• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
It's been a while since I had one of these done, so if someone is up to the task I'm interested in seeing what you can come up with! :)

This was Prax's effort (assuming you're the same Prax from the old board) which was done just under 4 years ago:

cAjt4nJ.jpg

And here's a recent photo of me taken by a friend at a cafe:

WBu586s.jpg

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a while since I had one of these done, so if someone is up to the task I'm interested in seeing what you can come up with! :)

This was Prax's effort (assuming you're the same Prax from the old board) which was done just under 4 years ago:

cAjt4nJ.jpg

And here's a recent photo of me taken by a friend at a cafe:

WBu586s.jpg
I feel like you might be Porter Robinson's brother. Can you confirm this?

I feel like you might be Porter Robinson's brother. Can you confirm this?
I actually know Porter from back when he still produced Eurodance (as Ekowraith). Had some talks with him over MSN back in the day and he participated in the forum quite a lot. He had some great views on gay marriage, which, given our forum, its thread ran for ages.

I should post up a photo myself aswell. Though i am not really fond of selfies, i like drawings.

I'm often mistaken for a Jake Gyllenhaal lookalike (humble brag) but this is a first. He does look rather similar to me though, and our birthdays aren't too far apart either.
Stop lying, you are Porter Robinson. You are the one with the Booming Track. ;)

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm often mistaken for a Jake Gyllenhaal lookalike (humble brag) but this is a first. He does look rather similar to me though, and our birthdays aren't too far apart either.
i don't see the Gyllenhaal but I definitely see a ton of PR haha i just saw him perform as Virtual Self at Ultra this weekend, too so that's why his face is so fresh in my mind.

I actually know Porter from back when he still produced Eurodance (as Ekowraith). Had some talks with him over MSN back in the day and he participated in the forum quite a lot. He had some great views on gay marriage, which, given our forum, its thread ran for ages.
i didn't know his music back then but i knew he had a different musical persona in the past. that's really cool though!

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
You guys have impressive skills !

I'd love one of you to take a shot at my wife and I :)
NRWlDnI.jpg

i didn't know his music back then but i knew he had a different musical persona in the past. that's really cool though!
He did quite a bit of stuff back then! Mostly in dance as Ekowraith, but he also had a one time off project as Chipmaniax, did a remix under the 1 Up disguise (Which was decidely 8 bit) and also a melodic trance piece as ''On Slot''. I have most of his stuff from back then, i could link to some YT vids if you are interested. (Should be in PM though as that's outside the scope of this thread).

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
PHEW HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING???

I finally got around to updating our gallery post from posts 200 - 400!
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3570451/

Anyway, just giving a bit of a bump! I may have energy to start doing a few quick portraits in a few days, but thanks to everyone else for keeping this alive thus far!

Great job, Prax (as usual)! More to come~

And here's me!

P521bBd.jpg

EDIT 3: never mind i got it! Thanks to anyone who can help make that top picture happen!

Sorry for the loss of your friend, AK. And sorry I couldn't make something of the pic you posted. I did have better luck with your image, though (kind of?). I tried my best, but pen is a very unforgiving tool...

NOOr7m7.png

Will be getting to some others in the thread soon too (I hope).

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always forgot to throw this in here. Love the talent here and want to see what happens

Last edited:

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Great job, Prax (as usual)! More to come~

Sorry for the loss of your friend, AK. And sorry I couldn't make something of the pic you posted. I did have better luck with your image, though (kind of?). I tried my best, but pen is a very unforgiving tool...

NOOr7m7.png

Will be getting to some others in the thread soon too (I hope).

Dude this is so fucking awesome! Made my whole day, thank you so much!!! I was so hoping one day that post would get quoted and you killed it! AAAAHHHH!

And thank you for the condolences, I know that is a tough picture to put to any kind of drawing. It'll be a year in July since his death and I'm still trying to figure out something to get for my buddy Chance. I may try and repost that. I just want something original for him so he can remember the good times and that picture absolutely captures the energy those two had together. Anyone reading this who would like to give it a try please check out my post earlier in the thread, thanks!

Thanks again, I love it!

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Wah, beautiful works, guys!
Inquisitive_Ghost I'd say that was pretty good practice!

ALSO

I have added this reminder to the OP since this previous issue may crop up in this new thread:

A REMINDER:
The artists that do post will be of varying skill levels and are doing this voluntarily for fun or practice and whatever portraits they do choose to do will mainly be luck of the draw. While you may be extremely attracted to certain styles, please try to refrain from making requests to specific artists, as that may create undue pressure on them. It's flattering to be in demand in any capacity, but it may take on a exploitative feel in the end.

If you have specific requests, it may be better to ask if an artist is open for commissions (let's keep artists fed and paid for their skills!).

Let me know if it needs rewording or what your take on the situation should be!
I am unsure about facilitating any kind of commission transactions in regards to ERA's ToS (should I be linking or indicating artists willing to take commissions?), but if that seems like an important thing, I'll look into it?

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
092116_1675-_L.jpg

Always forgot to throw this in here. Love the talent here and want to see what happens.
Thought I would mess with Illustrator:
tumblr_pd7xj6IBDk1ruep75o1_1280.jpg

Wah, beautiful works, guys!

I have added this reminder to the OP since this previous issue may crop up in this new thread:

Let me know if it needs rewording or what your take on the situation should be!
I am unsure about facilitating any kind of commission transactions in regards to ERA's ToS (should I be linking or indicating artists willing to take commissions?), but if that seems like an important thing, I'll look into it?
Cheers!

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to say that you guys are unbelievably talented. Each and every one of those potraits is fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
Would love a drawing of this great photo of my wife and I getting ready to sign our marriage license. Pretty please. :)

img_3157ccpyksb.jpg