• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlackAlmighty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if he did go on her show she would mute his mic and kick him out. Just like what she did to Tariq Nasheed he called her out on her slick comment and they got off air quick.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Ingraham has also now challenged LeBron to come on her show to debate.

giphy.gif

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
There's no point. Hopefully his ego doesn't let him sink down to go. That is a gotcha waiting to happen.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Scariest part is, how calculated this is. They know for a fact, that a significant percentage of the audience will eat this up.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Scariest part is, how calculated this is. They know for a fact, that a significant percentage of the audience will eat this up.

You mean their entire audience. Fox news is racist propaganda for white people and those that want to be accepted by white people over their own people..

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what? I don't care if I would commit political suicide by doing so. If I were a Senator or POTUS I'd spend all of my power trying to find ways to destroy Fox News and right wing media by any means legally necessary

Oct 27, 2017
Even if he did go on her show she would mute his mic and kick him out. Just like what she did to Tariq Nasheed he called her out on her slick comment and they got off air quick.

Dang watching that clip right now. She asks how sports can have or be influenced by white supremacy. Makes me think she's as dumb as she is hateful. How could you just walk into that???

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jup she pretty much tried hiding it as a "wave"and then as a "point at you guys!". Like she suddenly realized "Fuck there are cameras" or that she wanted to give a short "shout out to her peeps in the NAZI party". I mean look at that face she pulls with it at front, that makes it more seem like a shout out than a mistaken:"Whoopsie cameras". She is showing people that it is with them, vile disgusting people.... :(.
That was 100% intentional.

He actions were perfectly controlled, the look on her face says it all. Stern during her salute then all fake smiles as she smoothly and simultaneously transitioned into the normal wave.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She knows they are right so all she has is insults and condescending remarks. What a sad life to lead.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact about Laura Ingraham. When she was at Dartmouth in the 80s, she had someone secretly tape the meetings of the Gay Students Association, outed some of the students in print, and sent the tapes to some of their parents.
Know what

I gotta respect the asshole tendencies

They ain't new

She stuck to her shitty guns

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing we can do to put these dumdums in their places is vote their candidates out of office. Take away their voices until they realize that white supremacy has no place in any society

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News: FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS REALLY IMPORTANT STOP GETTING SO EASILY OFFENDED
Fox News when a black person says something they don't like: I HATE FREEDOM OF SPEECH STOP TALKING SHUT UP I'M OFFENDED

bingo

i think they may be projecting when they talk about how supposedly minorities are going to deny them their freedom of speech out of one side of their mouth and complain about minorities "rubbing their culture in their face" (aka existing) out of the other

they aren't subtle

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That was 100% intentional.

He actions were perfectly controlled, the look on her face says it all. Stern during her salute then all fake smiles as she smoothly and simultaneously transitioned into the normal wave.
Yeah, that's what I mean. Either it was on purpose as a shout out to her peeps in the NAZI party (which seems far more likely to me) or... she forgot that she was filmed. But I mean... really the control? It was on purpose. In Germany this would have gotten her a fine, at the least.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why do people care so much about what someone from Fox News is saying if you already hate Fox News?

This isn't gonna make anyone that watches Fox News stop watching so what's the point of blowing this up? To bring more attention to her and her show?

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
The best thing to do is for Lebron to completely ignore this fucker but you already know that the sports media will bring their dumbass questions to Lebron asking if he'll do it.

Eh, I don't know how much the sports media will get on LeBron to do anything. The only thing they seem interested in is asking for reactions but I doubt they're going to try and goad him into sitting down with her on her show. Not their MO.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people care so much about what someone from Fox News is saying if you already hate Fox News?

This isn't gonna make anyone that watches Fox News stop watching so what's the point of blowing this up? To bring more attention to her and her show?

It's important to unmask the blatant racism embedded in organizations of this size that have influence on people .

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's important to unmask the blatant racism embedded in organizations of this size that have influence on people .
Why is that? People already know what they're getting from Fox News. This is really just free advertisement for a new show.

It just seems worthless to call out Fox News every week for what someone is saying on there that will only offend non-viewers.

This is like all the people giving so much attention to Alex Jones and Info Wars that makes them look legitimate.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Why is that? People already know what they're getting from Fox News. This is really just free advertisement for a new show.

It just seems worthless to call out Fox News every week for what someone is saying on there that will only offend non-viewers.

This is like all the people giving so much attention to Alex Jones and Info Wars that makes them look legitimate.

Then how exactly do you potentially change someone's outlook who does subscribe to the Fox propaganda, without calling to attention their blatant racism and dismantling their
hypocrisy?

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Then how exactly do you potentially change someone's outlook who does subscribe to the Fox propaganda, without calling to attention their blatant racism and dismantling their
hypocrisy?
You don't. No ones gonna change. They don't care if the "fake news" is calling them a racist. It should be obvious to anyone by now that regular Fox News viewers aren't gonna be changing the views they've held their whole life.

Oct 27, 2017

Know what else makes them look legitimate? The president giving them press credentials.

The problem is not enough people speak up.

Too many find their hate and lies comforting, in part because they back up their religious delusions.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Bron already made it, there's nothing to be gained from getting trudged out for racists to pillory him who regardless of what he says will equate him to a brute.

Oct 26, 2017
This is a no-win situation.

If he goes - he gets baited no matter how articulate and how HARD he dunks on them.

If he doesn't go - "hahahaha STAY IN YOUR LANE you dumb athlete!!! He's a COWARD!"

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
The NBA is a lot different than the NFL - from their fans, to their owners, to the commissioner. Maybe LeBron should give a heads up to Silver and the PA, and then just refuse to talk to or interview with or whatever he contractually get away with to Fox Sports Ohio which shows the Cavs. Going after the local affiliate may seem petty, but with the Fox - Disney deal still in flux, it may be a pretty powerful protest.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Know what else makes them look legitimate? The president giving them press credentials.

The problem is not enough people speak up.

Too many find their hate and lies comforting, in part because they back up their religious delusions.
What is speaking up going to do other than make Info Wars a household name?

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is a no-win situation.

If he goes - he gets baited no matter how articulate and how HARD he dunks on them.

If he doesn't go - "hahahaha STAY IN YOUR LANE you dumb athlete!!! He's a COWARD!"
Exactly, he's definitely not gonna go and probably won't even acknowledge her. People on his side will respect that and people on her side will see him as a coward like you said then people will forget about until Tucker or Hannity makes headlines a week later.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jones and info wars are laughing stocks because they were exposed. It didn't happen accidentally.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
What causes a person to be that rotten? That is some serious bitterness.

Emotional distance, intense partisanship, and privilege. She tackles that anecdote here , although not the part where she apparently outed students, which I'm having trouble verifying.

Some excerpts:

As editor of the conservative Dartmouth Review in the mid-1980s, I had ignited a major campus controversy when I sent an undercover reporter into a publicly advertised meeting of the Gay Students Association and then printed a transcript of the meeting (but only the names of student officers who had already publicly identified themselves as gay).

Part of what we did was journalistically justifiable: The group received college funding but, unlike every other student group receiving a college grant, refused to make public its membership or budget. We wanted to find out how student funds were being spent and to demonstrate the double standard Dartmouth had created by funding the group. But in doing so, we adopted a purposefully outrageous tone -- occasionally using, for example, the word "sodomites" to describe campus gays.

. . .

But at the same time, in the 10 years since I learned my brother Curtis was gay, my views and rhetoric about homosexuality have been tempered -- not because Curtis proselytizes on gay rights, but because I have seen him and his companion, Richard, lead their lives with dignity, fidelity and courage. By refusing to give in to bitterness or defeat in the face of a relentless disease, they have shown me what C.S. Lewis meant when he wrote that our ideology and faith must leave room for tolerance and empathy. I now regret that at Dartmouth we didn't consider how callous rhetoric can wound -- how someone like Barney Frank must have felt -- not to mention how it undermined our political point.

When Curtis, at age 29, told me he was gay, I was just out of college and working as a speechwriter in the Reagan administration. I had thought about homosexuals only as part of an organized political force on the other side, and while I knew a professor who was gay, I didn't have any gay friends. My first thought was to wonder whether Curtis was embarrassed -- not about being gay, but about me, my politics and my past. At the time of the controversy, his only reaction was to remind me not to let the hullabaloo at the newspaper overtake my studies. Once I knew he was gay, I braced for the "Dartmouth Review conversation." Even his silence felt like a form of admonishment.

. . .

Before I had seen for myself how AIDS ravaged Richard's vibrant mind and body, I had thought it was just like any other disease. To me, the incessant calls for more federal funding for AIDS research were just part of a gay crusade for political affirmation and acceptance.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
On Saturday, Ingraham released a statement defending her comments.

"In 2003, I wrote a New York Times bestseller called 'Shut Up & Sing,' in which I criticized celebrities like the Dixie Chicks and Barbra Streisand, who were trashing then-President George W. Bush. I have used a variation of that title for more than 15 years to respond to performers who sound off on politics," Ingraham said. "... If pro athletes and entertainers want to freelance as political pundits, then they should not be surprised when they're called out for insulting politicians. There was no racial intent in my remarks -- false, defamatory charges of racism are a transparent attempt to immunize entertainment and sports elites from scrutiny and criticism."

The pot calling the kettle black.

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah her inviting Lebron seems like a ploy for her to boost her ratings which effectively is the main goal of her show. Nothing to be gained from him going on there.