• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

The three new replacement Iroshizuku colors. The only one that looks like an ink I don't have is hotaru-bi. I want to see hana-ikada compared with kosumosu. From my memory, they seem pretty close. I have too many teal inks but I can't resist a good one. I hope they release the three in a small bottle set.

When they first announced it, I hoped for a red or purple (Bishamonten and Jurojin) like their 100th anniversary shades. I love those two but it pains me to see my bottles becoming empty...

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017

The three new replacement Iroshizuku colors. The only one that looks like an ink I don't have is hotaru-bi. I want to see hana-ikada compared with kosumosu. From my memory, they seem pretty close. I have too many teal inks but I can't resist a good one. I hope they release the three in a small bottle set.

When they first announced it, I hoped for a red or purple (Bishamonten and Jurojin) like their 100th anniversary shades. I love those two but it pains me to see my bottles becoming empty...

Sui gyoku looks like an ink I would buy. I wonder which inks they are replacing.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ah thanks I was thinking they would discontinue Yama budo. That and Murasaki are my favs.

I bought all three in a THEY'RE LEAVING panic but I can see why Ina-ho was cut, it's just not up to stuff. Tsuyu-kusa was a nice blue but the Iroshizuku line has several stunning blues so I can see why it got the boot. Tsukushi wasn't bad, but I have prettier browns in the same shade range that I would pick over that one.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I bought all three in a THEY'RE LEAVING panic but I can see why Ina-ho was cut, it's just not up to stuff. Tsuyu-kusa was a nice blue but the Iroshizuku line has several stunning blues so I can see why it got the boot. Tsukushi wasn't bad, but I have prettier browns in the same shade range that I would pick over that one.

I agree which is why I never bought those colors. I bought the you-yake ink and I am not sure if I love it or not.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
8ySba8A.jpeg
TWSBI Eco Jade is comingggg to meeeeeeeee

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
New Pen DAY!!
These pens were in two different orders but I wanted both to come in before I posted.

Sailor Pro Gear slim in white and gold and my first 21K gold nib in silver and ivory. Both medium nibs.

Ordered the Jade TWSBI eco pen. I said that i wanted the Jade to be my last pen of the year..... I lied. Have something coming from Amazon Japan soon.
mG0jEXI.jpg

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get an A6 Techo and the Have a Nice Day cover from the Hobonichi UK Facebook group for £45 which is an absolute bargain considering it would cost £60 + the inevitable import fees from the web store, or just under £80 from the other place I buy some of my Hobonichi stuff from. I got the pen and gift from Etsy for a fiver.

kG0ZdaM.jpg

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a few things from Gouletpens. Jade is here! Finally.

10 pen galen leather case, galen leather folio for my A4 book, Jade Twsbi ECO EF and Organic Studios Nitrogen (heard I should dilute a sample in water to use in a pen.)
E6frPju.jpg
XcaF03G.jpg
DwYi5qF.jpg
IYholDA.jpg

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Managed to get an A6 Techo and the Have a Nice Day cover

Whoa! What a steal!

Organic Studios Nitrogen (heard I should dilute a sample in water to use in a pen.)

I have that ink. It's a hard start and it takes forever and a day to dry (if it dries, especially on certain papers). But it's like writing with liquid foil, the sheen is insane. Diluting it helps with the starting and the dry time.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa! What a steal!

I have that ink. It's a hard start and it takes forever and a day to dry (if it dries, especially on certain papers). But it's like writing with liquid foil, the sheen is insane. Diluting it helps with the starting and the dry time.

The more i hear about this ink the more i think it is baystate blue 2.0

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
By chance anyone would know of any good endlesspens.com coupons? hmm there is a pen that i want to get..sigh

on a side note. I bought the monteverde pen flush and it helped a lot in cleaning out my twsbi eco pens.

iamcool388

Nov 3, 2017
The more i hear about this ink the more i think it is baystate blue 2.0
Nothing is like Baystate Blue. That ink is assuredly more cussed, and more eye-searingly wonderful, than Organics Studio Nitrogen.

Where OSN wins over BSB is in sheen, so if thats what you are looking for, Nitrogen will definitely please you. Its also better behaved, plays well with a larger number of pens, and does not stain anywhere close to what BSB does.

What BSB has, though, is unmatched, and that is its color. And for that, many people around the world will curse it, deride it, hate it, but still use it.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up my 2022 Hobonichi from Journal Shop and a load of cool Hobonichi accessories from a cool little etsy seller who imports them - hopefully arriving Wednesday inc the Animal Crossing pen board.

I'm not re-falling down the fountain pen hole (and, strangely, a bit of a pencil hole too!)

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not re-falling down the fountain pen hole (and, strangely, a bit of a pencil hole too!)

The dark side isn't that bad we got some cool shit.

Nothing is like Baystate Blue. That ink is assuredly more cussed, and more eye-searingly wonderful, than Organics Studio Nitrogen.

Where OSN wins over BSB is in sheen, so if thats what you are looking for, Nitrogen will definitely please you. Its also better behaved, plays well with a larger number of pens, and does not stain anywhere close to what BSB does.

What BSB has, though, is unmatched, and that is its color. And for that, many people around the world will curse it, deride it, hate it, but still use it.

Nitrogen seem to dry fast in my fountain pen. I'll have to try mixing a sample of it with water again. When I was a fountain pen newb I used BSB in many of my Lamy pens.. never again. I wish that a lot of fountain pen YouTubers and others warn newbies about BSB. Never put BSB in a good pen.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Never put BSB in a good pen.

I have BSB in an eyedropped Preppy. That's the only pen I feel comfortable sacrificing to the BSB god. It's a pretty color, for certain, but I'm not sold on it being worth the trouble it causes.

Started to setup the Techo for the year. I settled on a Weeks (Professional use), English Planner (Professional use), and a Cousin Dayfree (Personal use).

iamcool388

Nov 3, 2017
There are a lot of good blues. There's really no point in using BSB now.
Aah, yes, but nothing comes close to BSB color wise, especially in vibrancy. There are vibrant blues (visconti blue is nice, and so are many others, Bungubox Hatsukoi is another favorite, so are Taccia Ruri and Taccia AO), but BSB sits alone in the God tier of vibrancy.

Sacrifice a cheap but good pen to BSB is how I'd advise using it. It's not worth using it in a good pen, and it's also not worth the risk of using BSB in pens where you're planning to use other colors.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
New Pen Day!

Bought this Pilot Custom 74 in San Francisco last week at maido. Don't mind the Japanese I was practicing with the pen.

Also been thinking that we need new a new 2022 Fountain pen thread. I have some ideas.

vWZffLl.jpg

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
A new thread probably isn't a bad idea.

I finally got around to resacing a bunch of my vintage pens that have been sitting around, with mixed success. I'm trying to switch over to PVC sacs for the pens that won't be damaged by it and silicone for the ones that would, but the sizes available have been limited. I also discovered that there is a crack in the sac protector of my Sheaffer Touchdown Tuckaway :/
I did get my size 3 Wahl metal pen up and running, it's got what's probably my all time favorite nib, in an otherwise completely impractical pen.

Vintage pens are so nice to write with, but a constant struggle.

On the new pen front, I'm waiting for delivery of a Narwhal Nautilus. I've been using their original 365 Ebonite model from a few years back as my daily driver for a while, and I really like the look of the Nautilus. Of course, after I ordered it I looked on reddit and there are a bunch of people complaining about their nibs, so I've got my fingers crossed I don't have any issues.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I agree about the new thread.

I told myself no new pens for a while because I wanted to try a Decimo. A week after I did that, one of my friends said she was selling her Decimo for $100. I hadn't even mentioned it to her, it was pure coincidence. So, guess who has a new-to-me white Decimo?

I really like it so far. I thought the clip would bug me but it doesn't at all. It's also helping me get used to holding my pen further up the pen. I usually grip it pretty close to the bottom but the metal portion is too slippery on the Decimo. Pilot nibs are so lovely. I think that every time I ink up a Pilot pen, but I hardly use them in favor of my Sailors or TWSBI. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself no new pens for a while because I wanted to try a Decimo. A week after I did that, one of my friends said she was selling her Decimo for $100. I hadn't even mentioned it to her, it was pure coincidence. So, guess who has a new-to-me white Decimo?
I looked this up, and went "That's kinda neat. Not sure if it's for me, though."
Then I saw they make a purple one, and now I'm "I think I might want this!" lol 😞

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I do kinda want a vanishing point, they seem like they would be handy for quick notes or whatever when uncapping a different FP would be annoying.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this Sailor Pen on amazon the other day because I had 10 bucks off. It was suppose to come on feb 3 but came on new years.

Happy New Year! Everyone.

ZkFY1Wn.jpg

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with the new thread. hopefully its good enough

new thread up

www.resetera.com

2K22 Fountain Pens & Hobonichi Techo |OT| "Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow" OT

Happy New Year to everyone. 新年快乐 恭喜发财 Welcome to my thread. I finally decided that we needed an updated thread for fountain pen aficionados and Hobonichi techo users. We love celebrating New Pen Day and New Ink Day so feel free to post photos of your fountain pens, inks, hobonichi techo and...

Before this thread gets closed I wanted to say

Everyone here has been fantastic absolutely fantastic and you know what? So was I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.