• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I already wasn't too high on season 1 and season 2 just lowered my opinion on the show. Probably one of my least favorite Marvel shows

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Kinda sad about The Gifted. First season was pretty damn decent and the second season was a lot better than most of CW's shows. Granted, the X-Men mythos is more interesting to me but still. Was hoping they could pull off a final season on Hulu.

Another one bites the dust

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to watch the final three episodes of The Gifted S2, but skimmed the spoilers following this news. No idea why they would end the season with a cliffhanger knowing well ahead of time that Fox had been bought out by Disney (and subsequently was unlikely to be getting a third season). A shame, the show was still largely preferable to how the films have been minus the Deadpool ones.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So long sexy triplets...

tumblr_phwlr1E8vW1r3ev6so4_1280.png

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have yet to watch the final three episodes of The Gifted S2, but skimmed the spoilers following this news. No idea why they would end the season with a cliffhanger knowing well ahead of time that Fox had been bought out by Disney (and subsequently was unlikely to be getting a third season). A shame, the show was still largely preferable to how the films have been minus the Deadpool ones.

FWIW, the Disney/Fox merger had no direct bearing on whether or not The Gifted would be renewed, since the renewal decision was up to the Fox Broadcasting Company, which Disney didn't acquire.

That said, it could have indirectly impacted the decision, since Fox no longer has any ownership of the series, and thus renewing it might make less sense financially than it would otherwise.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Watched both seasons of The Gifted as it aired, the show never rose above the level of "just OK" imo.

It was super low budget too. Very little use of powers and you could tell their budget got slashed even further in the second season. The main villain in season 2 would just literally open her mouth and then the director would shake the camera or some shit to simulate super sonic scream because they couldn't afford special effects lol.

gifted-emergence1.jpg

I saw this shit and I was like fuck this shit the show is pretty much done for.
There is no way the budget is that low and if it is they are just winding down towards the cancel.

So long sexy triplets...

tumblr_phwlr1E8vW1r3ev6so4_1280.png

Probably the only good thing that came out of this show.

Ive always liked the stepford cuckoos even in the comics seeing them on screen was cool.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what took so long with Rel. I had always planned to watch The Gifted, but it doesn't seem like I was missing that much.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see that coming. Gifted wasn't too exciting but I thought it was decent enough.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I never watched The Rel. I always stopped watching Fox on Sunday nights after Bob's Burgers. I've seen a few promos for it, though. I remember thinking that Sinbad looked terrible in those promos. He looked like he had been dead for six months and they had dug up his corpse and put it on TV.