• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
Four young men that were trying to escape persecution were found dead, the details are hazy right now though. Rumors are that Iranian authorities shot them near their borders.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they were trying to escape persecution in Bahrain but were killed by Iranians. If they're fleeing Bahrain due to persecution, there's a high chance that they are Shi'a. Why would Iran kill Shiites attempting to flee Sunni persecution?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because they shot them before they could be told they were shooting fellow shiites.
Is it common practice for navies to just fire at anything that enters their waters? Didn't the Iranians take US navy hostages without resorting to killing everyone a few years back?

OP
OP

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
Wait, they were trying to escape persecution in Bahrain but were killed by Iranians. If they're fleeing Bahrain due to persecution, there's a high chance that they are Shi'a. Why would Iran kill Shiites attempting to flee Sunni persecution?

I'm not sure if they were even heading to Iran, a lot of persecuted people in Bahrain flee to Iraq because it's generally less oppressive there. They probably entered the Iranian borders and Iran just shot them before asking any questions.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Is it common practice for navies to just fire at anything that enters their waters? Didn't the Iranians take US navy hostages without resorting to killing everyone a few years back?

No, it's not common practice but I wouldn't be surprised if Iran treats american servicemen differently than 4 arab-looking dudes on a boat. maybe they thought they were suicide bombers? Maybe they hailed them and the bahreinis didn't understand persian?

I know, it's not a satisfying answer but I can't think of anything more likely than that. The alternative would be the Iranians executing them in cold blood for nebulous reasons.