• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
It's so weird that these nerds have turned corporate media products into some culture war thing. Utterly perplexing that human beings would do this. Maybe it's because a lot of them are in their mid-teens or something?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm tired of other white males being so fragile. We had our moments for the last 10 centuries, let someone else be in the spotlight without throwing a temper tantrum.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
Add about twenty, thirty years to that and you'd be a lot closer.
That's the sad thing. It would still be bad if it was teen boys, but at least them getting suckered into a culture war about films for their age group makes sense. How boring and uneventful is your life that you get up in arms about stuff like this? Just people that have faced absolutely zero adversity in their adult lives. Born in middle class suburbia, die in middle class suburbia.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the sad thing. It would still be bad if it was teen boys, but at least them getting suckered into a culture war about films for their age group makes sense. How boring and uneventful is your life that you get up in arms about stuff like this? Just people that have faced absolutely zero adversity in their adult lives. Born in middle class suburbia, die in middle class suburbia.

Honestly a lot of it is due to men who are rather possessive of their hobbies and interests. Pretty much anything with a predominantly male demographic is very tough for women to get into because those same men just... do not like to share.

My dad was like it all the time. He'd constantly complain about how there are "boys things" and there are "girls things" and I swear you could see a vein in his head pop whenever I started taking an interest in those "boys things" (like playing videogames, staying single and getting a job) and doing them better than the boys themselves.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
703985.jpg

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly a lot of it is due to men who are rather possessive of their hobbies and interests. Pretty much anything with a predominantly male demographic is very tough for women to get into because those same men just... do not like to share.

My dad was like it all the time. He'd constantly complain about how there are "boys things" and there are "girls things" and I swear you could see a vein in his head pop whenever I started taking an interest in those "boys things" (like playing videogames, staying single and getting a job) and doing them better than the boys themselves.

To add on, it doesn't help that a lot of men then and still a lot of men now grew up being told that boys have certain hobbies while girls like different things. Imagine 20,30 years of being told that constantly. It sucks.

And it sucks that they're now telling people the same thing and bombing reviews just because.

ManEater

Feb 15, 2019
We had the same for Black Panther and watch how that turned out for the movie.
If the trend continues, Cap Marvel will be great!

Mar 29, 2018
Edit: This is what Brie said that upset them.

"About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male. So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of colour, it sounded like across the board they weren't getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren't providing it, they all had different excuses. "
It's like literally the most reasonable and level-headed thing you could say

From the content to the way she put it

Jfc

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The exact same people who attacked TLJ for pushing "SJW" values and feminism are doing the same for Cap Marvel. It's gross.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I have to say I'm surprised. Marvel fans are usually painted as uber progressive (in my experience consuming CBM news) so to see this many people freaking out is kind of strange?

You should check out the r/marvelstudios subreddit. For an MCU fan subreddit, there's tons of posts bitching about how Black Panther is overrated and doesn't deserve the Best Picture noms. There were even posts about how "unrealistic" it is that Shuri is a genius.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should check out the r/marvelstudios subreddit. For an MCU fan subreddit, there's tons of posts bitching about how Black Panther is overrated and doesn't deserve the Best Picture noms. There were even posts about how "unrealistic" it is that Shuri is a genius.
Yep. Anything big enough gets an alt right "fandom".

Star Wars and George Lucas always preached a progressive ideology...yet we all know about that alt right group that lashed out.

Same with Star Trek. Very very progressive franchise. Yet YouTube is full of anti Star Trek Discovery videos for daring to have a diverse cast and screaming about how the show pushes feminism.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I can't anymore.

How do people get to this point in their lives. How can people get up, say hateful shit like this and think to themselves, "this is good".

I'm done.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same with Star Trek. Very very progressive franchise. Yet YouTube is full of anti Star Trek Discovery videos for daring to have a diverse cast and screaming about how the show pushes feminism.
Well that absolutely is the stupidest thing I've heard all day especially considering that while one could argue Star Wars was at least a tiny bit subtle, star trek was always pushing the boundaries for social progression.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand their "reflection". Because the lead actress would like to be interviewed by a more diverse array of journalists, it supposedly means that she doesn't want white males to go watch the movie ?

How can anyone reach this conclusion ?

" She want's to give work to more wahmen and people of color ! She hates white guys ! Whaaaaaaa ! "

Is that it ?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
What a bunch of losers.

I can't imagine the level of the stupidity it takes to think that the inclusion of others means the exclusion of yourself. Inclusion doesn't mean exclusion you morons.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that absolutely is the stupidest thing I've heard all day especially considering that while one could argue Star Wars was at least a tiny bit subtle, star trek was always pushing the boundaries for social progression.
It is relentless. Star Trek YouTube scene is full of this alt right nonsense just like you see with TLJ and Cap Marvel.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand their "reflection". Because the lead actress would like to be interviewed by a more diverse array of journalists, it supposedly means that she doesn't want white males to go watch the movie ?

" She want's to give work to more wahmen and people of color ! She hates white guys ! Whaaaaaaa ! "

Is that it ?
They don't like what they see reflected in the mirror so they deflect. Typical response from a privileged class accused of oppressing others.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, even if the movie turns out to be mediocre, there really isn't anything wrong with what Brie said. If someone said that in person I'd go, oh okay, that's cool, I hope we get to hear from those people and move on with my life. The process of being such a snowflake to review bomb a Marvel movie for the main actor urging inclusiveness is just plain pathetic.

Oct 31, 2017

Is that it ?

If you make space for everyone else, you'll have less white guys.

diversity = white genocide is literally something these microdicks say

of course it doesn't make sense unless you believe whiteness is dependent on hegemony to survive

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

Is that it ?

These people believe we are very close to already living in a pure meritocracy, and that they themselves would have everything they want in life, if only people like her weren't handing it away to the less deserving so she can make a statement and deliberately ruin their lives.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Hope the Ghostbusters thing is not going to happen to this movie. Let's judge it on its own merits, if it's good, it's good; if it's not, it's not.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Anything big enough gets an alt right "fandom".

Star Wars and George Lucas always preached a progressive ideology...yet we all know about that alt right group that lashed out.

The Star Trek one really gets me. Like surely the people complaining on youtube are not actually fans of the series right?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If/when the movie pulls in black panther money, I wonder if those losers will do any self reflection?

Hahaha, of course not.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Hope the Ghostbusters thing is not going to happen to this movie. Let's judge it on its own merits, if it's good, it's good; if it's not, it's not.
There is no Ghostbusters thing, if the movie is good it will make money. BP, TLJ and WW all made money despite similar online BS because audiences liked those movies. Ghostbusters would have done fine if it was a better movie.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Star Trek one really gets me. Like surely the people complaining on youtube are not actually fans of the series right?
They are convinced Star Trek was about cool dudes being badass in space fighting aliens. The politics and morality went right over their heads. Now that they are radically alt-right they see it and freak out.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Normally my take is this is dumb bullshit that doesn't matter and isn't real, you're wasting your time rising to it.

The fun wrinkle on this one is that the "man babies" include EviLore.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
"Marvel fans are usually painted as uber progressive (in my experience consuming CBM news) so to see this many people freaking out is kind of strange?"

Oh mate, have you never met comic book people before?

Jul 3, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Sexist commentary and previous severe infractions
She has stated some toxic things so dumb retaliation like this is unfortunately expected.

Edit: Don't let your own fragility make you upset.

Hope the movie will indeed be good.