• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd bring people's attention to this really good deal.

I know a lot of people liked FM6 as well as its rather unique Nascar DLC. Normally all DLC together is about $100. If you just want the two expansions, they are $20 + $20, or $35 together. To get every single car and expansion for $5 is kind of amazing. Get it while you can.

DLC store page:

EDIT: I just want to say I really appreciate when Microsoft does this. Sometimes it's not very easy to keep track of things you might have missed out on that you wanted to check out. Giving more than a month's notice and ensuring decent sale prices before a game goes off sale is the best way to handle a rather unfortunate situation.

EDIT 2: This likely means that Forza Motorsport 6 Apex, the PC version of the game with a cut down (ish?) free version will also probably get delisted (yes, even if it's free). So claim the free version if you want. The version with extra content and all expansions is also only $16.99. Very reasonable for the amount of content. If I'd realized it was that price I'd probably have picked it up earlier.

Good racer, especially if you are vaguely interested in FM7 and want a lower priced entry. I've had a lot of people who played both FM6 and 7 say 6 is better due to better car sounds and less bugs, but I'm not sure how true the latter is for the PC version. Sorry I'm not a whole lot more knowledgeable in that area.

EDIT 3: Note this sale is a simple weekly sale. It will go away this monday/tuesday upon the new sale arrival. If you're late to this, still grab FM6 on games with gold if you want, and the $35 bundle is probably your best bet if you want both expansions, although that won't include any of the car pass.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird that only NFS games don't get delisted despite having licensed cars and music while Forza and DriveClub were delisted.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
awesome, thank you very much for that Chettlar - I was going to fire up Forza 6 over the next few weeks anyway :)

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Good initiative. All companies should do this.
Indeed they should

Now the question is to either just use the Forza 6 copy via Games with Gold or buy the game digitally too.

I have Game Pass Ultimate until October 2021 but obviously after that I'll either have to sub more or lose Forza 6 forever. Hmm

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Wish it was on PC, honestly liked Forza 6 more than Forza 7.

To be honest I'm contemplating buying it anyway. Never know when I'll end up having an Xbox again.

To anyone who's hesitating, get it. Hell of a game.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that only NFS games don't get delisted despite having licensed cars and music while Forza and DriveClub were delisted.

Yup. It's really unfortunate. In some ways I understand why a game like Forza which gets a new game that tries to improve on the previous one with each entry might not, but Forza Horizon for example isn't like that. Each entry is very different than the last and the DLCs for each one are very unique. You can't get Storm Island any more, which is a crying shame. So to drop support for Horizon really sucks. Though thankfully they bothered to give Forza Horizon 1 the 4K BC treatment.

It gets less understandable though when you have a situation like this where the Nascar DLC for FM6 here is going to go away. That's a unique aspect of the game. It's not going to get replicated in FM7 (and lo and behold, FM7 does not have that). What's sucky is the DLC is often the most unique part of these games, and so when they get delisted...you can still get the games physically if you really want them, but the DLC, the best or most unique part, is lost forever.

And worse, while if there are codes for expansions those usually continue to work, many times car pack codes often will just cease to work. I don't even know of any other games, especially first party games, where this happens. If you want the Top Gear Pack for Forza Motorsport 4 -- my favorite one; gosh I wish that was 4K BC :( -- then you're out of luck. It'll just say the code is invalid.

However, it does sound like they intend for the next Forza Motorsport to be a single evolving game as I understand it? If so, that definitely seems like the best approach. That way you aren't piling up games asking to be re-licensed; you're just reupping one game for licenses every year. I hope they can pull that off. Hopefully with less of that whole card bs this time.

Driveclub just makes me mad because holy crap I picked it up earlier and just playing the intro bike race was a blast! Ahhh why is it going away. I'm glad I heard about the delisting.

This 4 or 5 year licensing thing just sucks balls, and it hurts gaming sometimes almost irreparably. :(

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I remember someone predicting this in the Games with Gold thread.

Great DLC pricing, now I'm waiting for Forza Horizon 3 getting delisted to buy the DLC I don't own because it's never on sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when the Apex PC version will be pulled

Oh damn good point. I'm going to imagine the same date. If you are interested in getting all the achievements and things, apparently the premium version makes that easier? or something? I don't know. Regardless, there are expansions locked to the premium version. So be sure to grab that, or at least claim the free version. I mean, it's free. And the premium version is only $17. Updated the OP.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Indeed they should

Now the question is to either just use the Forza 6 copy via Games with Gold or buy the game digitally too.

I have Game Pass Ultimate until October 2021 but obviously after that I'll either have to sub more or lose Forza 6 forever. Hmm

At least you can buy those titles on the Microsoft store. I tried with Ducktales on PSN and was not able to buy the game because I already had it from Plus.

Might get the DLC but I don't think I'll buy the game.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Meanwhile 2 Driveclub DLC's not covered by season pass are still full price and game gets delisted in 2 weeks...

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile 2 Driveclub DLC's not covered by season pass are still full price and game gets delisted in 2 weeks...

And one of the free DLCs not in the season pass isn't even listed in the DLC page and you have to search for it! Not to mention all the other DLC that wasn't just added as an update and you have to "buy" it for free so then that means it's going to be inaccessible. Why any one thought that was smart I don't know.

Like. Why not just make it a free update. What the heck. Alright just go one by one down a list of free DLC and take 15 full minutes out of your day to just scroll down a list over and over clicking DLCs and downloading them before despite being free they'll disappear in two weeks. Good job sony.

Anyway, the AMG expansion for Driveclub:

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
And one of the free DLCs not in the season pass isn't even listed in the DLC page and you have to search for it! Not to mention all the other DLC that wasn't just added as an update and you have to "buy" it for free so then that means it's going to be inaccessible. Why any one thought that was smart I don't know.

Like. Why not just make it a free update. What the heck. Alright just go one by one down a list of free DLC and take 15 full minutes out of your day to just scroll down a list over and over clicking DLCs and downloading them before despite being free they'll disappear in two weeks. Good job sony.

Anyway, the AMG expansion for Driveclub:

Yeah, it's completely bonkers. I have like 100 individual DLC items in my download list.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it was on PC, honestly liked Forza 6 more than Forza 7.

To be honest I'm contemplating buying it anyway. Never know when I'll end up having an Xbox again.

To anyone who's hesitating, get it. Hell of a game.

Do it. It can't hurt. $5. I mean for real. I don't even have an xbox one either lol. But I know I'll revisit this game in the future. And plus, the next Xbox should be fully BC with this gen too, so xbox ones'll go dirt cheap.

It got a cut down F2P PC version, so grab that two if you're interested. Once I get my paycheck here I'll be grabbing the $17 thing with all the expansions for PC. It's not the full game, and it won't include the DLC you're seeing here in the OP, but as an alternative it might be worth checking out.

But yeah. I'm usually not as into FM as much as FH, but damn if Forza Motorsport 4 and 6 don't have something about them that really gets to me. Gosh I wish FM4 was BC. Best one. FM6 is like a remake of it with a little added bullshit I really didn't care for (the cards).

Also, killer soundtrack Forza Motorsport 6. I haven't played 5 or 7 but of the ones I've played it's the best of the motorsports in that regard.

Definitely, although it might not be possible if the other party says no.

Then these need to get turned into much longer licenses then. 4 years is just so silly small.

I remember someone predicting this in the Games with Gold thread.

Great DLC pricing, now I'm waiting for Forza Horizon 3 getting delisted to buy the DLC I don't own beacuse it's never on sale.

What's weird is there's a now gone version of this exact expansion for FH3. It seems it was specifically created for a sale of the game last summer. I anticipate some time next year it will be up again for FH3.

Oh, speaking of though, the Hotwheels expansion is on sale right now.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
There are practical and legal implementations that won't always make it possible. It might be as stupid as another company going bankrupt impacting.

Yet another reason 5 years is just too short. 10 years ought to at least be the standard. 5 just feels so ridiculous.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Grabbed it, thanks.

Last racing sim I've played was FM5 when the Xbox One launched.

I'll probably have a lot of fun with FM6 now.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I got it on sale a little while back, worrying this might happen. I guess I should've waited!
(there goes my weak hope it would ever get X enhancements)

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017
Few questions before jumping on the deal

Edit: after looking at the article again.. it has clarified all questions.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might have to buy this just because it's so cheap, never played 6 but have every other Forza game and what with 6 coming on gold it might be worth to boost my rewards score a few levels.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
What companies should do, is to extend the licenses, so the games won't get pulled from the store.

What companies should do, is insist on perpetual licenses, and just ignore anyone not cool with that. For music there's certainly enough out there that you don't need to license some "hit track" for five years. This circus is just dumb.

samwyse

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm going to make my first gaming purchase in a year. (Not counting cheap retro stuff I bought this summer.)

I'm working on everything I already have instead of buying new stuff, this includes Forza 6 which I coincidentally started actively playing again a few days ago. I don't have 7.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Definitly will buy the dlc. I didnt know how this system worked back with FH1 and FH2, and now the dlc is gone forever :(

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having issues going to the page for the complete dlc collection, it keeps coming up saying

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

I even tried manually searching for the pack and it does the same thing if trying to find it through that.

Edit: Worked now, site must have been struggling or something.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's cheap. I'll pick it up.

I know Apex has less content, but is there anything it has that isn't in the Xbox One version (aside from the usual PC-exclusive settings for resolution, graphics, etc.)?

May 10, 2019
Thanks for letting me know, I picked up a cheap copy of Forza 6 a month ago in anticipation of this going down, since I missed the Horizon 2 sunset..

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Oh fuck thanks for the heads up. Just bought it and I'll re-download and play through the expansions. It's crazy it's getting delisted though.....

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I already own a lot of this, maybe all. MS is great for doing this but they sure don't make it easy to hop on their website to see what you already own.

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Licensing deals really should be on a per-product basis. This whole idea that a game can just not exist anymore or need major changes due to an expired license is really dumb.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a lot of people who played both FM6 and 7 say 6 is better due to better car sounds and less bugs, but I'm not sure how true the latter is for the PC version. Sorry I'm not a whole lot more knowledgeable in that area.

I can confirm the Xbox One version of 6 is infinitely more playable than the PC version.