• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
In the LEGO DLC, I want to randomly do races and stunts in the open world. If I do that, is it possible that I'll run into a situation where I've completed a race or stunt and then later in the story it becomes a brick challenge and I have to redo that race or stunt?

I'm wondering if brick challenges can get hidden like that. Or, do brick challenges get automatically earned as you do them, even if you're not at a certain point in the story?

automatically earned. you will never have to redo them

Quaker

Oct 27, 2017
The '90 RX7 with the "Summer Trial" custom tune was so good that I almost didn't mind having to replay it 4 times because my team mates kept wiping out.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I'm having constant disconnections, I can't complete any of the Online parts of the Seasonal.

Is it because of the latest update, once again?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
i still haven't finished the fortune island one, only 3 treasures and i don't think I've done the final event yet even lol. I just kinda lose interest after 10 hours for the DLCs.

I don't think I have enough forzathon points though. I wonder if I'll break 100k before the next forza game

The load times on PC are a nightmare now though, I mean the initial load. It takes a good 2-3 minutes after the first enter to go through its "checking for update" system, and now about 10% of the time it fails that and you can't do anything. Even on xbox the sync at the start takes forever. I hope they fix it, makes it harder to jump into a forzathon if you notice its 57 mins past the hour, you probably won't make it in time.

41325 FP! How did you do that? I don't think I've spent any, and I have only a few thousand.

RE: Load times, they did seem to get a bit worse. I just upgraded my PC to NVME drive, and the load times are spectacular now, its amazing how big of a difference this makes. On my One X though, load times are killer... :( I dunno though if that is because they are slower from updates, or because the PC is now so much faster it makes One X seem that much worse ;)

I'm having constant disconnections, I can't complete any of the Online parts of the Seasonal.

Is it because of the latest update, once again?

I haven't run into any issues with d/c, and was able to 100% the first two seasons of Series 12 so far. (Well, current is @ 97%, but it is only 3 more dailies left to do).

Question on Forza Horizon 3: Still worth it to get the car pass? Its on sales for like $9 CAD. There are so many non-DLC cars I'd never buy this for $40-odd for FH4, but for this price it seems not half bad.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I haven't run into any issues with d/c, and was able to 100% the first two seasons of Series 12 so far. (Well, current is @ 97%, but it is only 3 more dailies left to do).

You're lucky, I don't know why I and others are affected. I contacted Forza Support five days ago, and no answers... I think Playground doesn't give a shit. I can't have the 80% rewards because of this.

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
You're lucky, I don't know why I and others are affected. I contacted Forza Support five days ago, and no answers... I think Playground doesn't give a shit. I can't have the 80% rewards because of this.

The support team will answer your ticket as soon as they can. They are currently very busy as they have quite a backlog of tickets currently.
You could also potentially try their twitter - @forza_support.

In relation to your issue, do you get any error codes regarding the disconnects? This might be able to help

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
In relation to your issue, do you get any error codes regarding the disconnects? This might be able to help

Nope, I'm above the recommanded system requirements. The game says I have been disconnected and is already searching for another session, no error code. Anyway, I gave all the details in my support ticket (NAT, TcpIp6, IP helper... Everything I could find on Google before contacting the support).

On topic: I just began the Lego expansion and I couldn't stop smiling. The new map is gorgeous.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
The "Sampler" challenge is killing me god damn. It's for performing 10 trading paint skills in 2 minutes. This is hard af.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing the game today via Game Pass, and now I'm considering getting the Ultimate Edition. I'm enjoying this a ton and wish I had played it a lot sooner.

From what I understand, the Warthog and Regalia are obtainable through the roulette wheels, is that right? Really want to get them, I love FFXV and Halo.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I need some advice:
I don't know how to make my car win even if it is an legendary with all upgrades. The others always get quite a lead an I can't get close.
I was driving this car X 999 and I couldn't get close to the one in first place :|

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing the game today via Game Pass, and now I'm considering getting the Ultimate Edition. I'm enjoying this a ton and wish I had played it a lot sooner.

From what I understand, the Warthog and Regalia are obtainable through the roulette wheels, is that right? Really want to get them, I love FFXV and Halo.
The Warthog you can get from wheelspins but not the Regalia. You have to get that via auction house or wait for it to be in the festival playlist.

Quaker

Oct 27, 2017
I need some advice:
I don't know how to make my car win even if it is an legendary with all upgrades. The others always get quite a lead an I can't get close.
I was driving this car X 999 and I couldn't get close to the one in first place :|
Press start, tab over to the "Creative Hub" section on the right, select "Tuning Setups" in the upper right and try out the community tunes, especially the higher rated ones.

I've been playing since Forza Motorsport 1 and used to be stubborn and try and tune everything myself but now with less time I would just end up frustrated and dropping the game after a few weeks.

Now the first thing I do with a car is find a good community tune and livery and combined with turning on "rewinds" I'm at 140 hours in the game and it's basically the only thing I play now. I rationalize it by seeing the game more as a puzzle game where I'm trying to execute the best scenario minute by minute against an all-knowing A.I. and questionable physics). I still have the difficulty tuned mildly high(Expert Drivatar/ABS off/Simulation Steering/Traction Control off/Stability Control off/Driving Line off/Simulation Damage & Tire Wear) so I don't feel that bad about it.

Speaking of which, if anybody was having trouble with the Offroad Buggies seasonal I was able to clear it with the Class 5/1600 Baja Bug with the "Reaching Peaks2" tune by "waznewz".

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Hoonigan RS200 worth it to buy with Forzathon points? I have around 2.5K or so. I have the normal RS200 upgraded to S2998. I've done all of the danger zones, etc where the RS200 was great. But you can't seem to buy the Hoonigan one, is it super rare and I should definitely get it from the Forzathon store before it is gone? Or it's really not a big deal since everything is 3-starred and I have the regular RS200?

Oct 28, 2017
Omaha, NE
Is the Hoonigan RS200 worth it to buy with Forzathon points? I have around 2.5K or so. I have the normal RS200 upgraded to S2998. I've done all of the danger zones, etc where the RS200 was great. But you can't seem to buy the Hoonigan one, is it super rare and I should definitely get it from the Forzathon store before it is gone? Or it's really not a big deal since everything is 3-starred and I have the regular RS200?
If you do the weekly playlist events, a fully-upgraded hoonigan rs200 is usually the easiest vehicle to nail the danger jumps in.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
So now that the full update is out, what is so amazingly super secret that they couldn't cover winter and spring on the cast? I didnt see anything crazy...?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Press start, tab over to the "Creative Hub" section on the right, select "Tuning Setups" in the upper right and try out the community tunes, especially the higher rated ones.

I've been playing since Forza Motorsport 1 and used to be stubborn and try and tune everything myself but now with less time I would just end up frustrated and dropping the game after a few weeks.

Now the first thing I do with a car is find a good community tune and livery and combined with turning on "rewinds" I'm at 140 hours in the game and it's basically the only thing I play now. I rationalize it by seeing the game more as a puzzle game where I'm trying to execute the best scenario minute by minute against an all-knowing A.I. and questionable physics). I still have the difficulty tuned mildly high(Expert Drivatar/ABS off/Simulation Steering/Traction Control off/Stability Control off/Driving Line off/Simulation Damage & Tire Wear) so I don't feel that bad about it.

Speaking of which, if anybody was having trouble with the Offroad Buggies seasonal I was able to clear it with the Class 5/1600 Baja Bug with the "Reaching Peaks2" tune by "waznewz".
Thanks. I finally understood what to do. Now I plan what kind race I want before leaving the garage, so I get the specific tuning for that.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
There's 4 so far; Cooper S, Senna, F40 and the barn find.

I suspect we may get more although they are obviously limited by which sets are currently available. The most obvious candidates from the 2019 range are the Mini Buggy and M-Sport Fiesta WRC. There aren't any Lego rally or cross country cars in the game at the moment so they'd be perfect.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up a Logitech G920 on Best Buys labour day sale, and loving it so far. Really adds a new layer to the game for me; it actually seems to make it more difficult (at least while I get used to it) and the force feedback can make the races go from casual/chill with the gamepad to grueling with the wheel ;)

Does anyone else have this wheel and can recommend some good settings for it? I feel like it is something that needs a lot of tuning. I've been trying these settings (https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/9lwhob/forza_horizon_4_wheel_settings_logitech_g920/) and it is enjoyable, but I feel like the force feedback still is too heavy when turning, etc.

Also is there a way to disable the in-game radio / music during the loading screens? I have the radio turned off in game, but when using the spotify integration with gamebar, the music still plays during loading screens, race endings, etc.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
So I picked up a Logitech G920 on Best Buys labour day sale, and loving it so far. Really adds a new layer to the game for me; it actually seems to make it more difficult (at least while I get used to it) and the force feedback can make the races go from casual/chill with the gamepad to grueling with the wheel ;)

Does anyone else have this wheel and can recommend some good settings for it? I feel like it is something that needs a lot of tuning. I've been trying these settings (https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/9lwhob/forza_horizon_4_wheel_settings_logitech_g920/) and it is enjoyable, but I feel like the force feedback still is too heavy when turning, etc.

Also is there a way to disable the in-game radio / music during the loading screens? I have the radio turned off in game, but when using the spotify integration with gamebar, the music still plays during loading screens, race endings, etc.
I don't think you can do anything about the music during loading screens/race results.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Dipping back into Horizon 3 to try out this racing wheel, and it is really much harder to get the wheel feeling good as compared to Horizon 4. Its doable, but it just feels so right in FH4.

Replaying FH3 makes me mad about about the state of this game on PC; all this time later and it still has stuttering in it :(. It is workable if you alt-tab to taskmanager each time you start the game and set the priority to "realtime", that will clear up most of it, but then forget about streaming spotify or making gameclips or anything like that. And definitely some QoL improvements in FH4 as well... obviously the car delivery, but small things like: being able to see what car/class is needed for a race from the map, so you can bring it with you... compounded by the fact that there is no free car delivery. And I nabbed the Car Pass for FH3 when it was on sale for $5 since I never had it before, only to find that you have to download the cars one by one from the autoshow (with all of the associated animations and button presses). Maybe that experience was ok if you had the car pass on day one and were downloading a couple of new cars each week. But after the fact, its quite the time sink to claim all of the car pass cars one by one. There is more as well, but at any rate despite the griping FH3 still kicks ass... but it for sure made me appreciate how far FH4 has come with all of the improvements.

I can't drift. I played for more than 1 hour and I can't figure out how to do it consistently.
I still remember how this was so easy on NSF Underground

Same with me... I can 3 star everything else but I am god-awful at drifting. People celebrated that addition to Fortune Island to have the Need Climb and Drift Club 2.0, but for me... it was the opposite ;)

Quaker

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this week's Summer Developer Championship(Modern Rally, B700 spec). Was pretty easy with the 2008 Evo.
I can't drift. I played for more than 1 hour and I can't figure out how to do it consistently.
I still remember how this was so easy on NSF Underground
I'm pretty bad at it too. I had some luck with the 2006 Formula Drift Viper SRT10 with the "Drift Zone King" tune by Tiptronik.

I think I got that car as free DLC so the base car at least didn't cost anything?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Same with me... I can 3 star everything else but I am god-awful at drifting
I was this close to uninstall the game but I gave up and went with some races

Make sure you have the traction and wheel spin assists off
Thanks, I checked. I got a little better but not close enough to win 3 stars in some areas.

Loved this week's Summer Developer Championship(Modern Rally, B700 spec). Was pretty easy with the 2008 Evo.I'm pretty bad at it too. I had some luck with the 2006 Formula Drift Viper SRT10 with the "Drift Zone King" tune by Tiptronik.

I think I got that car as free DLC so the base car at least didn't cost anything?

I tried those cars... and well, not close enough again ¬¬
God I miss my Mazda so much

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Make sure you have the traction and wheel spin assists off
You were right, I only turned off the ABS.
Same with me... I can 3 star everything else but I am god-awful at drifting. People celebrated that addition to Fortune Island to have the Need Climb and Drift Club 2.0, but for me... it was the opposite ;)
I'm pretty bad at it too. I had some luck with the 2006 Formula Drift Viper SRT10 with the "Drift Zone King" tune by Tiptronik.
I'm using this one and Its a game changer
WKz7pKo.png

lunfViv.png

I finally feel like Lightning McQueen in the first Cars movie

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Whew, I just cannot drive RDW in the dirt, especially not with this wheel. I was trying the Porsche '73 bodykit for the weekly to win the dirt races as it said "this turns your car into a rally monster". Talk about wipe out city, the slightest loss of traction and I was toast. After much frustration all I did was change the tune to AWD instead and then easily won the same race. I'm not sure what the secret is to RWD in the dirt, but whatever it is I don't know it.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
This weeks trial is killer; every time I feel like I am doing decently well with a top 3 place, the rest of team blue is quitting all over the place. I've tried tons of times and not gotten anywhere due to everyone else wiping out and quitting. I guess it doesn't "matter" since I made over 80% in this season anyway, but still... its the only unfinished Trial I've got ;)

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Can you do the Halo mission if you get the game through gamepass? If so, can I do it immediately after starting the game?

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
With the addition of new achievements, I'm trying to complete a Festival Playlist Series, but the thing is I still have disconnections in Online play. This is frustrating, especially when Forza Support assured me it would have been fixed in the latest update:

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response!

Because our teams are now actively investigating a fix for these issues with seasonal Forzathons, this ticket will be closed as we don't require any further information or troubleshooting on your end of things. We'll post an update to the community when updated information is available! Please let us know if the issue becomes resolved before then.

Thanks for your patience as we continue working on this!

Thank you

I contacted them August 6th. This answer came September 9th (that was fast!). Series Update 14 was this week.

Fix. Your. Game.
(Or remove the Online requirements)

RetroKrystal

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Late on the train, but just got this, and is my first Forza game and first AAA game on my PC, looks and plays amazing! Amazing gameplay and audiovisual design, great world and decent story so far! Hospital Records is the best radio station btw.
As of the 4 hours I have played, it is a 9.5/10 so far!

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
guys quick question... really want to get into Forza by getting horizon 4
cdkeys has the xbox one/pc code...I don't have a xbox but do have a rig so the code should work si?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
The Viper 2013 ACR upgraded to a S1 tune is a beast, so much fun to drive it, and doubly so with a wheel setup. Good set of headphones on with that thing roaring in your ears... mmmmmmm........

Whats going on with the season though, I am totally done everything, but Summer is 88% done instead of 100%?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
The Viper 2013 ACR upgraded to a S1 tune is a beast, so much fun to drive it, and doubly so with a wheel setup. Good set of headphones on with that thing roaring in your ears... mmmmmmm........

Whats going on with the season though, I am totally done everything, but Summer is 88% done instead of 100%?
a lot of people been having the festival playlist not correctly showing the actual % done. I don't know what can be done bout it. You could support ticket it (and I'm sure they have tons of those on this issue)

teeemo

Oct 2, 2019
guys quick question... really want to get into Forza by getting horizon 4
cdkeys has the xbox one/pc code...I don't have a xbox but do have a rig so the code should work si?
Btw, there is a 50% sale on Microsoft's own game store, might be better/cheaper than on cdkeys/etc.

Also, you can use the game pass to play the base version if you want to test it more (but it doesn't have all the DLCs)

a lot of people been having the festival playlist not correctly showing the actual % done. I don't know what can be done bout it. You could support ticket it (and I'm sure they have tons of those on this issue)
Yes, it's a known issue posted on the FM's website: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360001991068-FH4-Known-Issues

It shouldn't affect your rewards though. I remember some guys' progress was fixed with latest update 2 days ago, but not for everyone (including me)

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, just started playing. I'm having tons of fun but I have literally no idea what am I doing.

You don't need to finish first to complete an event ?

Is there a reward for having 3 stars in all chapters in a challenge (luxury cars, taxi, etc) ?

Legendary cars ? What does it mean ? Rarer in the wheelspin ?

Festival Playlist is confusing. Everyweek, the season changes ? And you get daily/weekly challenges to complete ? Right, now, the " season progress " is tied to the amount of weekly challenged I completed or main events I completed this week ?

Can I manually change the season ?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, just started playing. I'm having tons of fun but I have literally no idea what am I doing.

You don't need to finish first to complete an event ?

Is there a reward for having 3 stars in all chapters in a challenge (luxury cars, taxi, etc) ?

Legendary cars ? What does it mean ? Rarer in the wheelspin ?

Festival Playlist is confusing. Everyweek, the season changes ? And you get daily/weekly challenges to complete ? Right, now, the " season progress " is tied to the amount of weekly challenged I completed or main events I completed this week ?

Can I manually change the season ?
1: you don't have to finish first to complete an event. Although if you're in a championship you have come first in points
2: You do get some things and cars, other serves as businesses (fastest rental, car files, and taxi) where you get credits for each day you're on.
3: Cars have rarity and some cars are only obtainable via wheelspins and/or championships
4: Everything you do in the festival playlist ups at certain % and are tied to those PR stunts/championships/trial/playground games. at 50 and 80% you can get a car (sometimes completely new, sometimes a wheelspin exclusive car)
5: Once you get to Horizon Life, you can't manually change seasons. Except when blueprinting a race

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
1: you don't have to finish first to complete an event. Although if you're in a championship you have come first in points
2: You do get some things and cars, other serves as businesses (fastest rental, car files, and taxi) where you get credits for each day you're on.
3: Cars have rarity and some cars are only obtainable via wheelspins and/or championships
4: Everything you do in the festival playlist ups at certain % and are tied to those PR stunts/championships/trial/playground games. at 50 and 80% you can get a car (sometimes completely new, sometimes a wheelspin exclusive car)
5: Once you get to Horizon Life, you can't manually change seasons. Except when blueprinting a race

thx for the answers !

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How can you share the design of a car than you created? I downloaded some vinyls online and designed a car, but I cant find a share or upload button