• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed this and think its pretty big step. Its so good to see that more and more devs are taking accessibility more serious
Clip with sign language start at 4:19

With this in mind, the team is excited to share we are also working on American Sign Language (ASL) and British Sign Language (BSL) support for cinematics in Forza Horizon 5. Coming soon, this feature will include a picture-in picture display near the bottom of the screen of an ASL/BSL interpreter during the cinematics in the game.

Before people say. There is text?
Alot of members of the deaf community have a hard time following close captions. As with text alot of context and expression is offcourse limited or gone

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
More option is better.

Just like the prosthetics, Pronouns and "Voice 01" and "Voice 02".

And the way to can adjust text size! I need that in Sims 4 already, EA!

The inclusion and accessibility of this game!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool. Horizon 5 is also one of the few games I've seen where you can add prosthetics to your avatar. Usually that's limited to more futuristic games rather than modern ones where you make yourself.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn. Props on Microsoft for putting money towards this.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
This is so cool! I am so happy more and more games add accessibility features and the innovations don't seem to stop.

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
I was pleasantly surprised with the character creator already. Also every clothing item can be worth by both body type…can't remember if that was in 4. Honestly kudos to Playground and Microsoft for supporting this

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ah, ok... something inside me always thought that 'sign language' had a universal logic to it's creation and delivery

i stand corrected... thanks for the heads-up
I mean, they've announced the main two different signing dialects for English, I'd expect non-English speaking countries would have wholly seperate signing languages than American/British Sign Language.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft have just been amazing in the accessibility space lately, what with the customisable controller board to options like this in-game. It is truly inspiring seeing developers and console manufacturer actually give a shit about human interactions that may be impaired.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
This is seriously awesome. It's great that there are now so many first-party developers taking accessibility seriously.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Just wanted to bump this off the back of the Game Awards win.

What a dope addition. Hope more follow.