• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios are returning to the track with the latest Forza Motorsport for Xbox. This new entry in the series is getting an overhaul to take advantage of the next-generation Xbox Series X, which launches this holiday. That means cutting-edge visual tricks like real-time ray tracing. But it also means new features and racing modes that will take the action offroad.
The new Forza Motorsport is coming in 2021. This marks a significant break for the series, which was on an every-other-year schedule through the Xbox One generation. But Turn 10 has worked on this followup since 2017's Forza Motorsport 7. And Microsoft hasn't launched a Forza of any persuasion since 2018's Forza Horizon 4.
https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/23/...t-will-take-advantage-of-xbox-series-x-power/

Oh my god, yes!! Those reflections are insane.

Last edited:

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
So 2023 here we go.
Since they said for the first two years everything first-party would be cross gen.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's just called Forza Motorsport, not FM8 (or Motororsport, lol)

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about the 8, looks like a "reboot". Which doesn't mean shit in a racing game lol but hey

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
AdolescentOptimalDavidstiger-size_restricted.gif

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Holiday 2022 my guess. Only one car so could literally be a concept trailer for now. How long since forza 7?

disappointing if it's really that far out - maybe need dirt 5 to scratch my racing itch

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Something in the lighting still makes it look obviously like a computer game vs GT. Thought they would have fixed that.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
It certainly looked the part.

Now, I need to know how much of a simulator it is. I need to see gameplay. But for now, things are looking good.

By the way, they said it's "early in development", so fuck me.

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
"In-engine" is just so completely meaningless. Just say the game wont look like that, because that's what it means. Fed up of being flat-out lied to by these publishers.

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed to be quite honest, my expectations were low but I wasn't expecting "in engine" cinematic shots of one Laguna Seca corner and only 2 differents cars ( Appollo IE & Mazda Proto) ...

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Something in the lighting still makes it look obviously like a computer game vs GT. Thought they would have fixed that.
That's always been my biggest gripe with the motorsport specific series, the lighting just seems weird. GT always felt like it had more realistic lighting and was more enjoyable to experience. Can't say the same for Horizon, I know thats going for a different feel and is definitely the better of the 2 Forza franchises.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Real time GI light bounces and shadowing with RT :)

Forza Motorsport

The new Forza Motorsport, currently in early development, is a reimagining of the series. We are taking what has made Forza Motorsport great over the past 15 years and pairing it with new game concepts and new technologies. With the new Forza Motorsport, ray tracing is coming to ForzaTech, you will see a dynamic world in 4K, 60fps, that is connected and dynamic – from surfaces of cars reflecting off each other, to brilliant red paint bouncing off intensely detailed track surfaces, and the interplay of light and shadow throughout the world. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So unlike Forza not being ready for the start of a generation. The limited nature of that teaser + the fact that it's next-gen only leads me to guess they scrapped something and restarted recently.

Also, the shot choices, all those indoor techy garage shots, camera behind drivers in helmets walking in slow motion towards cars. I honestly had to check i wasn't on the wrong tab watching the GT7 reveal again.

That said, what they showed looks graphically really good, of course.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Visually impressive but "in engine" as always looks better than gameplay. I'm sure it will be a stunner though.

Very shocked we didn't get at least snippets of Forza gameplay today (same with Hellblade II).

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I thought every game would be cross gen /s.

I wish we would've got a longer trailer and gameplay. Having said that the game looks great and especially the environments look better than everything we either played this gen or seen of next gen racing games. Hiring some RDR2 artist seems to have been a wise choice. Thumps up.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Looks gorgeous, but it is like GT videos where it looks like replay footage and doesn't really give you an idea of actual gameplay. Being next-gen only, I am sure it will be really good regardless.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's just Forza Motorsport, not 8.
I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday about what was known about the game up until that point, and it mentioned fewer cars being available initially due to efforts to re-scan and update all of the cars. This got me to thinking that maybe the next Forza Motorsport will be more of a platform than a singular release, and the lack of an 8 in the title has me excited. If Forza Motorsport just becomes a platform with one big release with a bunch of expansions, then I really hope the same is true of the next Forza Horizon.

Nov 28, 2017
As expected, but not the 2021 release nor it NOT being cross-gen.

Did they remove the number btw? Just "Forza Motorsport"?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
looked bonkers.
We'll see what the actual game looks like though.
Hopefully T10 starts releasing media s...nah, not happening for a while i'm afraid

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer gave out strong vibes of F1 2020's My Team career mode. If it's pivoting towards a GAAS future, I can imagine them making a ton of money on cars and livery options...

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
So unlike Forza not being ready for the start of a generation. The limited nature of that teaser + the fact that it's next-gen only leads me to guess they scrapped something and restarted recently.

Also, the shot choices, all those indoor techy garage shots, camera behind drivers in helmets walking in slow motion towards cars. I honestly had to check i wasn't on the wrong tab watching the GT7 reveal again.

That said, what they showed looks graphically really good, of course.

I think it's more so that Microsoft's first party capabilities are in a place where they don't have to rely on consistent releases of their tentpole franchises to flesh out their portfolio of games, so they're giving their developers the time they need to truly flesh out the development of these titles.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
"In-engine" is just so completely meaningless. Just say the game wont look like that, because that's what it means. Fed up of being flat-out lied to by these publishers.
Agree. Sick of this in-engine stuff
Isnt the whole cinematic setting of the trailer kinda a give away to that anyway though? Its not like the gameplay will have changing and more fancy camera angles like that, so i wouldnt call it a lie. Or can we see which post processing effects that have been added in this trailer by the way? Honest question.

I thought every game would be cross gen /s.
Thats what Microsoft said at first though :) All first party games would be cross gen the first two years or so. But i'm not complaining about it not being cross gen.

Last edited:

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
it looks so far away that the trailer does nothing, no idea what they are aiming for, why we should be exciting, will the finally fix the horrible online expericens of ramfest?