• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I find it interesting that when Forza Horizon 3 had the Hotwheels expansion came out. It got praised, but when FH4 gets Lego it's shitted on.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I find it interesting that when Forza Horizon 3 had the Hotwheels expansion came out. It got praised, but when FH4 gets Lego it's shitted on.

Probably because a lot of people go over the Hot Wheels gimmick pretty quickly, myself included. I like Lego so this is fine with me but it's not surprising that a lot of people who don't and are more into the racing side of the game aren't happy.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Probably because a lot of people go over the Hot Wheels gimmick pretty quickly, myself included. I like Lego so this is fine with me but it's not surprising that a lot of people who don't and are more into the racing side of the game aren't happy.

I hated the hot wheels honestly after i played it. I liked it when I saw it. I hope it's not going to be the same for me.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For me, I had no real attachment to Hot Wheels and I'm not a fan of the cars, but the insane tracks with gravity defying jumps and loops and boosts made that expansion a lot of fun for me. This expansion is kind of the opposite, love the LEGO aesthetic/look/feel and am still into it (via Star Wars UCS sets pretty much) but I don't know that the courses/roads will be able to deliver in the same kind of way. Still, expecting some neat things with the use of the LEGO elements so the outlook is positive.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The two biggest issues for me with Hot Wheels is that the tracks were too narrow and the setting was just a bunch of plastic loops which wasn't an actual location to explore.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I also feel like i never have reason to revisit fortune island which is so unfortunate. Not sure why Playground games doesn't give us events in fortune island as well as the weekly ones on the main island. Should not be difficult

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I also feel like i never have reason to revisit fortune island which is so unfortunate. Not sure why Playground games doesn't give us events in fortune island as well as the weekly ones on the main island. Should not be difficult
I suspect the player base for FI might be comparatively small, and that they see it as more worthwile to focus on updating content the majority of people will have access to.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
The two biggest issues for me with Hot Wheels is that the tracks were too narrow and the setting was just a bunch of plastic loops which wasn't an actual location to explore.

True to some extent. But some of the events and collectables did require you to go off track and explore a bit more than just the plastic bits.

I've seen new events on Fortune Island.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
That's the last time I buy the ultimate edition looks like Game Pass will work just fine for me and I'll pick and choose my add-ons.

Was really looking forward to a proper map expansion not this Lego bullshit I know it's some people's cup of tea but I have no tolerance for that nonsense even in a fun racing game Hot Wheels was okay for a bit and was pretty cool but this just looks cheesy I want a bigger more varied world to play in

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I said it pre launch but buying the Ultimate Edition for this made no sense at all considering it was a GamePass title and like clockwork the expansion pass was 50% off before this was even announced.

You thought you were getting that after Fortune Island?

Yeah the bigger issue with the Lego expansion to me is that it mean Fortune Island was the serious expansion supposedly the Blizzard Mountain equivalent...

Last edited:

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
The issue with those "other island" expansions is that it becomes a pain to go back there so you just end up doing it all and then ignoring it for the rest of the time. They need to figure out how to add new areas without forcing you to load into it.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Man, good thing I read this thread before buying the expansion pass thing. Will just stick with my base Gamepass version!

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Fired up the game to check out the Lego expansion only to discover it is not there yet.
Turns out I have not played the game in 4 months.
Got an additional 1.2 million credits from my Business Earnings so that was nice.
Had 9 Super Wheelspins waiting for me as gifts.
One thing I thought was interesting was since I have played last hardly any other players have done the British Racing Green Story, as first thing that popped up for me when I launched the game was a diamond Achievement worth 50 points that said only 9.28% of gamers had gotten the 30 stars. I remember one part of it being tricky but that was it. I barely remember it if I am being honest.

Will fuck around for awhile until the Lego game gets released and get myself familiar with everything again. It is crazy how rusty I am and how I forgot even basic shit like navigating the UI quickly.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Forza Horizon is a stupid ass racing series (in a good, fun way!) that fits perfectly into the Hot Wheels/Lego aesthetic in my opinion. I love, love, love that Microsoft and Playground try to have some fun with their DLC and go beyond what you would usually expect from these now almost decade old franchises.

There is A LOT of classic Forza Horizon you can play. It's cool for them to switch it up here and there and DLCs are the perfect opportunity for that, imo.

People complaining who bought the Season Pass: Honestly, you only have yourself to blame. You're literally buying something without having any idea what it actually is. Maybe just don't do that? Especially knowing that FH3 already got a Hot Wheels expansion.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
B-b-but they put silliness in my serious driving sim where I can barrel roll an F40 off a cliff into the side of a house and drive away like nothing happened.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I do hope people realize it is the same game it always has been just everything is made out of legos and it is slightly more over the top. And right now it is really just slightly.
So far everything is awesome. Pun intended.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, says it's installed for me in the Microsoft store on PC, but I boot the game and nothing is showing up. When fortune island released it was automatically there. Am I doing something wrong?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, says it's installed for me in the Microsoft store on PC, but I boot the game and nothing is showing up. When fortune island released it was automatically there. Am I doing something wrong?
Sure you figured it out already but the game also needed an update for me for it to kick in. It was the same deal, showed the expansion installed so I figured that was it. Turns out the game needed a pretty big update for me as well.

This was on XBox but assuming it is the same.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Sure you figured it out already but the game also needed an update for me for it to kick in. It was the same deal, showed the expansion installed so I figured that was it. Turns out the game needed a pretty big update for me as well.

This was on XBox but assuming it is the same.

Yep, it just took longer than I expected for the download to kick in.

Expansion is fantastic. The map is great. They've clearly used the LEGO theme as an excuse to just go crazy with biomes in the map, so there's a ton of variety.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I withdraw my initial criticism from the E3 demo.

I mistakenly was under the impression that you would need to use Lego cars only to accomplish the challenges (which I could not care less about) but you can use your own cars and I already like this better than the Hot Wheels expansion and way better than Fortune Island.

Pretty cool seems a little small but there are lots and lots of challenges

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon is a stupid ass racing series (in a good, fun way!) that fits perfectly into the Hot Wheels/Lego aesthetic in my opinion. I love, love, love that Microsoft and Playground try to have some fun with their DLC and go beyond what you would usually expect from these now almost decade old franchises.

There is A LOT of classic Forza Horizon you can play. It's cool for them to switch it up here and there and DLCs are the perfect opportunity for that, imo.

People complaining who bought the Season Pass: Honestly, you only have yourself to blame. You're literally buying something without having any idea what it actually is. Maybe just don't do that? Especially knowing that FH3 already got a Hot Wheels expansion.

well said
as long as they keep FM sim and this arcade-like I am happy

Apr 4, 2019
Weird that they didn't force all A.I. vehicles to be LEGO (in the lego land) or at least have a toggle option on there. The mix of assets kind of breaks the immersion for me.

Last edited:

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, it just took longer than I expected for the download to kick in.

Expansion is fantastic. The map is great. They've clearly used the LEGO theme as an excuse to just go crazy with biomes in the map, so there's a ton of variety.
Glad to hear it.
Same thing happened with me too as I thought it had already downloaded. Not only that it froze my XBox for a good 2 minutes just initializing the download. All was eventually good though.

I also no doubt agree. Really damn well made all around.
Weird that they didn't force all A.I. vehicles to be LEGO (in the lego land) or at least have a toggle option on there. The mix of assets kind of breaks the immersion for me.
This is literally my only critique. Especially since the lego cars handle the exact same as the other cars and the only thing that makes them Lego is visually they are made from Lego's, I think it would have been great if every car you raced as also Lego's just to keep the visual look and feel consistent.
The other small thing is why are some trees still actual trees but others are not? That last one is a super, super small critique though.

Overall I think this may be the best expansion yet in a Horizon game and I have played them all.
People dismissing it just because it is Lego's are really doing themselves a disservice. It is entirely still Horizon, just the visuals are changed to be Lego.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Glad to hear it.
Same thing happened with me too as I thought it had already downloaded. Not only that it froze my XBox for a good 2 minutes just initializing the download. All was eventually good though.

I also no doubt agree. Really damn well made all around.

This is literally my only critique. Especially since the lego cars handle the exact same as the other cars and the only thing that makes them Lego is visually they are made from Lego's, I think it would have been great if every car you raced as also Lego's just to keep the visual look and feel consistent.
The other small thing is why are some trees still actual trees but others are not? That last one is a super, super small critique though.

Overall I think this may be the best expansion yet in a Horizon game and I have played them all.
People dismissing it just because it is Lego's are really doing themselves a disservice. It is entirely still Horizon, just the visuals are changed to be Lego.

we are dismissing it because its barely any content and offers little new. its like 25% the size of fortune island which was already small and offered little

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played about an hour so far but I'm really enjoying it. The new challenge system is awesome, the LEGO cars are awesome, driving through objects made in LEGO and see them fall apart into small bricks is awesome, and the whole atmosphere it oozes is awesome.

Everything is awesome.