• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Le Monde, we have concrete numbers about Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed Origins launch in France.

At launch, Super Mario Odyssey sold 115 000 copies "an impressive number for a 6 months-old console". To put it in perspective, 3D World sold 80 000 copies in its whole first calendar year. ( Nov&Dec 2013 ). Moreover this figure doesn't include the bundle and digital sales. The bundle is currently sold out in Amazon.fr and has reportedly been bought "numerous" times.

But Ubisoft is also showing great success with ACO who sold 145 000 copies in 5 days, with two more days tracked than Syndicate (95 000). It is a "very big rebound" for the series, ACO approaches ACIV numbers (155 000) and may have outsold it because digital and bundles are still not tracked. The release of the Gold and Gods Edition has also caused a "growth of revenue". That's great news for the franchise but ACO is still tracking behind ACIII who managed to sell 250 000 copies in 2012.

Source : Le Monde

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Great news
Are those ac4 numbers for the last gen launch or the current gen launch?
ACO is gonna be huge especially in the middle East and boy does it deserve it.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn strong numbers for both Mario and Origins. Those 2 games seem to be performing well in pretty much every market

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very, very impressive.

Never would've thought Mario would come back *this* big. I was neither bullish nor down on Odyssey pre-release but regardless it's done incredibly by all accounts.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
This is completely off topic, but props to the fact checkers at Le Monde for being up to date on the latest Mario lore and referring to him as "l'ex-plombier". I don't know why it cracks me up so much to see that.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey had the biggest launch for a Switch game, overthrowing Zelda BotW who managed to sell 97 000 copies at launch.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
This is completely off topic, but props to the fact checkers at Le Monde for being up to date on the latest Mario lore and referring to him as "l'ex-plombier". I don't know why it cracks me up so much to see that.

Le Monde is a great newspaper, super trustworthy, it doesn't surprise they got it right! Still impressive, props to good journalism! And to Nintendo and Ubisoft

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France always was Nintendo home even if Sony gained a lot with the PS4, AC numbers are well deserved, fantastic game.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I know digital sales are a lost cause, but is there a way to find bundled sales for any market without the publisher revealing it? Does NPD track it?