• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone wanna practice or warm up with drawing some ERA residents?
H.Protagonist was supposed to make this thread, but lucky for me, her child is keeping her very very busy! She has sent me what files she was able to collect from the old thread so we can start the new one.

Everyone is welcome to participate! Any skill level! Let's have some fun!

Just post a selfie or portrait that you would like others to try on. Maybe it will be an MS Paint masterpiece, maybe it will be a pen doodle, or lovingly rendered playdough model!

I will try to get to people who haven't had their portraits drawn before. So if you want a randomly-interpreted portrait by myself and others, please join in. I encourage people who want portraits of themselves to draw someone else too if you can muster the courage!

A REMINDER:

The artists that do post will be of varying skill levels and are doing this voluntarily for fun or practice and whatever portraits they do choose to do will mainly be luck of the draw. While you may be extremely attracted to certain styles, please try to refrain from making requests to specific artists, as that may create undue pressure on them. It's flattering to be in demand in any capacity, but it may take on a exploitative feel in the end.

If you have specific requests, it may be better to ask if an artist is open for commissions (let's keep artists fed and paid for their skills!).

Here's an example from the old "free portrait drawing" thread:
My selfie:
g.png

And here's what some very talented people decided to do!!!:

BY THE WAY, HERE'S A RECENT SELFIE OF ME IN CASE YOU WANNA DO MINE TOO!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
PORTRAITS FROM THE OLD THREAD!
MAYBE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF HERE!

by Alcotholic said:

by Amalthea said:

by Clydefrog said:

by sabrina said:

by H.Protagonist said:

by HeavyLiquid said:

by Jhoan said:

by Kettu said:

by Moozoom said:

by MrCow said:

by MrCunningham said:

by Prax said:

by Shamrock7r said:

by Turnipfritters said:

by awilliams213 said:

by bounchfx said:

by jgwhiteus said:

by rubbishmonkey said:

by tbro777 said:

OKAY AND THAT'S ALL I WAS SENT! There are a bunch missing since links have long broken down, etc, but as you can see, QUITE AN EYEFULL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra Gallery!

Last Updated: Posts #1 - #566

by Alcotholic said:

by awilliams213 said:

by BadWolf said:

by Dice said:

by DiipuSurotu said:

by ExMachina said:

by Futureman said:

by H.Protagonist said:

by heavy liquid said:

by Inquisitive_Ghost said:

by IMACOMPUTA said:

by Jo-awn said:

by JohnoHigginsClark said:

by LegendX48 said:

by LossAversion said:

by manzoman96 said:

by MetalLord said:

by mu cephei said:

by Myansie said:

by Pororoka said:

by Prax said:

by Purple Mug said:

by Rassilon said:

by Robin said:

by Robotnik said:

by rubbishmonkey said:

by sabrina said:

by stufte said:

by Tfritz said:

by thaivo said:

by TrueSloth said:

by Unit 333 said:

by FUTURE ARTIST! said:

by FUTURE ARTIST! said:

Note:
If you're curious about where I am storing everything or want a flat index of stuff, you can go here:
http://solarcat.strawberryink.ca/images/new-portraits/resetera/

I do not keep copies of the original reference photos and unless artists named their files, they will be whatever gibberish the image hosting service uploaded it as haha.

Last edited:

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Wow!
I wasn't sure if I should make this thread or not when ResetEra came about.
Glad to see it up!
and here's some of the other stuff I was proud of:
If anyone one wants me to do one, shoot me a message. I don't have much free time since I'm working full time and have 2 heavy college classes, but I need a break every once in a while to be creative.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a selfie per session but hopefully it's ok to post this, if not please let me know and I'll edit.
img_20171231_145755260qq6o.jpg

image.php

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
If someone could do a nice portrait of my better half and little man that would be much appreciated.

9nxyIAG.jpg

Last edited:

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Jhoan here. I owe a bunch of people portraits from the previous thread's incarnation that I worked on but never finished/posted. I'm a perfectionist to a fault so I hope those people are lurking out there. My watercolors are out so I'll probably work on some later and/or digitally with my phone if need be. Here's one long overdue one for instance (which still isn't finished IMO). It reminds me that I should get back into working with crowquill pen and ink:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Great work everyone.

Not sure if anyone is interested in doing one with a person and their adorable puppers but I will throw it out there if anyone wants to.

1BFjYK.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I always loved this thread on the old forum. Thanks for making a new one. I think I will both try to draw some faces and request trippy portraits of me. I am barebones to digital art. Not good with colouring so will be mostly black and white dull.

I have to put this down for now, but here is where I got. I don't think I nailed your likeness and kinda accidentally aged you up, sorry to say haha. I might take another stab at it later.

Q3QQN.jpg
Looks like a good half-realistic Simpsons character to me, Homer perhaps in an alternative universe. I like it.
I also like the picture you chose because man how are you holding that can really :)

Perhaps i should post something up too, but i have an absolutely baby face and easily mistaken for being around my early twenties when in fact, im 27.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This was one of my favorite threads from the old forum so I'm glad it's back. Thanks Prax and H.Protagonist for the work.

One of these days I'll dig out my sketchbook and start drawing again, one of these days.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Always wanted to take part in one of these! Would be very grateful for anything :)
1240023_10151822564100813_14719364_n.jpg