• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Quick Reminder that the Steam Version is still not out for another 12 hours at the time of this post so It's quite possible that the steam edition does not have the same Issues the GP version is having.

It is 99.99% likely this game is not UWP on Win Store.

Don't have access to it on the Windows store but mostl titles on the Windows Store are packaged in a format that tends to cause a lot of issues with other software. half of the games on my Gamepass list don't work properly with RTSS or other overlays without it constantly crashing or stuttering randomly or flat out not working

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't get this to stream at all on Discord unfortunately. Application capture crashes instantly. Screen/Display capture means sacrificing all audio. Doesn't help this game has a simple Fullscreen On/Off instead of Borderless/Exclusive/Windowed etc. Very annoying.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't get this to stream at all on Discord unfortunately. Application capture crashes instantly. Screen/Display capture means sacrificing all audio. Doesn't help this game has a simple Fullscreen On/Off instead of Borderless/Exclusive/Windowed etc. Very annoying.
FH4 had the same issue on the windows store version so I'm not surprised at all.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being able to stream FH4 on Discord only a handful of months ago though... Me and some mates would have a laugh playing the eliminator mode so... I dunno. Can't figure it out.
For me the Discord streaming was hit or miss at best with FH4, most times it would work with no audio and constant stuttering and other times It would just produce a black screen for me. It's part of the reason I went with Steam for FH5 this time.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Hoping for 1440p/60 @high settings on my i7700K/RTX 2080 setup.
Any word on the HDR implementation? Has it historically been good on PC?
FH4 had great HDR on PC, so I wouldn't worry.
Though I'm wondering whether it's native Dolby Vision on Xbox.

EDIT:

Looks like it's HDR10 on Xbox according to the DF thread.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
For me the Discord streaming was hit or miss at best with FH4, most times it would work with no audio and constant stuttering and other times It would just produce a black screen for me. It's part of the reason I went with Steam for FH5 this time.
That was my concern too, but seems at least one person in here was able to use OBS game capture with FH5, which would just crash the MS store version of FH4.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase yet though, gonna wait til tomorrow at least and see if either version has any exclusive issues.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Had to use 4x MSAA with 1440p in FH4 and it still had visible aliasing on road marks etc. Anything higher would have tanked my framerate...

It doesn't matter. MSAA doesn't cover that stuff. It needs a temporal solution, maybe something like what Dirt Rally 2 does, TAA+MSAA. At least as am option, I know lots of people don't like TAA.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I just got my hands on a 3070 recently so I'm excited to put it to the test tonight. Huge upgrade over my 970 lol

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
That was my concern too, but seems at least one person in here was able to use OBS game capture with FH5, which would just crash the MS store version of FH4.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase yet though, gonna wait til tomorrow at least and see if either version has any exclusive issues.
Once the steam version releases I know I will be streaming it on Discord, so I will post my findings if I find any strange issues on it.

Aug 30, 2020
Does a 9900K still stack up favorably with a 5800X in games these days? Anyways I'm on a 9900k and I'm only seeing mostly AMD benchmarks on the CPU

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
6700K, 3080.

ckvEcJU.jpg

8S551uF.jpg

pgIF042.jpg

EgEeBzv.jpg

Decided to lock it at 60fps at 4K, mostly Ultra settings. Feels pretty good, but frametimes in races are all over the place and the game feels a bit "jerky", like it slows down and ramps back up. Mostly fine though.

Last edited:

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Did anyone test this with a gtx 1060, 16gb ddr4 and an i5-7600K (3,8 GHz) (comparable)? How are the chances, that the game is running in 1080p, 30fps in high?

5120x1440p 5800x 3080, getting about 80 fps on max settings RTX on. just got a low bandwidth streaming alert. Is the future of gaming offloading assets to servers? I know Warzone does something similar with textures, are file sizes so large that they needed to be streamed in now?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
5120x1440p 5800x 3080, getting about 80 fps on max settings RTX on. just got a low bandwidth streaming alert. Is the future of gaming offloading assets to servers? I know Warzone does something similar with textures, are file sizes so large that they needed to be streamed in now?
No that refers to asset streaming from your storage drive.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Don't sleep on enabling Transparency AA (Multisampling) on Nvidia panel for this game. This setting turns MSAA 2x into an MSAA 8x without the performance hit. It may even be better than that!

Just don't forget to enable MSAA 2x in game or it won't work.

Jul 26, 2018
FH4 also had the same issue too. I was like WHAT?

I feel that the way to stream FH games are either stream it from consoles or dual PC setup. My single PC setup couldn't stream it (black screen on OBS).

Yesterday I was able to stream FH4 for the first time through dual setup and it felt awesome haha. I was like FINALLY!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Gsync breaking for anyone else?

It works during opening logos and menu, but as soon as I load game it stops. Gsync badge disappears and my monitors built-in fps counter is stuck.

Maybe there is a GeForce driver still incoming for this on true day 1?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Gsync breaking for anyone else?

It works during opening logos and menu, but as soon as I load game it stops. Gsync badge disappears and my monitors built-in fps counter is stuck.

Maybe there is a GeForce driver still incoming for this on true day 1?
No VRR problem for me on either 496.13, or the game ready driver just released yesterday. Make sure you have Gsync enabled for desktop as well since the game only runs in borderless.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Anyone getting occasional streaking or pixelation on HDR? I only notice it when it is bright sunlight. RTX 3080, extreme preset, 60 fps, resolution scaling off

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Posted my benchmark runs a little higher on this page. But as a further note, anyone noticing a sort of banding effect on the road ahead of you, especially in wet conditions?

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but does the PC version have Ray tracing in gameplay? I know Xbox uses it sparingly in the showcase mode or whatever.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Locked 60 in 4k/ultra on 8700k+3070.
Wheel support is awful like it was in the previous two games. Hoping someone will find good settings, but it seems bugged like before.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Does preloading on Steam still suck? (aka, should I just wait til it's released to start installing?)

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Forgive my ignorance, but does the PC version have Ray tracing in gameplay? I know Xbox uses it sparingly in the showcase mode or whatever.
I believe it's only in Forzavista and maybe photo mode or photo mode when using Forzavista. It's not there when racing. Edit: Sorry you mean PC version specifically. I've not heard differently from the xbox version.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hey everyone, I appreciate some input.

What can I expect with a 3080 and a 6700k?

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
What's there to screw up? You can't really go wrong with Zen 3 or any of Intels latest offerings. A 5800x would be perfect next to a 3080. I rock a 3080/3700x and that's fine in every game.

No, I mean I'll screw up the installation. I trust myself with the simple stuff, and I've successfully installed a new PSU, GPU, and fans, but I'm worried that I'll mess up the installation of a new CPU and motherboard. I'll either make a mechanical error, like bending a pin on the CPU, or I'll connect something improperly and then I'll spend days troubleshooting it in futility.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No, I mean I'll screw up the installation. I trust myself with the simple stuff, and I've successfully installed a new PSU, GPU, and fans, but I'm worried that I'll mess up the installation of a new CPU and motherboard. I'll either make a mechanical error, like bending a pin on the CPU, or I'll connect something improperly and then I'll spend days troubleshooting it in futility.
Oh, fair enough hahaha

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
No VRR problem for me on either 496.13, or the game ready driver just released yesterday. Make sure you have Gsync enabled for desktop as well since the game only runs in borderless.

Hrmm...have everything in Nvidia control proper, and it works if I use windowed mode, but there are borders. If I set to fullscreen(either in-game or via alt+enter in window mode to get rid of borders) then Gsync breaks.

I don't see an actual borderless option. Meanwhile FH3 and 4 work just fine in their full-screen modes with G-Sync trying them. There is something up with 5 for me.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Game crashes on my PC every 5 minutes. Made it through the intro only to crash and do it again, then again once I got to choose my first car. It runs and looks great but its crashing left and right, very frustrating.

Also, I had to uninstall my antivirus just to get it to run! And I´m not running Afterburner nor any other onscreen stuff except Gamebar. Anyone has the same experience or solution? Horizon 4 was fine in my system but this is unplayable.

• 5900x at stock.
  • 2080 at stock
  • 32gb RAM
  • Game installed in an NVME drive, in a different partition from WIndows.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I would wait if you have fast connection. Its 100gb. Unpacking that on steam is a horror.
Haha yeah, that was my experience with (appropriately/ironically?) Horizon: Zero Dawn when it came out on PC. Preloaded and that shit took aaaalll day. I'll just wait then. Thank you! :)

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Hrmm...have everything in Nvidia control proper, and it works if I use windowed mode, but there are borders. If I set to fullscreen(either in-game or via alt+enter in window mode to get rid of borders) then Gsync breaks.

I don't see an actual borderless option. Meanwhile FH3 and 4 work just fine in their full-screen modes with G-Sync trying them. There is something up with 5 for me.
It has no exclusive fullscreen mode so the fullscreen mode is just borderless. Make sure you have vsync on in both Nvidia control panel and in-game.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Hm, couple of crashes. One at the very end of the intro right after the first achievement popped up and then another when I started to drive down the road after jumping in my first vehicle.

Edit* and another when I loaded in again.

OC'd 5800x
16gb RAM
Installed on a nvme m.2 SSD
Win 10
Running on Ultra @1440p, tried vsync both off and on.

Last edited: