LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey I'm in that stat. Didn't play it anywhere near as much as I did FH3 or FH4 but I'm in there.

Big grats to Playground Games

Vexxan

Oct 28, 2017
Still playing the weekly/seasonal races every week with my friends, still having fun!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft biggest franchise until they own cod. Amazing how large this series has grown.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Is Horizon the most popular racing series out right now?

There is all the EA stuff and mario kart along with GT.

MK8 is the best selling switch game ever, but Forza has had multiple games.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
This is the Horizon I feel like I would of liked the most and has the least playtime of the last 3 for me :( love Mexico and it's culture but it just doesn't slap the way 3 and 4 did? Maybe just burned out?

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Huge but not surprising. I can't think of another franchise that has held such a high quality bar for so long. Every entry is a GOAT-worthy game. They've had small tech issues over the years of course (multiplayer connectivity is the main issue), but otherwise the games are supremely polished, fun to play, very stylish, content rich and extremely beautiful. Also, properly offline playable single player campaign...which is never a given in modern games sadly.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Forza Horizon getting a shoutout in the turtles movie kind of reminded me it's the premier racing franchise now. Good on Playground. Between this and Fable it's crazy how far they've come.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Fable is going to be massive if Playground pull off a great game

Apr 6, 2022
don't have a current xbox(still have a 360), but this and hi fi rush are the main reasons I've almost pulled the trigger so many times(maybe halo). Everything I've seen looked great. Will be the first game I pick up if I ever get one.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I wonder how long it'll take Horizon 6 (likely coming next year) to hit these kinds of numbers. Absolutely insane and well deserved.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I just cannot stop playing it. Always keep coming back for some racing fun and good vibes. Over 100 hours and counting...

Well deserved. It's my favorite racing series ever and I am so glad it exists.

Edit: According to the Xbox app I'm close to 300 hours actually XD

Last edited:

P30

May 23, 2022
Played FH5 +200 hours and still playing to this day. One of the best games i have ever played.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022

MarioKart is kind of its own thing really, in general Horizon has the popularity crown since 3 imo.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
It isn't well at all.
meme-memes.gif

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
It was the first Forza game I've played. Picked it up with all the DLC on a Steam sale a few months ago and absolutely loved it.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Such a huge title, I am shocked we're only now seeing similar attempts of the Forza Horizon great formula with the new release of The Crew coming up. Forza Horizon hasn't missed so far and some how without any pressure from outside from other games of similar keeps getting better and better. I hope with stuff like the new Crew game will push the PG even more to do even better.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
I should play this one at some point.

I really liked 3. but didn't put as many hours into 4 as I was expecting. Maybe this is the one that'll drag me back in.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Put me in the "I absolutely love it, but it's my least played of the recent Horizons" category. It would have been FH3 but for Panic Button's optimized XSX port of FH4 that managed to suck me back in, so I think it probably just boils down to some fatigue.

That said, it's still so easy to just pop in for a bit to check off some seasonal events and have a little fun. All the accolades are well deserved!

Last edited:

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK

1. Mario Kart
  2. Forza Horizon
  3. Gran Turismo
  4. Everything else

As big as EA's racing games are, the ones mentioned above are on another level entirely. DiRT Rally 2.0 for example has around 12 million players.

Does make me wonder though, which sold more copies (I genuinely don't know): FIFA 23 or Mario Kart 8 (+ Deluxe)?

Also, players =/= sales.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
  1. Mario Kart
  2. Forza Horizon
  3. Gran Turismo
  4. Everything else

As big as EA's racing games are, the ones mentioned above are on another level entirely. DiRT Rally 2.0 for example has around 12 million players.

Does make me wonder though, which sold more copies (I genuinely don't know): FIFA 23 or Mario Kart 8 (+ Deluxe)?
Mario kart 8 I would guess.

I don't know how much Fifa caps out at usually yearly but it is hard to see it being higher than Mario Kart 8 total sales (over 50 million I think for the Switch alone).

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
I cannot begin to explain how mesmerizing the intro sequence of Forza Horizon 5 is.

As someone who isn't a fan of racing games, the last time a game gave me that rush of pure joy and amazement was probably back in the N64 days when I was a child. I still re-download it just to drive around in both the Porsche Taycan and Jurassic Park Jeep while blasting Hospital Radio around Mexico. Incredible game.

I loved that Hot Wheels expansion too. Now I feel like playing it again.

eoinmoners

Oct 1, 2018
Was the first game I played when I got my X last month, my first Forza game Horizon or otherwise actually, and I love it. It's just so, so fun. The 20 minute Goliath/cross-map races are such a fucking thrill.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It's my sort of go-to laid back sofa game while watching low-interest TV. I still kinda prefer FH4 racing courses though, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FH5 was one of the reasons I bought XSX and really enjoyed it. Played it for +150 hours and it was one of the best racing experiences of my life.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Every time I see a Forza thread I'm reminded the game hasn't worked for me for over a year - it just crashes to desktop after the logo. I've tried everything and I even got a new rig with Windows 11 and it worked for a bit and started crashing again. I install it every few months to see if it happens to work and nothing. So fucking bizarre and annoying. I've just resigned to waiting for the sequel at this point.

Anyway, great game when it worked for me.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Every time I see a Forza thread I'm reminded the game hasn't worked for me for over a year - it just crashes to desktop after the logo. I've tried everything and I even got a new rig with Windows 11 and it worked for a bit and started crashing again. I install it every few months to see if it happens to work and nothing. So fucking bizarre and annoying. I've just resigned to waiting for the sequel at this point.

Anyway, great game when it worked for me.

Are you playing on Steam or Xbox? if on xbox, this might mean you have a corrupted save in the cloud. Try deleting all your cloud saves and see if that helps (I am basing this on my experience similarly with another game plus the fact that you said it did the same thing on a different rig.)

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Are you playing on Steam or Xbox? if on xbox, this might mean you have a corrupted save in the cloud. Try deleting all your cloud saves and see if that helps (I am basing this on my experience similarly with another game plus the fact that you said it did the same thing on a different rig.)

I originally had it for Steam but more recently I tried the Gamepass version since I have that too. Same shit.

I guess I can try reinstalling via Steam and then giving this a try. THanks.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Best racing game I've played in the last decade at least. Well deserved. DLC was great as well. Also for me the best podcast game out there right now. Really hope FH6 is next year, or at least that Crew motorstorm manages to scratch that itch for a bit

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I originally had it for Steam but more recently I tried the Gamepass version since I have that too. Same shit.

I guess I can try reinstalling via Steam and then giving this a try. THanks.
Steam and Xbox/PC versions of FH5 do not share save files so I doubt the cloud save is the problem. There has to be something else going on with your system causing it. But worth trying I guess