• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda bored with FH4, gotten all the cars i care about and sitting on piles of money so I thought i'd fuck around with older forzas. Gamestop for the past two years has been selling a free after rebate basic xbox 360 on black friday, hopefully they do it again this year if anyone is interested. I finally setup the one I bought last year, fortunately it works just fine. Picked up copies of Forza Motorsports 2, 3, and 4 (used) at gamestop this week and started playing FM4, its kinda wild how it feels similar to FM7 yet so different. Anyways my goal over the next year is to get 100% of the rewards for them all, so whatever the next forza game comes out i'll be maxxed out on rewards!

I'm going backwards, FM4 first then 3 then 2. FM4 gives the "most" points in Forza Rewards so figure might as well clear that first, plus it'll be kinda interesting to see how the game evolved.

You can play all the horizons and FM5-7 on an X but afaik you need a real 360 to play FM2-4, not sure how you'd play FM1 or if you even can anymore.

At this point its pretty clear the next Forza game will launch with the next console, I just wonder if its gonna be Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, or something new. Would love a Forza World game or something.

Last edited:

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
At this point its pretty clear the next Forza game will launch with the next console, I just wonder if its gonna be Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, or something new. Would love a Forza World game or something.

The next one will likely be in the Motorsport line. Turn 10 has been very open in the YouTube streams about working going on for the next mainline Forza game.

A lot of the work done on multiplayer racing rules for FM7 was prototyping for the next game. I think the next Motorsport game is going to be quite a big leap from FM7. T10 has been very honest about admitting that the AI has to cheat in FM7 (and earlier games) - it's not good enough at driving fast to beat the fastest human players so at the higher settings is allowed more horsepower than the player. In the YT streams T10 says that has to go and it has made great strides in making much better AI.

I like this open approach T10 has been taking. And it gives me hopes that the next game is going to be very good.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
How would that be different to Horizon in your mind?

Not huge changes but at a minimum

- multiple cities and you can hop around between them
- more city based, bigger cities (Tokyo, Rio, LA, Shanghai, etc)
- massive online presence. Instead of the current 4-8 players that you kinda see around you and up to 64 players (but you don't really "see" most of them) its hundreds of players per server, can jump into events, and a lot more new multiplayer.

Instead of the current forzathons for example, I'd rather have something which is a cops vs racers event every 30 mins which is similar to battle royales - 100 players start in a big map, players try to steal cash and cops try to bust players. I'm sure you can come up with a dozen events like that, you'd run for fun and forza points.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uhm I had no idea they were adding the Divo and it appears I've missed it...I also have an issue where the latest cars aren't even showing for purchase, I can't see the koenigsegg that was added, there's no update for my game what gives?

is there any way to get the Divo? I searched the auction house and nothing showing there .

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
Divo was a reward in the last season which ended yesterday. I think it was for 50pct completion or something but dont quote me on that. Since its new not a lot of people are selling it yet...
Not sure i get what you are asking but those added koenis are also season rewards so no you cant buy them in the festival store.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Divo was a reward in the last season which ended yesterday. I think it was for 50pct completion or something but dont quote me on that. Since its new not a lot of people are selling it yet...
Not sure i get what you are asking but those added koenis are also season rewards so no you cant buy them in the festival store.

Ah I thought they were new dlc cars

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
They keep introducing new cars - then hiding them behind time consuming seasonal events.

It's annoying because I don't necessarily have the time to do all these events each week.
And it's annoying for my kids because they don't have the skills to earn these new cars.

I feel this goes against the previous philosophy of Forza Horizon.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They keep introducing new cars - then hiding them behind time consuming seasonal events.

It's annoying because I don't necessarily have the time to do all these events each week.
And it's annoying for my kids because they don't have the skills to earn these new cars.

Yeah it does indeed.

It's annoying because I haven't played in ages so not up on all the changes

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
How the hell do I stop the game from downloading a cloud save on PC?

I want to start again (played it a bit months ago, have no idea what I'm doing, didn't get very far want to start again), but everytime I reset the game in settings it automatically downloads a cloud save file so I can't delete my progress. If I go offline it still tries to download the file and then won't run at all...

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game during the sale, missed a metric ton of cars already but at least I didn't have to deal with launch issues.

So far I really liked the game, though it's not flawless, what the hell have they done to the multiplayer? This team crap is absolutely awful, what were they thinking, jesus. AH is really, really slow so if you're bidding on a popular car better get ready to deal with "Bidding failed" a lot. Seasons are cool for 10 minutes, then you have to do a mission in the rain / snow and something that could be hard turns into almost impossible. The sound seems... odd? But I honestly couldn't care less about that.

The game itself is pretty great, the driving is nice, the cars look awesome, the events are amazing (Top Gear, LaRacer - my favorite -, Stunt double, Upgrade heroes, British racing green - another one that's top notch -, etc), they nailed them, even though the 3 star times are wildly inconsistent, some are almost impossible while others are a massive joke.

Even though this might look like a negative view, all in all FH keeps being the best racing franchise of this generation to me, and I can't wait to see where they're going in 5 (Japan you cowards).

Last edited:

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN

Yeah it does indeed.

It's annoying because I haven't played in ages so not up on all the changes

Yup, I agree. I really wanted the McLaren 600LT they announced but I was busy that week and couldn't get it. So now I am just SOL, it is not on the auction house or anything. Super shitty.

It is literally why I don't play anymore. Every time I go to start it up, I see all the crazy shit and just turn it off and play something else.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao.

But NFS Heat is the best Need For Speed of the generation, and Forza Horizon games aside I'm not sure there's a better open world racing game of that caliber this generation. The Crew 2 maybe, but that game's races were rather unexciting, the best part was morphing into an airplane or a boat.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You better bet your ass that if not the OG Supra, another fan favorite Toyota will end up as a Forzathon prize (and I'll probably miss it since I will be traveling). Inb4 AE86.

Meh.

EDIT: Fuck having to use those hoonigans pieces of trash that can't turn. If I wanted to drift I'd use a formula drift car, if I wanted to race I'd use a race car.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the right thread to talk about eliminator mode?

I really like it, but the racing is a bit pot luck based on who hits a tree...

What do you all make of it?

Last edited:

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I'm downloading it at the moment. I played a *ton* of FH4 when it came out, but never cared for the multiplayer much. Fell off the game when they rolled in the big change to the seaonal stuff. But hey, free update, so I should at least check it out. I would have done it already, but I instead spent the evening polishing off the last event needed to totally 100% the 'campaign' of FM7 (including DLC).

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm downloading it at the moment. I played a *ton* of FH4 when it came out, but never cared for the multiplayer much. Fell off the game when they rolled in the big change to the seaonal stuff. But hey, free update, so I should at least check it out. I would have done it already, but I instead spent the evening polishing off the last event needed to totally 100% the 'campaign' of FM7 (including DLC).
Hmmm if you like "proper" circuit racing then you might not like the "scramble to the point through the trees" style of eliminator....everything else about the mode is brilliant though!

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
You know what? It is pretty damn fun. My main thing with MP in Forza is that I'm generally into 'real racing'. That is, racing well, being respectful, acknowledging track limits, not ramming, etc. *But*, I do have time for modes that lean into the chaos - where the chaos is the *point*. Its why Forza MP usually makes me mad, whereas Wreckfest MP is a sublime good time. Admittedly only a few rounds, but I feel like this new mode splits a similar difference.

You can 'get gud' at this mode, but also charging round the map, beeping people, and racing a bit dirty is the point, and as the mode is structured around that, it is fun, and not annoying.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Hmmm if you like "proper" circuit racing then you might not like the "scramble to the point through the trees" style of eliminator....everything else about the mode is brilliant though!

Hah! Bearing in mind I posted my initial points before seeing your reply... You've got a pretty damn good read on what I generally want from a racing game, to be sure. I lean into the 'it is the point' aspect. Unlike the free-roam rush stuff[1], and the trials and whatnot, this mode is *about* the chaos, and that helps me get into the right frame of mind.

[1] One can argue that free-roam rush is about choas, but for me, it is more that it introduces chaos into what is otherwise 'real racing'. It never sat well with me as padding between 'actual races'. So cut out the 'real racing', and structure the mode around charging wildly around the map. I know you are supposed to beep the horn to initiate challenges, but in this mode, I find 'full ramming speed' sends a clear message also ;-)

Edit 2, edit harder: 'On ramming speed'... It *especially* sends a clear message when you ram someone out of a 'car drop', which is a *super* jerk move, but again, the mode seems structured around such hijinks.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hah! Bearing in mind I posted my initial points before seeing your reply... You've got a pretty damn good read on what I generally want from a racing game, to be sure. I lean into the 'it is the point' aspect. Unlike the free-roam rush stuff[1], and the trials and whatnot, this mode is *about* the chaos, and that helps me get into the right frame of mind.

[1] One can argue that free-roam rush is about choas, but for me, it is more that it introduces chaos into what is otherwise 'real racing'. It never sat well with me as padding between 'actual races'. So cut out the 'real racing', and structure the mode around charging wildly around the map. I know you are supposed to beep the horn to initiate challenges, but in this mode, I find 'full ramming speed' sends a clear message also ;-)

Edit 2, edit harder: 'On ramming speed'... It *especially* sends a clear message when you ram someone out of a 'car drop', which is a *super* jerk move, but again, the mode seems structured around such hijinks.
Yeah this makes sense :) I need to play it some more to see how the chaos plays out.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to FH4 for eliminator mode and to test out my new TV - the HUD appears to be bugging out while driving, similar to this gif I found when trying to search for a fix. I'm playing on an Xbox One X, and it happens in both 60FPS and 30FPS mode... anyone else encountered this?

EDIT: It's not autoplaying, try clicking on the image to see the glitch or click here https://imgur.com/Jz3GBRl

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ok can someone answer this question for me please?

How the fuck are you supposed to know the qualifying cars for THE TRIAL without starting it first and quitting? If you press start and then see the qualifying brands of cars, that's great, but what about the classes? How can you tell. This UI is so bizzare.

Edit nevermind. You have to go-to the map and highlight it to see full restrictions...

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eliminator is fun but a bit too much luck-based even for a Battle Royale.

EDIT: Aaaaand I've found the first hacker 3 matches in. I straight up crashed into him when he challenged me to block him from overtaking me, but he somehow teleported some 500 metres in front of me on a straight line. Amazing.

Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Eliminator update the 75 GB update or is that something else - because that's a HUGE update.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I'm deciding whether or not I should bother jumping back into this game. I loved the main game, and the two dlc expansions. Is the new content / are the new achievements in the Anniversary update and Eliminator update equal to the new adventures we saw in Fortune Island and LEGO DLC? Meaning is there a new land mass with new collectibles and race championships and whatnot, and a mini storyline, etc. If not, I think I will not bother. Game is still one of the games of the gen but I kind of only want to jump back in for stellar content on the same level of LEGO dlc or Fortune Island.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm deciding whether or not I should bother jumping back into this game. I loved the main game, and the two dlc expansions. Is the new content / are the new achievements in the Anniversary update and Eliminator update equal to the new adventures we saw in Fortune Island and LEGO DLC? Meaning is there a new land mass with new collectibles and race championships and whatnot, and a mini storyline, etc. If not, I think I will not bother. Game is still one of the games of the gen but I kind of only want to jump back in for stellar content on the same level of LEGO dlc or Fortune Island.

There haven't been any additions of similar size and scope to the two DLCs; there may have been businesses and stories added since you last played, but no new land masses or the like. The Eliminator is perhaps the most substantial single addition, the rest has been iterative. Many new cars, of course.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
There haven't been any additions of similar size and scope to the two DLCs; there may have been businesses and stories added since you last played, but no new land masses or the like. The Eliminator is perhaps the most substantial single addition, the rest has been iterative. Many new cars, of course.

thanks for answering ! I likely won't return, because although the eliminator appears quite substantial, I'm not interested in battle Royale.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
The new cars and weekly challenges/championships keep me coming back once a week for a couple hours, but the days of this being my main game have been over for a while. Still worth revisiting from time to time though :)

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So now that my PC can run it, im interested in FINALLY scratching that racing/Burnout Paradise itch in Forza

But im curious, is this the best forza? The seasons sound so cool to me.

What has the best map? Races? Events/modes? Car handling? I dont care much about online play.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that my PC can run it, im interested in FINALLY scratching that racing/Burnout Paradise itch in Forza

What has the best map? Races? Events/modes? Car handling? I dont care much about online play.

I don't know if it's the best Forza because that's down to your preference between sim/Motorsport aspects and free roaming bitesized missions of varying terrain- but both scratch the collector and car love itch.

FH4 is a fantastic way to tour a kind of little (but still VAST and hugely varied) Britain. And it has seasons and weather as in snow, autumn etc.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's the best Forza because that's down to your preference between sim/Motorsport aspects and free roaming bitesized missions of varying terrain- but both scratch the collector and car love itch.

FH4 is a fantastic way to tour a kind of little (but still VAST and hugely varied) Britain. And it has seasons and weather as in snow, autumn etc.

to clarify im only interested in horizon. so im more curious between FH3 and FH4.

I keep hearing FH3 is the better game/map. But FH4 is the better graphics and it has seasons

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger

I think the first Forza Horizon is still the best one. For as much as I enjoyed the gameplay in 4, I hated the slot machine progression system that made it way more difficult than it should be to drive the cars I want to drive. Also the first one at least has a story, albeit an incredibly shallow one, they at least did something. But I don't think the first game is on PC...

If you are just looking for gameplay there is a lot to keep you entertained in Horizon 4. I know the drift challenges in particular were the most fun I had with that game. The car handling is in-between "push L2 to drift" arcade racers and the hardcore sims. The cars in Horizon 4 can still totally be thrown around like you are in Fast and Furious, but they can and will spin out too if you aren't careful.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
to clarify im only interested in horizon. so im more curious between FH3 and FH4.

I keep hearing FH3 is the better game/map. But FH4 is the better graphics and it has seasons
Definitely has the best graphics, albeit FH3 still looks pretty great. The seasons are fantastic for the first few runs, but honestly, they feel kinda gimmicky now. The handling is also by far the easiest in this one, so if you just want a casual racer with great eye candy - hands down the best option. I put in quite a few hours when the game first launched, but nowadays I don't touch it unless a friend needs help with weekly challenges.

FH3 (and 2, on Xbox) still has my attention to this day, I just very much prefer the map there, which is kind of make it or break it. I have no interest in English landscapes, so I got bored pretty quick of FH4 in that regard. Also, kind of biased due to my need for speed, but I spent so much more time on the hot wheels dlc (FH3) compared to the lego one (FH4).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely has the best graphics, albeit FH3 still looks pretty great. The seasons are fantastic for the first few runs, but honestly, they feel kinda gimmicky now. The handling is also by far the easiest in this one, so if you just want a casual racer with great eye candy - hands down the best option. I put in quite a few hours when the game first launched, but nowadays I don't touch it unless a friend needs help with weekly challenges.

FH3 (and 2, on Xbox) still has my attention to this day, I just very much prefer the map there, which is kind of make it or break it. I have no interest in English landscapes, so I got bored pretty quick of FH4 in that regard. Also, kind of biased due to my need for speed, but I spent so much more time on the hot wheels dlc (FH3) compared to the lego one (FH4).
Would PC have access to mods to make FH3 look pretty as FH4? I guess FH3 will be what I get.