• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Relevant warning: The video contains description of graphic violence from the Nisour Square Massacre in Iraq on September 16, 2007, at the hands of the American Private Military Contractor, Blackwater. Frankly everyone especially if you are a fucking American, owes it to the victims to sit through and watch and listen closely to ALL OF IT.

Conservatism is a degenerate cancer. It is the purveyor of status quo that keeps the downtrodden so whilst framing the narrative of the nobility of bigotry, racism, xenophobia and other established avenues of discrimination. And in the American conservative mainstream media, none is more degenerate and vile than Fox News.

The following video covers the aforementioned massacre, how it is being framed in the conservative media, its ramification and the reason why it is so fucking heinous.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Will watch a bit later and post my thoughts. At work right now but thanks for sharing the link.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Subbed so I can follow this later when I'm not at work.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Saw this last night, I mean I knew Fox was fucking evil but this fucking took the cake.
My blood boiled.

Fuck these assholes and I love Three Arrows for calling them out on their shit, unfortunately the people who NEED to see this shit will probably call it all "fake" and just keep watching Tucker Carlson and blame the left for everything.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it yesterday. Just another day at the Fox grift world.

The main instigator of the massacre is the textbook definition of the rightwing American sociopath. Looks like it too.

I just don't understand how private military contractors are legal?

Literally everything is for sale under capitalism. Also, a lack of accountability.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hey Please

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I just don't understand how private military contractors are legal?

The introductory part of where the narrator describes the Pros of deploying PMC are the key reasons. It is politically very advantageous and those in power make what is and is not "legal". In general, mercenaries have existed for a long time but Americans have made a thriving enterprise out of it since the 9/11.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I watched the video early today, I forgot I was even subbed to him.
Absolutely incredible video, and fuck Fox News.
The clip starting at 2:50 blew my fucking mind.

Jun 22, 2019
In general, mercenaries have existed for a long time but Americans have made a thriving enterprise out of it since the 9/11.

147042C6AA0E57D8DA30BFE4AB0B5555EFE27EAF

Dumb jokes aside, it's an infuriating topic and the video is really good.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted to add that Giant Bomb's Alex Navarro is someone I already have tremendous respect for but the quote this video pulled from him regarding PMC's is spectacularly on point and the type of thing you would never hear from almost any other game reviewer.

Dude's a treasure.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hope this isn't off topic, but any background on this channel? Especially curious since that thread I found of users giving a bit of info on channels that are good to follow or channels that have become problematic.

The topic that the video covers is very interesting to me having followed Jeremy Scahill for years.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Watched this last night. Good stuff as always, though the actual subject matter is quite abhorrent and enraging. America has always had a fairly terrible track record and low consideration for the lives of non-Americans even in the most egregious and clear cut situations of wrong doing like this, but post 9/11 America is just frustratingly atrocious with it. Fox News and conservative media make a very concerted effort to whitewash these kinds of events and provide major cover for groups like Blackwater or the military in general, but the rest of media/society is rather unacceptable as well. Often times co-opting very similar language and positions or by how little they actually push for accountability and justice for these specific crimes or the deeply problematic and destructive US foreign policy that allows for them to happen.

How many times did we seen stories about botched drone strikes taking out dozens of innocents or similar military strikes/missions with reports of civilian casualties? Abu Ghraib was the closest we've had to real widespread public outrage over an incident and even the aftermath of that was pretty tame with mostly slaps on the wrists and very light prison sentences for a few people. It definitely soured people on the war even more, but it didn't effect any real change in foreign policy or respect for foreign lives. The very definition of "enemy combatant" that the government uses/used is insane. Culturally/socially we're basically conditioned with this expectation and notion that death, violence and suffering is commonplace for these people and places.

Just shy of 3,000 lives were lost on 9/11 and it was an earth shattering tragedy for our country, whose impact is almost impossible to fully comprehend, but hundreds of thousands and millions of deaths elsewhere, directly or indirectly because of us, are just a thing that most Americans don't bat an eye at, let alone accept or acknowledge as a reasonable grievance for why so many people might distrust or even hate America. It's just a much larger scale version of the lack of consideration and importance given to black and other minority lives in the US itself. When it happens to us it's a national tragedy, when it happens to them it's just another Tuesday in the Middle East, or Baltimore, or South Side or some such. Crack epidemic vs Opioid crisis. Etc.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Hope this isn't off topic, but any background on this channel? Especially curious since that thread I found of users giving a bit of info on channels that are good to follow or channels that have become problematic.

The topic that the video covers is very interesting to me having followed Jeremy Scahill for years.
He's a German youtuber. posts long in depth analysis videos which is usually political. historical or social in nature. He has debunked people like Steven Crowder, Sargon of Akkad, and so on.

Jun 20, 2019
I remember family members getting angry at me for an off-hand comment calling PMCs like Blackwater "mercenaries". Denial of what was being done in Iraq and why was virulent and deadly.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I'd never seen that Waters clip with the segue at the end. Talk about not being self-aware, goddamn!

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Three arrows keeps on delivering! I watched this at work today and had to say what the fuck out loud while putting hands an my head. Arrows does a great job of humanizing this absolute tragedy...

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
fuck, i had forgotten Eric Prince and Betsy DeVos were the same crime family. now i know again. fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing how given one look at the four people in question, you can pretty much guess what happened and who started it

OP
OP
Hey Please

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Blackwater again huh...havent heard from them in a while.

Yeah...this has been codefied into American foreign policy after all these years...private industry and money keep this going even higher.

Especially after 9/11 this was common. This is why things like CODMW trying to casually put US atrocities on Russia is fucking hilarious.

Glad to see the Spec ops shout out as well.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching the video and I just don't have any words, other than to say I hope the families of the victims are somehow able to find peace, and I hope all those responsible for their deaths, both directly and indirectly someday face justice.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
If anything though I thank the OP for linking the video to this particular youtuber, going through their playlist is really enlightening in learning about politics and history from an outside perspective (the youtuber being German).

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking insane. Triggerhappy sadistic cowboys.
Erik Prince seems like a charming fellow...........

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
looool the part at 2:50

the lol was just my initial reaction. the head shaking and sense of futility came 10 seconds later

Last edited:

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's a German youtuber. posts long in depth analysis videos which is usually political. historical or social in nature. He has debunked people like Steven Crowder, Sargon of Akkad, and so on.
Anyone who clowns Sargon of Akkad is a hero in my book.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's insane to watch so many people and institutions who claim they have integrity, fall over themselves to not just defend men like Slatten but even more to spare them from consequences of any type. His colleagues may have tried to act like violent bigoted monsters like Slatten are some sort of rarity but his mentality is the norm. Erik Prince himself is just as much of an idiotic, violence-thirsty thug but simply wearing a suit and his organization from the ground up is about attracting and breeding men just like that and worse.