• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Europe was the weakest region for Monster Hunter World with 2 million units sold (retail + digital). The country where it sold best was Germany but outside this region it didn't have many chances to chart anywhere else in a retail yearly best selling top 20 chart.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
fifa is 5:1 between ps and xbox. Yeesh.
I've said it repeatedly. All it takes for a PlayStation console to rule Europe is to exist and to have the latest FIFA.

...and possibly to cost less that its direct competitor, something that Sony learned hard with PS3 and it's surely not going to do wrong again.

PlayStation could literally have no other game and it would still be the top seller in Europe. That's how revolutionary the brand was there in the Nineties. And people really, really love their football here.

The overall numbers don't seem crazy high for a 67-million citizens country, but I don't have the numbers to compare to other countries. Is console/video games penetration proportionally higher in the other big markets?

Jan 20, 2019
I've said it repeatedly. All it takes for a PlayStation console to rule Europe is to exist and to have the latest FIFA.

...and possibly to cost less that its direct competitor, something that Sony learned hard with PS3 and it's surely not going to do wrong again.

PlayStation could literally have no other game and it would still be the top seller in Europe. That's how revolutionary the brand was there in the Nineties. And people really, really love their football here.

The overall numbers don't seem crazy high for a 67-million citizens country, but I don't have the numbers to compare to other countries. Is console/video games penetration proportionally higher in the other big markets?

It also helps a lot that asia also likes football a lot. In some countrys in Asia, only Sony and Valve have support there.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive Switch FIFA sales. Next years FIFA will sell more if it's fully featured. I was hoping to see Diablo 3 up there too because its still selling well on the eshop months after release. Maybe its just a few spots outside of the charts.

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Monster Hunter World and Battlefield V are in the top 20 in value at least (unlike Fallout 76), check the page 19 of the document. The most surprising absence to me here is Spyro Reignited Trilogy, especially since it was in the UK top 20. It's clear Spyro does not have the same power Crash has.

Another noteworthy stat here is the number of consoles sold (page 16)

Home console : 2,519,114
Handheld : 269,423
Retrogaming (NES/SNES Mini, PS Classic...) : 252,586

We know from Nintendo that Switch sold 1,1 million in 2018, that leaves 1,4 million of hardware sales for PS4 and Xbox One (minus a couple of sales for older hardware like Wii U maybe). With that, I believe PS4 was not very far behind Switch last year.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
the report isn't clear about that. It's only "console software digital". So my guess is that it's everything mixed from full games to DLC and other paid cosmetics. Even all included I wouldn't bet on digital being the majority as we certainly have the highest prices in EU for anything downloaded on console. PSN and Xbox live FR are often the most expensive marketplaces in the world and 20 to 30% more expensive than the same game found in retail or AMZ (and I know a lot of xbox gamers using exotic stores to by digitaly at a cheaper price...).
The report is actually prety clear that the split is revenue based. 54% of console revenue is from digital sales, 46 from physical sales. It would stand to reason to consider it's all revenue and not just games sales revenue.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
it's clear that it's revenue, but not what's exactly inside. For example : do they consider gamepass, or any other subscription model like PS NOW, inside this revenu ?

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playstation and Nintendo, sounds about right from us.

The real highlight is Mario party doing those numbers.

The trash version of FIFA 19 being nearly on par with the XB1 version is outstanding though. Usually everyone just buy the PS4 version.

Looks like everyone did just buy the PS4 version though.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
It's everything.

They specifically mention DLC, game streaming, microtransactions and subscriptions.

Where did you see that ? The only thing I can see is page 6 about the GSD methodology, and they say that the digital panel is only for full games sold through PSN/XBL and "PC reseller network". So if you believe them the "digital" part of 54% is only full games, which I'm not buying at all.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you see that ? The only thing I can see is page 6 about the GSD methodology, and they say that the digital panel is only for full games sold through PSN/XBL and "PC reseller network". So if you believe them the "digital" part of 54% is only full games, which I'm not buying at all.

It's on page 9 where the sources are written.

Oct 27, 2017
...and some people still think that a new gen can be a reset for Xbox in Europe. If beating 1-2 Switch by 10.000 units with your best selling title in France isn't "dead" I don't know what to tell you, lol.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! It's well deserve anyway!

In Spain he also won the Prince of Asturias award, thats similar to France's knighthood of Order of Arts and Letters.
It was given to him by the Prince of Spain (now King, the new award is called Princess of Asturias).
2012_06_shigeru_imf-9986.jpg

H also danced typical asturias dancing lol
miyamoto_baila_gaiteros.jpg

Europe's arts and sciences love Miyamoto, thats for sure hahaha

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Those are some really poor numbers for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

FIFA 19 still doing 52.000+ copies between PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. These are legacy editions at this point.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
In Spain he also won the Prince of Asturias award, thats similar to France's knighthood of Order of Arts and Letters.
It was given to him by the Prince of Spain (now King, the new award is called Princess of Asturias).
2012_06_shigeru_imf-9986.jpg

H also danced typical asturias dancing lol
miyamoto_baila_gaiteros.jpg

Europe's arts and sciences love Miyamoto, thats for sure hahaha
That's amazing!

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yes, but that's for the full market and contradicts what's on page 6 about console only sources ("full games from PSN and XBL").

If you look at page 15 when they're talking about revenue split, they're using the same 67% increase in digital sales used on page 9 where they explicit that they're counting DLC, MTs and subscriptions. It would

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Why do the publish charts with errors?
RDR2 on Xbox One is 319k units.

Where is that on the individual chart?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Why do the publish charts with errors?
RDR2 on Xbox One is 319k units.

Where is that on the individual chart?

There is no error and the Xbox One SKU didn't sell 319k units. You are forgetting the other SKUs like ultimate edition or special edition which are included in the combined chart but not in the RDR2 PS4 SKU on the individual chart.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
There is no error and the Xbox One SKU didn't sell 319k units. You are forgetting the other SKUs like ultimate edition or special edition which are included in the combined chart but not in the RDR2 PS4 SKU on the individual chart.

Ahh i see it now in the value share. Makes sense
3owyndE.png

4 million Euros still left for Xbox One Special Edition and Ps4 and Xbox One UE
If the Xbox One Version has a similar ASP as the Ps4 regular SKU it would be just shy of Fifa 19 on Switch with 155k units.