• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It makes total sense for religious people to think that way, and we irreligious folks can laugh about it but it probably brings some comfort to the families of the victim that it happened in a Church, specially if they feel it was an attack on their faith.

11am

Oct 27, 2017
Tupelo MS
I mean if even I actually was forced to pick a place, I wouldn't want it to be in front of my family and friends with the added threat that they were also in danger

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the mental gymnastics you're expected to put yourself through if you're religious.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Didn't one of them "have a hard time finding anything to hate the Las Vegas Shooter".. Don't remember the exact phrase.

Isn't this more about the shooter looks like he had a pretty normal existence until he decided tonpretty much commit one of the worst mass shootings in US history?

I thought the consensus was he seemed like a pretty normal guy beforehand and no one would have expected it. I can kinda see where that comment is coming from it's just poorly worded. I've not been keeping up with events so maybe it's changed.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
tenor.gif

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this is what it's come down to

America needs a fucking ResetEra

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Oh dear, the president is going to end up repeating a messed up version of this to one of the victims families isn't he?

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
Conway: HOLD MY ALTERNATIVE BEER

"People are taking to Twitter in the comfort of their very luxurious lives, pointing fingers, and as far as I can tell, never really helping in between the tweet storms," she opined. "Never really helped charities, never helped people to heal, never try to reach across for understanding."

Cownway added: "I'm really happy at times like this that President Trump is our commander-in-chief and our leader in this nation. Because unfortunately every president has to help heal the nation at different times, different tragedies. But the rush to judgement, particularly by people who just see politics and Trump derangement in every single thing they do, it doesn't help the victims and it's disrespectful to the dead."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/im...nti-trump-liberals-after-texas-mass-shooting/

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
Conway: HOLD MY ALTERNATIVE BEER

"People are taking to Twitter in the comfort of their very luxurious lives, pointing fingers, and as far as I can tell, never really helping in between the tweet storms," she opined. "Never really helped charities, never helped people to heal, never try to reach across for understanding."

Cownway added: "I'm really happy at times like this that President Trump is our commander-in-chief and our leader in this nation. Because unfortunately every president has to help heal the nation at different times, different tragedies. But the rush to judgement, particularly by people who just see politics and Trump derangement in every single thing they do, it doesn't help the victims and it's disrespectful to the dead."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/im...nti-trump-liberals-after-texas-mass-shooting/

Those terrible people who want to use politics which is precisely the route available to get some form of gun control to lower gun deaths in America!

Get em.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the fuck would you even consider looking for a positive in this situation?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Im just trying to look for the good in this situation. I couldn't find any so i decided to make some shit up"

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Pure insanity. This is because it was a crazed white dude. Anything else and these people would be frenzied to bomb anywhere someone has tan.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
That's assuming they were shot in the 5-10 minute window after communion but before church is over.

Oct 30, 2017
Getting shot at a church is just slightly worse than having a precious weekend day taken away by actually having to go to church.

In seriousness, what a fucking callous thing to say. F&F literally finding the middle ground between religion and getting shot to death. Holy fuck.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A positive would be people coming together to find solutions to stop this from happening.

I wouldn't personally consider choosing a specific location to get murdered in a positive.
I don't agree with the sentiment in the video, but I don't think it's a sentiment that is necessarily wild or out of the norm. For us non-religious folk it sounds crazy but for a lot of Christians I'm willing to bet they feel similarly.
A church is more than just a place you go on Sunday, it's a community center, a place where friendships and families are forged, where faith is strengthened which is important for a lot of folks. So I might not understand completely, but I get the jist of why the show host would have said something like this, especially to Conservative America.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm in some fever dream when I see stuff like this. I'm trapped in a violent hellscape with the biggest fucking morons planet Earth has to provide us with.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh dear, the president is going to end up repeating a messed up version of this to one of the victims families isn't he?
"You know your spouse kind of lucked out. Dying in a church is kind of like the express pass at Disney World. You get to cut ahead of the line, boom, just like that. I should know I have bone spurs so I always get it cause standing too long hurts my feet, which are huge by the way, plus it expends my finite energy reserves. Also I'm rich. Like really really rich. Did you know that? Because I am. So I even get to go ahead of those cripple kids with their 'dur dur durs' and what not. I mean how does a kid in a wheelchair even go on a rollercoaster? Very sad by the way. I hear your child survived being shot, I bet that hurt a bunch, but they will be a bit cripply too, sad, so you'll know soon enough what I'm talking about dealing with that all day. Well this was tremendous wasn't it? That felt great. I'm so glad I could comfort you. Take care now. God Bless. Bye bye."

The scary thing is something not too far off from this actually seems possible at times from this President.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really dangerous way of thinking, and draws my mind immediately to comparisions of certain other religious groups promoting better ways to die...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing is that she actually believes that. It isn't actual bullshit.

It makes total sense for religious people to think that way, and we irreligious folks can laugh about it but it probably brings some comfort to the families of the victim that it happened in a Church, specially if they feel it was an attack on their faith.

Basically.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts and prayers right? At least they'll arrive sooner since they're in church. No need to wait on or pay shipping and handling.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
"No more suffering, no more sadness anymore" is a very strange to say for a couple reasons.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Complete fucking delusion. This is fucking disgusting, no one deserves what happened there, they would not have been pushing this if it was one of their family members. Yes, turn to faith when it's a white guy who uses an AR-15, but when it comes to anyone slightly brown, legal action must be taken.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you work at Fox, there must be a great deal you need to ask forgiveness for.