• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 4, 2018

FH4 trajectory :
  • Launch week (October 2018) - 2 million
  • January 2019 - 7 million
  • June 2019 - 10 million
  • August 2019 - 12 million
  • November 2020 - 24 million total players
  • (Steam release March 2021)
10 million mark:
  • FH5: ~1 week
  • FH4: 8 to 9 months
  • FH3: 2 years

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Forza was strictly a racing game, finding out it's more of a vehicle sandbox and trying out FH4 on gamepass made FH5 extremely appealing as someone who usually doesn't like racing games but loves driving in games. Played 4 hours of it last night and had a blast.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure some will wonder so, to answer, that first week of FH4 was the early access period plus one whole week.

Four days early access plus one week of FH4 = 2m players
Four days early access plus day one of FH5 = >3m

It's gonna absolutely destroy FH4 in 7 days.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some will wonder so, to answer, that first week of FH4 was the early access period plus one whole week.

Four days early access plus one week of FH4 = 2m players
Four days early access plus day one of FH5 = >3m

It's gonna absolutely destroy FH4 in 7 days.

Did FH4 launch on Gamepass too or was it before Gamepass existed?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Look at what happens when a publisher combines a great game with a good subscription service and with a refined hardware. Day is far from over too, might actually hit 4million.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
giphy.gif

...Or...will be. Just as soon as it finishes installing...

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Big dub for Playground.

The $100 premium edition of the game is ranked only lower than CoD in the top paid section of the Xbox store.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Starting in a few hours once the kids are in bed so another +1, really happy to see this doing so well.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I'd assume it says quite a bit more about Game Pass adoption than the FH brand itself, but good for the game nonetheless.

EDIT: As I'm getting quoted in so many posts, I'll clarify that I'm talking about the growth from 4 to 5, not the sheer number of players. Of course FH is a big brand, but I'm saying that the delta between both games is probably closely related to the ecosystem and its evolution those past 3 years.

No need to be so defensive and trollish about it. I'm level 77 in the game currently and have purchased the premium add-on to play early, so it's not like I want to diss the game in any form.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the full launch either. And Xbox view of PC as first class citizens paying off (day 1 release). Game is a juggernaut for a racer.

Oct 12, 2020

Looks likely. Every time I'm near the Horizon Festival site I drive in and check out the Hall of Fame leaderboards. Seems like the player count jumps up by a 100k or so. Absolutely nuts. Congrats to Playground and Xbox. This is type of "phenomenon" sort of game event that was needed to propel Xbox forward in terms of mindshare, in my opinion. The positive word of mouth about this game is already running rampant in the digital sphere.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass in 2021 is a much stronger brand than it was back then. Even though it existed, it wasn't the ubiquitous subscription it is today.

Launched on Game Pass as well.

Launched on Gamepass. Steam launch came last year though.

Allright, then it is quite comparable and probably a sign of great reviews and Gamepass having exponential growth both :D

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Sheesh. I wonder what the servers are like at the moment. I kind of gave up and decided to play solo recently, as the servers still seemed like they were on fire. That said, it's nice to see so many new people enjoying the game.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely hop on at some point in the next couple days, so you can add one more to that count. Pretty cool to see this series grow, the success is very well deserved.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
The majority of the US is at work and school right now, lol.

Wonder what the numbers will be tonight...

Don't they know it's actually day five 😔

Anyway, good stuff, continues to be one of the best driving/racing games

The game launches today. All previous players dropped money on the $100/$40 Game Pass Package.

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Don't they know it's actually day five 😔

Anyway, good stuff, continues to be one of the best driving/racing games

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Did FH4 launch on Gamepass too or was it before Gamepass existed?

It did, but gamepass wasn't as massive as it is now and it also wasn't on PC.

Those are still freaking awesome numbers, but i am also not surprised at all. FH games have been great and gamepass is even greater. You are gonna see similar or even bigger numbers on other Xbox studios titles in future.