• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand these people.

I'm excited for Captain Marvel (Or really any film where Brie Larson gets to kick some ass, frankly). I'll go watch it and judge it on its own merit. Its existence isn't some sort of weird judgement on me, or men as a whole....or whatever.

And Brie wants to see a more diverse room at press days...well...yeah, I've no problem with that. I mean, "best person for the job" and all but I think most people realise that with increased diversity you get more creativity and different approaches to things than in a monoculture...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oct 25, 2017
She has stated some toxic things so dumb retaliation like this is unfortunately expected.

Edit: Don't let your own fragility make you upset.

Hope the movie will indeed be good.
tenor.gif

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
They should be worshiping Brie
If she didn't talk so much, wore more bikinis/skimpy battle armor, and they wrote in a white male perspective protagonist for the movie(bonus points if he's a nerd/otaku who is antisocial and snarky but also the smartest person ever and the obsession of every female character in the film) then she'd likely be seen as thier new "waifu".

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
If she didn't talk so much, wore more bikinis/skimpy battle armor, and they wrote in a white male perspective protagonist for the movie(bonus points if he's a nerd/otaku who is antisocial and snarky but also the smartest person ever and the obsession of every female character in the film) then she'd likely be seen as thier new "waifu".

giphy.gif

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't really know the character in the comics, but i'm really hype about this, the second trailer is awesome (i believe is the best trailer for any MU Movie yet).

About the toxic assholes, that's expected and i could´t care less about their "reviews" fuck them. If i remember correctly, the very same crowd tried to pull the same shit with Black Panther. Good for nothing idiots.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

In a very reductionist sense, this might be one of the reasons why WW doesn't get this type of backlash.

Which is discouraging to say the least.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
What is this poster talking about?!

Brie gave an interview where she said she wanted a more diverse selection of journalists on the junket tour for CM because a lot of time they don't get access. People took her words, selectively quoted it out of context, and made the claim that she wanted to kill all white men.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Brie gave an interview where she said she wanted a more diverse selection of journalists on the junket tour for CM because a lot of time they don't get access. People took her words, selectively quoted it out of context, and made the claim that she wanted to kill all white men.
Thank you. I saw that in the OP but the post I quoted seemed to imply that there were other comments made, comments that were actually toxic.

I hope Captain Marvel is good.

It was heart-wrenching when the Ghostbusters reboot turned out to be a mediocre CG fest, not just as a fan of the series but because all the shitheel MRA and Gamergate-types felt vindicated.

Ugh.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
These people just want attention, don't give it to them.

That's not it (they're using fake names).

They believe that if they can bomb the user scores on RT and IMDB it'll cause the movie to bomb and Marvel to cancel Brie's seven movie contract as well as the Black Widow movie. They believe that they caused the low Solo box office, when in reality it was the release date, but that gives them more ammunition to continue doing it.

They tried with Black Panther last year and failed. And the CM tracking is almost identical at this point.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Identical to BP in terms of tracking? That'd be a huge shock.
You've got 50% of the population getting a super hero film with a lead that they can identify with in some way that they don;t typically get.

I always figured this was going to be massive.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the manbaby tears when this movie ends up doing great despite their best efforts.

Imagine wanting a comic book movie to bomb because the lead is a woman who believes in equality. The kind of life you have to lead in order to arrive at that point must suck so much.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is relentless. Star Trek YouTube scene is full of this alt right nonsense just like you see with TLJ and Cap Marvel.
This is basically the reason I've stopped watching movie reviews and discussions on youtube outside of one or two people (Like lindsay ellis), the stupidity that people push is infuriating, and doubly so when people eat it up wholesale.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i think we get real impressions late tonight, so tomorrow we will see some interesting quotes ahead of that 100 mil OW

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
The Rotten tomatoes thing is nothing, it takes seconds to login and vote it down. What's crazy is YouTube comicsgaters. They have it in for Brie Larson and this movie like they've had a loved one murdered. Just search "Captain Marvel" and sort 'posted in the past day' to see the crazy amount of time and effort they're putting to set a crazy narrative that this movie and Larson are out to get white males.