• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game was released a few months ago as "Miami Street" on PC, has since been rebranded as Forza Street and is soon coming to iOS and Android.

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-street-may-be-coming-nintendo-switch-according-code-snippets
https://ar12gaming.com/articles/exclusive-forza-street-nintendo-switch
AR12Gaming has received evidence to suggest that the game might be coming to a fourth platform in the future. A member who goes by the name of Logic in our Discord server sent me a snippet from the game's source code which makes several references to Nintendo Switch, along with the aforementioned Android and iOS.

This aligns with recent news that Xbox is looking to partner up with Nintendo by bringing over some of their top games and services.

clakhqu3vji1.png

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get it, cause it's mobile, but like... Forza Horizon 1, even 2, would be a strictly better debut of the brand on a new platform. Though I guess licenses with racing games are fickle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get it, cause it's mobile, but like... Forza Horizon 1, even 2, would be a strictly better debut of the brand on a new platform. Though I guess licenses with racing games are fickle.
yeah, those older games have been delisted and not sold even on MS's own platforms, it's not feasible to put them on another platform. and i don't think MS's intention is to put any of their premier series on switch (other than minecraft), it's mostly the smaller games/spin-offs/indie games that may be considered for release on the platform.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to say I'm very sceptical on this one, given how many references to Twitch, Steam and Kongregate the snippet also includes.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the trailers for this. It... doesn't look good :|

Want a good sim racer for Switch with lots of tracks.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Noooo! Don't make Switch a F2P/Microtransaction hub! Keep that evil away from this beautiful console please. Fortnite and Warframe is more than enough.

Dec 23, 2017
Makes sense. I always questioned Microsoft releasing any of their "real" ips on a Nintendo system. It doesn't make ends. I don't even know who this would play on switch this in itself is silly forza streets shouldnt even exist as a game.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Not the Forza game wanted when people said "Forza on Switch".

More games the better. This will probably get lost in the eShop quickly though

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Not surprising, but bleh.
Another mobile racing game coming to Switch. Forza name or not, that's not great.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. I always questioned Microsoft releasing any of their "real" ips on a Nintendo system. It doesn't make ends. I don't even know who this would play on switch this in itself is silly forza streets shouldnt even exist as a game.

This isn't a MS game anyway. Some bad F2P reaching game somehow got the Forza license. MS don't do mobile gaming anymore.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Cuphead, Ori, Super Lucky's Tale, Halo and now Forza but still no peep about Banjo?

HOW

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Cuphead, Ori, Super Lucky's Tale, Halo and now Forza but still no peep about Banjo?
you forgot minecraft and hellblade. and halo? where?

It is. The game got stealth released last year on MS store and was really bad. I don't understand why MS gave Forza license to this thing.
eh, it's a harmless mobile game. it's not really gonna affect the brand name in a negative way. the name itself is super strong these days, pretty much the #1 racing IP.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a MS game anyway. Some bad F2P reaching game somehow got the Forza license. MS don't do mobile gaming anymore.
"MS don't do mobile gaming anymore" when they are releasing Forza Street and Gears Pop, and have already released Wordament earlier this year. Heh

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's a step. I mean if you can have a Forza game on Switch and MS isn't averse to putting the IP on the system, maybe other Forza games can follow in the future.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this game in unity? It makes sense it'd have strings for different platforms.
Also, this game is out? I forgot it existed.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
"MS don't do mobile gaming anymore" when they are releasing Forza Street and Gears Pop, and have already released Wordament earlier this year. Heh

They do give licenses to mobile devs. Just like those games. If they did have active internal mobile development, we would have seen Age of Empires on mobile already. It seems like a no brainer.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
you forgot minecraft and hellblade. and halo? where?

eh, it's a harmless mobile game. it's not really gonna affect the brand name in a negative way. the name itself is super strong these days, pretty much the #1 racing IP.
Hellblade was self-published by Ninja Theory. Yes, I know they are owned by MS now but it isn't the same situation as, say, Ori. Even Cuphead was self-published by Studio MDHR. It isn't a MS IP.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I read this as Fortune Street and sort of disappointed but that seems like a neat get

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hellblade was self-published by Ninja Theory. Yes, I know they are owned by MS now but it isn't the same situation as, say, Ori. Even Cuphead was self-published by Studio MDHR. It isn't a MS IP.
of course, hellblade is quite different but it's still published by ninja theory, a fully owned subsidiary. and cuphead was console exclusive, it wouldn't have happened on switch unless MS wanted to, that's why nintendo gave them a thanks in that nindies direct.

When you start a partnership, you get all the baggage, not just the good ones. :)
remember when nintendo had to show that assassins creed trailer in the direct running at 15 fps? :(

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I know. That's what makes it a different situation than Cuphead and Hellblade. Ori/Forza for Switch is a bigger deal since they are MS IP. Cuphead and Hellblade, major in their own right, were self-published and are not MS IP.
This can't be repeated enough... It's getting old to see the same lists of "Hellblade, Cuphead and Super Lucky's Tale" get trotted out in these threads. They're not 1st party IP and not the same as Ori, Halo, Sea of Thieves, etc.

If Forza Street makes it over to the Switch, then it's a different situation. Time will tell if the big hitters make it over though.

of course, hellblade is quite different but it's still published by ninja theory, a fully owned subsidiary. and cuphead was console exclusive, it wouldn't have happened on switch unless MS wanted to, that's why nintendo gave them a thanks in that nindies direct.
The deal for the Hellblade port was signed before the acquisition. It's similar to the deals for We Happy Few and The Outer Worlds in that regard.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be repeated enough... It's getting old to see the same lists of "Hellblade, Cuphead and Super Lucky's Tale" get trotted out in these threads. They're not 1st party IP and not the same as Ori, Halo, Sea of Thieves, etc.
they're not first party IPs, no. but for cuphead (and potentially lucky if it comes) they're games originally released under console exclusivity deals, and now MS is loosening the deal allowing them to come to switch. it's not the same as a first party IP but it's not NOTHING.