• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
It has been one week since we launched Forza Horizon 4 and we are humbled by the overwhelmingly positive feedback we continue to receive from players around the world. We are proud to say that in this first week alone, there are currently two million players driving around Forza Horizon 4's Britain. On behalf of everyone at Playground Games, thank you for supporting Forza Horizon 4 and making the game such a success!

With such incredible global engagement with Forza Horizon 4, the game is now the highest-rated Xbox exclusive of this generation* and Forza continues to be the best-selling racing franchise of this console generation**. We also want to share some fun stats with you from the community
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/10...layers-in-its-first-week/#spX7dIAd4Xr6l1hR.99

More info in the link about other statistics

Aug 23, 2018
Awesome game. FH3 had long legs too, so I expect this number to grow with each DLC release

Edit: tried to post before the GamePass/sales comments!

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I'm saying is that if the car lineup had featured British icon BRUM, they might have cracked three million already.
latest

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
The stats I gave in the other thread must've lost track of a good chunk due to the technique of monitoring player numbers through player leaderboards, but if they are counting from Oct 2nd and not from Sept 28th (when the Ultimate Edition actually released) then it was close enough to be relevant.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yes this makes more sense than that leaderboards thread. Well deserved to MS and PG the game looks fantastic. Most important of all it'll have some serious legs as well.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Game is fantastic. It's well deserved for sure. Two of my friends that haven't bought a racing game in years picked up copies off my recommendation and they love it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We will probably never know. MS doesn't release that information any more.
Do we have any idea how the sales/players split is for any of the first party MS titles post GamePass ?

Guess its performance on NPD will help to share some light on the sales.
you just had to wait for 3 more posts after yours :

So because its MS Sales-Era cant be interested in sales anymore ?
Great to see them reaching 2m players, i still wanna know how much it sold.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Yes this makes more sense than that achievement thread. Well deserved to MS and PG the game looks fantastic.
It was about the players leaderboards, but if they are counting from Oct 2nd then the stats were very close. If they are counting from Sept 28th then it was a bit off.

(I was counting from Sept 28th)

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just clap your hands now~

MS doesn't care about that much anymore so you won't get those numbers ever

They are all in on player numbers vs sales numbers

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I've been without my Xbox One for a few weeks because of some house repairs and shit being everywhere... this game is sitting on a shelf taunting me.... Just got everything fixed and re-hooked back up yesterday and I am READY TO PLAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS.

Cannot wait... 2,000,001!

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
We could see from the leaderboard data that the amount the Ultimate Edition owners are up (compared to FH3 UE owners in the same timeframe) about the same amount as the overall players. I know, no hard data at all, but a small hint that Game Pass might not have as huge an impact as most, me included, thought it has.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
A world class studio with first class talent. PG games and MS deserve all the success. Well done and great job.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely well earned. This is my first Horizon game, and I'm already falling in love with it. Probably gonna be in my Top 5 this year.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Outstanding news! What makes it even more remarkable is that this is a racing game with this much success! Bring on their next new game :)

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Continued pattern of system warring
And I thought 'sees' in the title was a typo ^^ Too bad we don't get any sales numbers anymore from MS. Welp, at least we still get them from Sony. Spider-Man update this week, as it seems =)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We could see from the leaderboard data that the amount the Ultimate Edition owners are up (compared to FH3 UE owners in the same timeframe) about the same amount as the overall players. I know, no hard data at all, but a small hint that Game Pass might not have as huge an impact as most, me included, thought it has.
Im not doubting that the game is performing great - GamePass included or not, its their big exclusive for this fall season after all and looks amazing.
Just interested to know what the split looks like nowadays between their different ways to play/obtain the game on 2m base.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Everybody wants to know. But by now it feels kinda redundant to ask in a MS blogpost thread, don't you think? Microsoft doesn't release those numbers, so you'll have to rely on NPD and GfK.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Game is fantastic so well deserved. Between gamepass and the post launch support I think this game will have extremely good legs.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Taht's lower than SoT which is surprising. Still a success though, so congrats

Not sure:

Forza Horizon 4:
We are proud to say that in this first week alone, there are currently two million players driving around Forza Horizon 4's Britain.

Sea of Thieves, launched on March 20th, this Xbox Wire post is from March 28th:
The worldwide excitement for Sea of Thieves has made it the fastest-selling first-party new IP of this generation. Having witnessed more than a million players on launch day, our community continues to grow and now has more than two million players.

This text doesn't tell me which one had more players.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Good job MS for GamePass and PlayGround for providing the best racer this generation. I upgraded to the Ultimate Edition and have no regrets. Hope more players join in.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody wants to know. But by now it feels kinda redundant to ask in a MS blogpost thread, don't you think? Microsoft doesn't release those numbers, so you'll have to rely on NPD and GfK.
I dont follow MS that closely, so whenever a performance related thread comes up i try to ask if we there is more info about the performance of their games outside of the XYZ player...every little bit helps to understand where the sales/numbers are coming from.

Sadly that doesnt seem to be the case.