• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Urgh, Spring Trial is sooooo frustrating. Sure, hypercars in the rain is not my favorite, but the main issue is that you (well, I) always seem to get a few people who wipe out on the first corner of the first race, then at least half of blue team quits. The game doesn't seem to re-balance or pull in new people from matchmaking (or even fill it with AI) so even if you persist through to the end, you have no hope of winning round two as it is inevitably two or three remaining on blue team against the full strength of red team.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Urgh, Spring Trial is sooooo frustrating. Sure, hypercars in the rain is not my favorite, but the main issue is that you (well, I) always seem to get a few people who wipe out on the first corner of the first race, then at least half of blue team quits. The game doesn't seem to re-balance or pull in new people from matchmaking (or even fill it with AI) so even if you persist through to the end, you have no hope of winning round two as it is inevitably two or three remaining on blue team against the full strength of red team.

Yeah, I really want the reward car but this trial is a bastard.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Dang I must have gotten lucky. I figured it was going to be a slog to get through this one but I had a pretty good team on my first try. I guess I came in between 2nd and 5th in every race and one guy on our team always finished first so I guess that helped. won 2 out of 3 and got the car

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone want helps on the Spring Trial for the Apollo IE. I'm here to help. My Gamertag is FruitPunchKRaZy

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to get it and I'm really not the greatest of drivers. Ended up beating most of the AI though. I really didn't notice until this trial that setups really mean a lot and go a long way.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took three tries for the Trial but it wasn't too bad overall. I actually feel it's easier if people drop out cause then it's less possible points for the AI to score and usually the people dropping out were 0s for us anyway.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Awwwww yeah!!

That still took quite a few tries, but seems I had better luck on a Saturday night in terms of getting some people who would stick it out for all three legs... especially after the first one was a loss. But came back in the next two and finally won this thing!

The Apollo IE doesn't have the highest top speed, but even the base version handles like an absolute dream. With a few upgrades I think this will be the best car in my stable.

I didn't know that this is the debut for the Apollo, I guess it has not been in the game before this trial? (https://www.gtplanet.net/this-weeks-forza-horizon-4-season-change-a-spring-of-intense-emotion/). Very cool, what a great reason to do this seasonal stuff.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
What vehicle are people using for this hyper car trial?

You need to use an s2 hypercar, the only hyper car I owned was the maclaren senna. I had to upgrade it to s2 998 to be competitive, really. On the teams I was on it was relatively common. Second most seen car was Lamborghini aventador. I saw a Porsche once as well and a maclaren p1, but aside from that it was primarily the Senna or the aventador, so if you have either of those you can succeed with them.

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
Just as a FYI, I started this thread about "What does Horizon mean to you" (Kept it separate to save spam here). I would appreciate it if you all check it out and let me know the answer!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the car rewards for festival stuff now repeats? I think they are, based on a quick check of the series/season and Trial rewards (I own all the cars) but i wish there was an easier way to double check for dupes. I don't mind at all, but I don't wanna bother doing stuff if I already have the rewards for it. Wish it would mark cars that I already own with a small icon or something.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo..........

I don't have The Goliath unlocked for the weekly, and it was suggested I grind out 50 laps on Hollywood Park which is the fastest way to get to rank 20. That took about 63 minutes and just as I crossed the finish line to complete the race, the game dumps to desktop :(

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
^^^^ that's a major bummer! for me it's usually a connection disruption during the last stage of a Forzathon.

been playing the trial stuff lately. It's amazing how much a good team with at least 3 people can lessen the frustration. I got the Apollo first try last season.
This season; I didn't really care for the sweater but I want to get 80% completiton for the car and spent ~1 hour last night in two different rounds (each one is 5 sorties). Each time I could only find 3 real players and the opposing drivatars were hopped up on super AI. Today I tried again and the drivatars kept dropping out which caused us to win the championship before the end.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
This game is great when racing.

The rest of the game feels like some marketing guy really wanted a microtransaction to enable the start button to skip all the unskippable bullshit.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
I am an hour in and I've done no more than 12 minutes of racing. Whoever is the UX designer on this needs to be fired.

Like I have to spend 30 seconds with a transition watching my "influence" count up like I'm some fucking Instagrammer. I just want to race a stupid car.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Wow. They actually managed to make the 2nd expansion even worse than fortune island. Never again will i buy a forza horizon season pass

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We kinda knew about this, but it's amazing regardless, though I was hoping to see more tracks made out completely of LEGO. Those might still be in the game, mind. The fact it's releasing in 3 days is the icing on the cake - can't wait to play it!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I love love love the look of the Lego update, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fortune Island was the 'big' expansion, seen as how it was the largest expansion they'd done to date I thought?

Considering it has about 10 hours of actual content I doubt it. Blizzard Mountain was so much better it's not even funny.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
That explains why they've censored the music so heavily in recent updates.

I might have bought a few too many Speed Champions sets, so I'm totally sold on this. Hope it gets better support than Fortune Island though. Fortune Island as a locale was fine, they just didn't support it with enough seasonal challenges.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the best way to buy this on PC. I'm kind of confused is the current store going to be closing soon, and there's so many different versions, its barely clear what you get in each. I kind of just want the main game with the lego expansion.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the Ultimate edition. It's on offer this week for £48 vs. £41 for the base game (£25) + Lego (£16). For the extra £7 you get the car pass, the Fortune Island expansion, VIP status and the James Bond car and outfit pack as well.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
There is an interview with Dan Greenawalt is the Creative Director of Forza (Turn10/Microsoft) on Youtube later today (7hrs approx from now).

We're talking Forza Horizon 4, LEGOs, and all things cars. Dan Greenawalt is the Creative Director of Forza (Turn10/Microsoft). He is a fan of cars and driving (like everyone at Forza), and it's always interesting to hear how they capture the shapes and sounds of cars and put them in the game. With him is Justin Osmer, who manages the partner programs between Forza, car, and media companies. Join us in Super Chat to ask all your nerdy questions.

*There is some swearing/language in this video unfortunately, I didn't realize there would be when I posted this as it was a live upcoming stream.

*I am not affiliated with that channel in anyway.

Last edited: