• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the website down? lol
nvmd, took a long time to load!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does my progress carry over between Steam and Bethesda.net?
All game progress carries. Atoms and Fallout 1st membership entitlements are the only parts which are not integrated due to technical limitations.

Will my Atoms transfer from my Bethesda.net account to my Steam account?
No. Your Atoms will not be transferrable from Bethesda.net to Steam. However, if you use your Atoms to purchase items from the Atomic Shop, these items will carry over to your Steam account if you're logging in with the same Bethesda.net username.

Good to hear on progress... In regards to the Atoms I assume it's for both paid and ones earned via challenges?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
lol.

has the game improved any? is it worth playing?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
that title confused me, then i read the tweet and then i realized that i originally read the title as "get it free on steam if you download the bethesda launcher" which makes even less sense.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Niiiice. Will get. Beth launcher is atrocious and I want to check out Wastelanders when it releases.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
that title confused me, then i read the tweet and then i realized that i originally read the title as "get it free on steam if you download the bethesda launcher" which makes even less sense.

Yeah I'm kinda confused at the thread title in relation to the tweet as well.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
You will also get the Fallout Classic bundle (1, 2, Tactics)

If you haven't purchased Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, we still have a surprise for you when you join us on Steam. From April 14 through April 28, if you buy Fallout 76 on Steam (either the standard Fallout 76: Wastelanders version or the Fallout 76: Wastelanders Deluxe Edition), you will receive the Fallout Classic Collection – a bundle that includes Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics – for free! Those who own the game on Bethesda.net and activate their free Steam copy will also receive the Fallout Classic Collection during that two-week post-launch window.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
that will be nice, I haven't touched it since launch and it will be easier to launch from my regular list of games in steam.

I'm interested to go back in after all this time (and patches) to see what this single-player experience is like. I can make my own story.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Will we need to re-download it I guess? I wish Red Dead Online were this way too. The messaging system sucks in that game.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so wait, is the atom shop thing a one-time transfer (as in, anything you buy from the store before April 12 will be migrated over but no items afterward), or is it just that the currency doesn't work cross-platform, but you could use atoms from your Bethesda.net account AFTER the Steam launch to buy something, and it'll show up on the Steam side?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly glad to hear it. I wish more services did this, so that you can earn Steam achievements even if you bought the game outside of Steam.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Isn't this also very pro consumer for Valve to allow?

EA should also do this when moving to Steam.

Very much so, but really, this isn't even any sort of special dispensation on Valve's part, since their stance has always been that anything that gets more people into the Steam ecosystem is worth it to them, which is why developers have always been able to generate unlimited free keys to distribute (or sell) as they see fit, the only condition being that the game is also for sale on Steam's storefront.

Oct 27, 2017
Are they abandoning the launcher?

Considering they just released Doom Eternal a couple of weeks ago on both Steam and Bethesda Launcher (with the only the way to get the Steam version through Steam itself), it seems unlikely.

I think this is just because Fallout 76 is a GaaS, so they figure that the more people playing it regularly, the better for them, and if that means they have to temporarily loosen their platform lock-in then so be it.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I hope this is an indication that their launcher is being phased out, or at least future games will launch on steam concurrently.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
so is the game actually free or do you have to buy it and then you get to move it over to another platform? that's not free.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is good news - it'll be nice to launch it from Steam. I had some issues linking my account and had to contact support, but it all worked out in time for this!

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Can't link my bethesda account to steam, it gives me an error and support just dont answer. RIP

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
1, 2, Tactics and 76 were added to my Steam library this morning. There's no notification or anything.