by virtue of getting way back into Trials), and the recent updates make me want to dive back in - but not until the fix for this issue is confirmed to be out, and confirmed to have worked.
The hotfix has been out for a few hours

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they manage to restore the lost skills by any chance?
E: they haven't, at least not for me. A bit bummed out about the thousands of skill points I spent, but hey.

What I'm not thrilled with is the compensation. 10 super wheelspins? Not nearly enough to make up for all that lost time.

The Car Mastery Skill Points fix is now live in #ForzaHorizon4. We are now working on a fix to return all players' lost Skill Points. We are expecting this fix to be live with or before the Series 10 update. 1/2

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I dropped this a couple of weeks ago, the online stuff just broke my interest in the game. Have they said anything about the second expansion pack? I feel like they're going to drag it out to E3 at this rate.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
FYI: The skill points refund patch is out and works better than expected. Even people unaffected by the bug are getting all their points "refunded."
And no new skill points are stored until you reduce your on-hand to less than 999 as stated above in #10,312.

Stories on the official forums of 25000+ refunds, so there shouldn't be any worries about undercounts.

Meepers

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my goodness I don't even....

l7r8UuA.png

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got another question, hopefully someone can help.

Got the treasure island DLC, and I unlocked the second and third treasure clues. To unlock the second chest I need to do the drifting thing, which I skipped because I can't drift worth shit (didn't even get 1 star on the first 10 attempts). I got enough influence to unlock the second clue, and I 3 star'd the
trailblazer route in the mustang using a tune
However it will not unlock the chest.

Do I have to do these in order, so must I get that drift score?

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Got another question, hopefully someone can help.

Got the treasure island DLC, and I unlocked the second and third treasure clues. To unlock the second chest I need to do the drifting thing, which I skipped because I can't drift worth shit (didn't even get 1 star on the first 10 attempts). I got enough influence to unlock the second clue, and I 3 star'd the
trailblazer route in the mustang using a tune
However it will not unlock the chest.

Do I have to do these in order, so must I get that drift score?

They have to be done in order.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
I wonder if we wil be able to keep those skill points, that'd be great.

You absolutely get to keep those points. You cannot gain any until you reduce your total to below 999 though.

I sat down last night to unlock some trees just to build funds to get my last autoshow cars or my collection and got truly bored spending just 800 points.
I have ~4000 more to assign and it feels like a chore already. Still glad to have them returned though.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
You absolutely get to keep those points. You cannot gain any until you reduce your total to below 999 though.

I sat down last night to unlock some trees just to build funds to get my last autoshow cars or my collection and got truly bored spending just 800 points.
I have ~4000 more to assign and it feels like a chore already. Still glad to have them returned though.

This is awesome then.. lol, will have to maximize my favorite cars that I use.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that crazy about any of the events this week really. The Japanese cars one was pretty good though

JMeth

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Started up Horizon 4 today for first time in months only to find that they stupidly censored the music, whose idiot idea was this. It really breaks the game for me.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped this a couple of weeks ago, the online stuff just broke my interest in the game. Have they said anything about the second expansion pack? I feel like they're going to drag it out to E3 at this rate.
Nope, I think you're right though about dragging it out to E3. Sad face.

Really wish they would lower the FP cost for the Forzathon cars. I heard about the supposed FP hoarding but I have always spent what I had each week to use FP to buy the cars I didn't own.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
The mini challenge was fun with the classic mini with a 2 L engine swap, destroyed the AI in all the races.
Started up Horizon 4 today for first time in months only to find that they stupidly censored the music, whose idiot idea was this. It really breaks the game for me.
Every time I listen to rappers delight I swear it gets more words removed

Last edited:

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experiencing crashes in tunnels and dark areas? One of the treasures is impossible for me because of the crashing.

Fixed it by turning down the graphics

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Can someone explain to me what place and what difficulty do I need to win in the seasonal event races to qualify towards winning % of the car prizes for the season?

I edit.. Placed 2nd in a championship on above average but it did not unlock.

Do I have to finish 1st in the championship? And does it need to be highly skilled or can it be above average?

Thx

Last edited:

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Can someone explain to me what place and what difficulty do I need to win in the seasonal event races to qualify towards winning % of the car prizes for the season?

I edit.. Placed 2nd in a championship on above average but it did not unlock.

Do I have to finish 1st in the championship? And does it need to be highly skilled or can it be above average?

Thx
When you enter a championship from the world the requirements will be shown onscreen. The highest prizes (which new cars usually are) are awarded for placing 1st against expert drivatars.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
The drivatars on these weeklies are mental. The Mini off-roaders just randomly swerve everywhere and I won the last Ute event by two laps after the Transits got repeatedly stuck in a container tunnel.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I got around the mini off-roaders by just having a wicked fast vehicle.

Also the online seasonal adventure can suck my dick, if we don't instantly win the losing team just quits and I'm screwed

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I actually would suggest just doing free for all adventures so you don't have to deal with teammates and just yourself. That's how I've been doing it for each online seasonal adventure.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Does anyone else with the MC12 Corsa notice in their garage that the car is too big for the tile displaying the car?

When the car first showed up in my garage after earning it it was normal size and when I left to tune it and paint it came back and now all the Corsa paint jobs and garage tile shows the car way larger than most.

The scale is off. I know a lot of cars have various display issues but this one just is egregious as the front nose is slightly cut off and I guess I'm a little ocd about it. Lol just curious if anyone else sees it?

Last edited:

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else with the MC12 Corsa notice in their garage that the car is too big for the tile displaying the car?

When the car first showed up in my garage after earning it it was normal size and when I left to tune it and paint it came back and now all the Corsa paint jobs and garage tile shows the car way larger than most.

The scale is off. I know a lot of cars have various display issues but this one just is egregious as the front nose is slightly cut off and I guess I'm a little ocd about it. Lol just curious if anyone else sees it?
I have one of the Ram offroad trucks that has it's picture too big for it's tile. It doesn't bother me that much tho.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I have one of the Ram offroad trucks that has it's picture too big for it's tile. It doesn't bother me that much tho.
Haha yea thanks for confirming, I'm picky about my garage to the point where I dump every car I get that's not on my top tier/will drive list. So yea the huge size difference between the FE MC12 and the MC12 Corsa is super obvious as they are nearly identical cars and they're in the same Championship which is how I always sort my garage for viewing.

BTW, PG needs to add a storage unit for cars you don't drive regularly so I don't have to dump them.

One more suggestion of FH5 would be to make all PR stunts, speed zones and traps keep stats by best time/score per Car. So you can go back to each one you have 3 stars on or have PB on and get it again with each car. Just for solo of course not online. But looks like solo is getting short shrift these days.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Winter Playground was so horrible. Took 3 tries just to get it done. I really dislike playground games (unless it's hosted and not rando)

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I don't do the playground games at all. I never had any interest in them. So glad they got rid of them in the online adventure and made them separate.