• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Over 900k now

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
According to the in-game player count. Keep in mind this is all premium access only, which is the $100 game edition or $50 ($45 if you have GP) premium bundle separately. The game won't be available to play on GamePass or the $60 regular standard version until it officially releases on Tuesday (the 9th). It will probably hit 1M by the 9th.

To put it in perspective, FH4 had 480k sales in one week

FDePYOJWYAAOeFj

EDIT. Over 900k now

FDi9SskXIAEZADC

EDIT:

FDl9WwZWUAEAjsR

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't think officially is the word you're looking for here but it's still very impressive the game is about to hit 1 million players which would be only people dedicated enough to spend $100 on the premium edition (or choosing to pay $45 instead of waiting with Game Pass)

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if everyone that has bought it so far are people that don't have Game Pass?

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
According to Microsoft, Forza Horizon 4 had 2 million players in its first week FWIW. That includes Game Pass subs.

news.xbox.com

Forza Horizon 4 Sees Two Million Players in Its First Week - Xbox Wire

It has been one week since we launched Forza Horizon 4 and we are humbled by the overwhelmingly positive feedback we continue to receive from players around the world. We are proud to say that in this first week alone, there are currently two million players driving around Forza Horizon 4’s...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I was gonna wait for an eventual 1TB Series S, but I might be out here this Black Friday trying to get the current Series S to jump on Forza.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
According to Microsoft, Forza Horizon 4 had 2 million players in its first week FWIW.

news.xbox.com

Forza Horizon 4 Sees Two Million Players in Its First Week - Xbox Wire

It has been one week since we launched Forza Horizon 4 and we are humbled by the overwhelmingly positive feedback we continue to receive from players around the world. We are proud to say that in this first week alone, there are currently two million players driving around Forza Horizon 4’s...
I imagine this will be smashed easily. FH4 wasn't day 1 on game pass, no? edit: duh no it was according to that post. I thought maybe this was just before they announced day 1 first party launches

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you get both expansions and some other junk I didn't care about (extra cars etc). The Horizon expansions are usually quite good and I used some Microsoft Rewards so it only cost me $25... Felt pretty worth it :)
Oh yeah, FH expansions are always good. That's a safe purchase for sure. I thought you had to buy the actual game to get it early. That's cool.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 while waiting and it cant connect to the network, I guess Ill wait for the plebeian version release date

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I imagine MS will be doing a lot more of the "Buy this at a reduced price for early access + DLC" after this.
if that Halo Infinite early access leak/rumor/speculation pans out I would bet it follows a similar situation. Maybe some sort of battle pass + cosmetics bundle thing for early access. Future titles like The Outer Worlds 2 and other Starfield for sure.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could play this weekend, but not enough to buy the premium content.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Even better in Europe where you can buy directly from the Iceland store for €28.

Or for the countries where MS rewards is active can always use that for this stuff.
I don't think I've ever used MS rewards. I'm too lazy to check and I'm sure I've banked a ton haha

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to it but i will not spend 45+ to access it a few days early when I'm already paying $15 per month

Paying $45 just for early access would be silly, but that isn't what this is. I bought the $45 pack for the two expansions I already always buy any way and the included car pass/drift pass. The VIP membership/early access is just a bonus.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I really want to play it now

But I also really don't want to deal with the Windows Store.

Gavatron

Unshakable Resolve
May 23, 2019
Waiting for the GP release so will be a +1 soon, but I'm planning to buy the disc version down the track.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yes. Just Google FH5 premium add on bundle or look it up in the Xbox app or steam
Oh ok, I think I seen that in the Xbox app. But I thought it was just the season pass. Add me too the list then!!

I'm bout to get lit and lose every race lol.
This wouldn't work for Steam, you'd just be buying the $100 premium edition at that point.
I just pulled up the Xbox app on PC. Do I get it there or steam? Sorry not used to PC.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I just pulled up the Xbox app on PC. Do I get it there or steam? Sorry not used to PC
If you have Game Pass for PC, then you need to buy the Premium Add Ons Bundle from the Microsoft Store/Xbox App for $45.

If you don't have Game Pass, you can buy the Premium Edition on Steam for $99 and start playing now.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
If you have Game Pass for PC, then you need to buy the Premium Add Ons Bundle from the Microsoft Store/Xbox App for $45.

If you don't have Game Pass, you can buy the Premium Edition on Steam for $99 and start playing now.
Good call I totally spaced on that. Yeah it's the add on for game pass subs. Steam needs the full premium edition with base game

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest