• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
UPDATE: http://deadline.com/2018/05/brookly...-cancellation-pickup-fan-reaction-1202388006/

EXCLUSIVE: This is a fan reaction to a TV series cancellation the magnitude of which we have rarely seen: Three hours after news broke of Fox not picking upBrooklyn Nine-Nine for Season 6, the cop comedy was the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter, going head-to-head with the biggest TV event in the world, Eurovision. Joining the show's legion of fans in lamenting the cancellation were celebrities like Lin-Manuel Miranda, Seth Meyers and Mark Hamill.

While done at Fox, Brooklyn Nine-Nine may not be gone altogether. I hear that there had been incoming interest from other outlets about picking up the show starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher.

Hulu, Brooklyn Nine-Nine's SVOD home, is considered the most likely choice, and I hear there had been conversations about the show moving there.

Another potential home for Brooklyn Nine-Nine could be TBS, which in December picked up off-network rights to the comedy. The basic cable network is overseen by Kevin Reilly, who had developed and picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine while running Fox and is a big fan of the show.

----- ORIGINAL POST -----

http://tvline.com/2018/05/10/brooklyn-nine-nine-cancelled-no-season-6-fox/

They also cancelled The Last Man on Earth and The Mick.

And as pointed out by SeanM in the TV Cancellation thread, basically confirming the rumors...

They have a page for Last Man Standing on their official website now, so yeah, seems that's exactly what happened: https://www.fox.com/last-man-standing/

They have zero incentive to pick up the very conservative Last Man Standing after ABC (Disney) cancelled it a year ago, other than wanting to go after that Roseanne audience. Ratings will not be good, the revival will be cancelled. And the show would go back to being owned by Disney in a year anyway.

That idea is especially frustrating as B99 was one of the best shows on television in terms of representation.

For those who aren't aware of Last Man Standing's idea of "comedy," here's a refresher.

Mike (Tim Allen): "If you're a young person who's not exactly sure where life is taking you, that's okay. You know, we can't all be Barack Obama and have our first job be president."

Allen hasn't been shy about sharing his own conservative political views. During a March interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the actor compared being a Republican in Hollywood to living in 1930s Germany.

"You've gotta be real careful around here," he said. "You get beat up if don't believe what everybody believes. This is like '30s Germany."

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
It'll at least be fun to watch Last Man Standing get cancelled a second time, so there's a silver lining here.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Nooo! I just started watching B99 a few months ago, and I love it so much. It seems like it's too late to make an actual final episode though.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
Nooooo :( NINE NINE! and yeah as mentioned was it doing bad in ratings? i thought it was fine this is totally out of the blue.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
My work had Last Man Standing playing on the breakroom TV and I had to mute it. Every line coming out of Allen's mouth was trash.

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
I used to watch LMS, but only because I have a huge crush on Molly Ephraim

RIP B99, this is the darkest timeline

Oct 25, 2017
Sad, 99 lost me at either s3 or s4 though.

4b0f3929c1ca6e05d124f527b652a701f0f7fd5e.gif

RIP

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
What

I love B99. It's so funny and the best part is that the comedy isn't mean-spirited like most comedys.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
I know it's grasping at straws and it likely won't happen, but anyone with insight into if B99 will/get picked up/rescued somewhere else? Purely anecdotal but it seem pretty big in the UK, seems like a smart grab for a streaming company. Though I did just read this.

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Triple whammy for me, I liked all three, and they didn't get real endings :(

FU Fox

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nooo! I just started watching B99 a few months ago, and I love it so much. It seems like it's too late to make an actual final episode though.

They apparently had written the finale to wrap things up nicely enough just in case but were optimistic about a renewal.

My hope is that another network gives them a go. TBS is weird like that sometimes, so who knows.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
yeah networks going to have to go through a "Real America" tv show phase, cause you know all these minority shows aren't connecting with "real americans"

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was really enjoying B99. I found some of their recent episodes to be some of their strongest yet.

I never gave a crap about LMS, and found the whining about a show with a conservative lead to just be more conservative whining that not everything works out for them.

But this is America in 2018, and this is the way it goes...

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Man. That fucking sucks. Love b99. Captain holt is one of my favorite characters of all time. The delivery of dialogue, his demeanor etc. Just kills me every time.

o7uwEYI.gif

Last man on Earth is dope. They just ended on a cliffhanger too.

Damn.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Dropping 99, The Mick and TLMOE and picking up Last Man Standing is quite the insane quality drop.

But I guess the only people actually watching network TV these days are old people. Gotta appeal to them cord-keepers.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Way to bury the fucking lede. The Mick was cancelled?!!!!

God damn no. It was the most enjoyably crass network comedy they had on air :(

Is Gotham and Empire cancelled too? That's all I got left on fox network

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
They apparently had written the finale to wrap things up nicely enough just in case but were optimistic about a renewal.

My hope is that another network gives them a go. TBS is weird like that sometimes, so who knows.
That's good. I hope there's a decent enough end for the characters.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
They saw the Roseanne ratings and decided they needed a Trumper-friendly show
Well you know all us coastal liberals dont watch tv live and prefer to hedonism it up every night with nonwhites and DVR episodes to binge a few months later instead. No more American values...