• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43300313

France plans to fix the legal age of sexual consent as 15, meaning sex with someone younger than that would be considered rape.
Equality Minister Marlène Schiappa welcomed the move, which follows advice from doctors and legal experts.

Currently, prosecutors must prove sex with someone under 15 was forced in order to bring rape charges.

The change comes amid uproar over two recent cases of men accused of having sex with 11-year-old girls.

Under the existing legislation, if there is no violence or coercion proved, offenders may only be charged with sexual abuse of a minor and not rape . This has a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of €75,000 (£66,000; $87,000).

Sentences are the same for sexual assaults of minors and non-minors , but rape convictions carry much harsher punishments.
One French woman in eight has been raped, study says

French plans for anti-street harassment law
The government is to approve the new age limit as part of a package of other laws against sexual violence and harassment in the coming weeks.

It had been discussing whether to set the age as 13 or 15, which is what groups fighting violence against children had campaigned for.
Ms Schiappa told AFP news agency that she was "very glad" that the higher age was chosen. The limit is also supported by President Emmanuel Macron.

Minister of Solidarity and Health Agnès Buzyn said setting a legal age of sexual consent would allow a "collective awareness" and that everyone would see what was "legal and illegal", Le Figaro newspaper reports (in French).

Last November, a 30-year-old man was acquitted of rape after a court determined his 11-year-old victim had not been subjected to "constraint, threat, violence or surprise".

In another case, a court initially said a 28-year-old man should face charges of sexual assault, and not rape, after saying the victim was not physically forced to have sex.
But the same court reversed its decision last month, saying the accused should indeed face rape charges.

Legislation varies across Europe, with countries setting different legal ages of consent:

14 years old: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal
15: Greece, Poland, Sweden
16: Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Russia
17: Cyprus

In the UK the age of sexual consent is 16, but children under the age of 13 have additional legal protections that declare they can never consent to sexual activity.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My dick was out of control at 15. Now it barely moves, just sighs and hangs low.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: inflammatory remark, unsubstantiated accusations of pedophilia
Before anyone jumps in to defend this. Defending age of consent under 18 is defending pedophilia.

Edit: Obviously there should be Romeo and Juliet laws as well.

Last edited:

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
good, not having an age of consent below which having sex with someone is considered rape is bonkers

not really, that's around the time when most people's sexuality will have awakened

And they are really stupid and financially dependant, wich is pefect for grooming and manipulation.

Grown men pursuing teenagers have major issues, I will never understand how people can defend that thpe of relationship with a straight face.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Under the existing legislation, if there is no violence or coercion proved, offenders may only be charged with sexual abuse of a minor and not rape. This has a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of €75,000 (£66,000; $87,000).

Last November, a 30-year-old man was acquitted of rape after a court determined his 11-year-old victim had not been subjected to "constraint, threat, violence or surprise".

Last edited:

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
15... OP isn't very clear in what this is actually about.

Yeah, before the age of consent was 15 but if you had sex w/ someone under that age you needed to prove coercion or force for a rape charge. Now, just the act of having sex w/ someone under the age of 15 will be considered rape, like in the US where statutory rape needs no motive or specific action beyond having sex w/ someone underage, it's a strict liability law.

15 is a pretty crazy age still but I'm coming from an American view where it's mostly 17/18, I understand Europeans have lower ages for these laws usually.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
And they are really stupid and financially dependant, wich is pefect for grooming and manipulation.

Grown men pursuing teenagers have major issues, I will never understand how people can defend that thpe of relationship with a straight face.
I agree grown men have no business going for teenagers. Having sex with someone who is financially dependant on you (including prostitution) should be illegal, regardless of their age. Or dependant on you in any way, really.

But having an age of consent older than 15 causes issues for sexually active teenagers

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this hard?

If your over 18, you can only fuck anyone over 18 or 1 calendar year below to get by legal shenanigans
If your 15-17, then that age group can have consent among them

So now a 40-50 you creeper can just go grab a freshman in High School and it will be A-OK, sounds absurd

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Interesting, it's already 15 in Sweden where I live so all the knee-jerk "omg pedophile alert" posts all look ridicilous to me.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
15 doesn't sound unreasonable as a baseline, particularly if there's still the possibility for jurisdictions below the federal level to define further terms and conditions ("Romeo" laws, etc.).

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree grown men have no business going for teenagers. Having sex with someone who is financially dependant on you (including prostitution) should be illegal, regardless of their age. Or dependant on you in any way, really.

But having an age of consent older than 15 causes issues for sexually active teenagers
Not with Romeo and Juliet laws.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
For all those confused about this. Age of consent has always been 15 in France. Before now, if someone had sex with a minor under 15, it was "just" a sexual aggression on a minor unless the victim was able to prove it was forced. Now, the victim doesn't have to prove force, it is automatically rape, which is much more harshly punished.

EDIT: beaten several times, but I'm sure people will still miss it

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why one would set the age of consent as different from the age of majority. If you don't regard a 15 year old as an adult, why would this be something they can reasonably consent to?

Cucurbitacée

Oct 28, 2017
Frankfurt am Main
That's not true. The actual text would state that an adult having sex with a minor below 15 will automatically charged as rape. Having sex with someone below 18 is still a crime, but not automatically charged as rape.

Oct 25, 2017
For all those confused about this. Age of consent has always been 15 in France. Before now, if someone had sex with a minor under 15, it was "just" a sexual aggression on a minor unless the victim was able to prove it was forced. Now, the victim doesn't have to prove force, it is automatically rape, which is much more harshly punished.

thanks for clarifying. this seems good, then.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Before anyone jumps in to defend this. Defending age of consent under 18 is defending pedophilia.
I don't you fully understand what you're saying here. Age of consent as the new law defines it makes any sexual activity with somebody under that rape.

Are you really saying right now that you want age of consent to be 18? That would mean two 17 year olds having sex could each be charged for rape.

I don't think you understand what "age of consent" means.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's kind of a can of worms, isn't it? What about, like, a single-income household? I agree that power differentials in relationships have a high potential for abuse, but I would never take an absolutist stance about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.