• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
As was reported a few days ago, Nintendo of America has started repairing Joy-con drift for free, even if your warranty has expired. So far we didn't have any confirmation about this also happening on other territories but finally an authorized Nintendo repair shop in Costa Rica has confirmed that the free repairs have been extended to all Latin America.

If you are in Latin America and are having problems you can find the number for your local authorized repair shop in this page: https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/es_la/repair.jsp

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
But will Latamel offer this for México in particular? Or will they be their usual greedy selves? I wonder...

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
VAMONOS.
I'm glad they are doing it for LatAm too, I'll call them on Monday and set up the repair

Deleted member 18113

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This extends to Brazil? Because I asked for repair using the US link (my system was bought there) and I received the following reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry, but this Joy-Con repair service ticket is only meant for consumers who live in the US or Canada. If your system was purchased in Brazil from an authorized retailer, please contact HG DIGITAL SERVICE, the local Nintendo Authorized Service Center (ASC). Here's their contact information:

HG DIGITAL SERVICE LTDA.
AVENIDA POMPEIA, 1522
SÃO PAULO - SP
CEP 050220-001 - VILA POMPEIA
TEL: (11) 3868-2658 / 3862-2516
FAX: (11) 3875-1333
E-MAIL: [email protected]

To receive warranty service, you must provide proof (such as a sales receipt, invoice, or sales ticket) to the ASC that your hardware was purchased from an authorized retailer. Also, the console must be within the warranty period and have no physical damage (spilling liquid on the system, for example). For more details on warranty coverage in Latin America, please check the Warranty Certificate that came with your hardware. I've provided a direct link to the certificate below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/latam_warranty.pdf

IMPORTANT: If the system was purchased in the United States, you will not be able to have your system serviced by HG DIGITAL SERVICE. Instead, you must send it to a friend or family member in the United States who can then arrange to have the system repaired through Nintendo of America directly. Once Nintendo of America has repaired the system it will be shipped back to your contact, who will then ship it to you. Please note that you will be responsible for any and all shipping charges between Brazil and the United States.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Laura G.

Conjo

Oct 27, 2017
Lei Colmosna
This extends to Brazil? Because I asked for repair using the US link (my system was bought there) and I received the following reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry, but this Joy-Con repair service ticket is only meant for consumers who live in the US or Canada. If your system was purchased in Brazil from an authorized retailer, please contact HG DIGITAL SERVICE, the local Nintendo Authorized Service Center (ASC).
Because you contacted Nintendo USA.
For everyone in latam (at least the coutnries covered by JVLat), you need to contact them to the representative that appears on their page. For Brazil it's the company they told you, see here: http://jvlat.com/servicio-tecnico-brazil/

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Nintendo doesn't officially sell their consoles in many Latin-American countries. Stores still import them on their own, but that usually translates in much more expensive prices compared to Xbox / PS. They didn't even have an E-Shop here when the Switch launched, and the 3Ds didn't get one at all.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo doesn't officially sell their consoles in many Latin-American countries. Stores still import them on their own, but that usually translates in much more expensive prices compared to Xbox / PS. They didn't even have an E-Shop here when the Switch launched, and the 3Ds didn't get one at all.

i wouldnt call them non-existen tho.

i mean i buy my games in mexican pesos

contrary to the PS network where the prices are still in dollars

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
But since I bought in US, I'm screwed right?

Where the hell would you bought it? There is no official brazilian switch =P

Para os fãs brasileiros, existe uma opção de assistência técnica autorizada pela própria Nintendo, a HG Digital, localizada em São Paulo, conserta o Joy-Con Drift sem qualquer tipo de cobrança. Basta levar a nota fiscal ou o número de série de seu Nintendo Switch para ter direito ao serviço.

Theorically you only need to show the serial number of your switch

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
i wouldnt call them non-existen tho.

i mean i buy my games in mexican pesos

contrary to the PS network where the prices are still in dollars
The PS Store it's horrible for local currency support (or just support in general), but they've made specific bundles and all that stuff for Latam at least. Here in Uruguay it's more expensive to buy a Switch without games than a PS4 with 3 games and 3 months of PS+ :P

Microsoft is probably the best of them all when it comes to this, stuff like Game Pass greatly benefits the region.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody tried this in Peru? My joycons don't have this drifting problem. The left one sometimes disconnects or gets stuck in one direction for a while before disconnecting. I tried doing the foam fix on my own but it didn't work.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky, I couldn't even get Valve to sell me a replacement part for my Steam Controller which is full of issues.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my Switches in the Nintendo NY store, I'm probably screwed if I want a repair here in Chile :P

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Anybody tried this in Peru? My joycons don't have this drifting problem. The left one sometimes disconnects or gets stuck in one direction for a while before disconnecting. I tried doing the foam fix on my own but it didn't work.
I'll contact them and see if they offer this in Peru as well, along with what is required before proceeding with repairs.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
People pls read the note on the OP. It says it does not matter if the switch was bought in Costa Rica or elsewhere. The same should apply to everybody regardless of the country you live.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Wait, so warranty doesn't matter but it does in Brazil? How can we fix only Brazilian joycons if they don't sell it here officially?

I guess I'll call them Monday, I hope they can fix mine because the repair shop is reeeeally close to home.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I won't be satisfied untill i get an apology from them, because words matter more than action

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
I won't be satisfied untill i get an apology from them, because words matter more than action

Not just an apology, I won't be satisfied until they aknowledge they need to fix the actual design of the thing.

Fixing it by replacing the stick module isn't really fixing if the problems happen again after some weeks.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
HG Digital unfortunately is open only from 9 AM to noon on Saturdays, so I couldn't get them on the phone to clear stuff up.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So out of curiosity if you have a Joy Con in need of repair what do you need to provide Nintendo with? I know there's a serial number on the plastic sleeves the Joy cons are packed into the system with, so could you give them that serial number? Or do they need something else?

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Update: in Mexico Latamel is accepting joycon qnd repairing them for free! I sent mine last week and they are already in the process

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
If I already replaced the sticks myself a couple of times will they still repair them?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this extends to Europe. My right joycon has begun drifting again and playing Blasphemous it's impossible as the camera is shaking constantly.

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this extends to Europe. My right joycon has begun drifting again and playing Blasphemous it's impossible as the camera is shaking constantly.

Both my joycons have this problem, the right one tends to go down on its own and I main Bowser in Smash, so you can imagine how happy I am with Nintendo's quality control.

Here's hoping for Europe as well, but not counting on it with all the months that have passed.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Would like to know too. My both joycons are drifting. Bought it on ML.
Apparently they are, but only the drift fix is free, which is unfortunate since not only my 4 joy cons drift, 3 of them apparently had one of the internal ribbon cables torn apart, so SR, SL and the LED don't work anymore. I found that out when I opened one of them to replace the stick and that ribbon cable was torn right where it folds from one piece of the controller to the other. Huge bummer.